Buffalo Bills

AHcreative

I Googled 'charging buffalo' to find a pic of a real charging buffalo's legs and found this right here on the CCSLC site. It's an old Bills logo apparently and IMO the legs look better and more realistic than the 'hanging' legs.

Not to sound biased because it was mine, but on the one I tried out, I think the legs look more like they show movement, as opposed to yours which look like he's gliding through the air.

bufg.png

I see what all of you are saying about the "motion of the legs", and for the most part I agree with y'all. But for this logo I sorta wanted to keep the basic model of the bison, just with some updated features. I don't know how strong of an analogy I can put in here, but ... Take the Lion's update for example; the Lions could have fixed the front two legs so that it didn't look like the lion is licking his paw, but they kept the same design as the prior logo, and one could still argue that the lion "looks like he's licking his paw".

So in short, I would just like to keep the legs similar to what they are now. However, I'm open to suggestions on how to make the legs look a bit better without completely re-constructing them.

Here's the logo with the red eye, also this is my first attempt at a watermark.

Buffalowithwatermark.png

P.S. to FGWB: You said the legs you drew up showed "movement", while the legs on my logo just made the bison look like "he's gliding through the air". Is gliding not considered a "movement"? :P

P.S. to FGWB: You said the legs you drew up showed "movement", while the legs on my logo just made the bison look like "he's gliding through the air". Is gliding not considered a "movement"? :P

It's falling. With style.

bufg.png

It's falling. With style.

I like Heitert's much more personally. Something about yours makes it seem like a flying squirrel.

Anyway. Heitert, really nice work on this logo. It is absolutely beautiful

RockiesSig.png

I dunno, something still seems off to me. The front legs just seem limp. I think it's a combination of the gentle curve on the legs as well as the position of the head. Maybe if the head were looking up a bit more and the legs had more of a definite bend at the knee it would help a bit.

Love the red eye! And love the direction this is going.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I dunno, something still seems off to me. The front legs just seem limp. I think it's a combination of the gentle curve on the legs as well as the position of the head. Maybe if the head were looking up a bit more and the legs had more of a definite bend at the knee it would help a bit.

I see what you mean with the front legs. I'll try to define them a little more, but like I said, I want the logo to resemble the current one, and on the current that's pretty much the general leg shape. I'll work on 'em though. Do you think the back legs need any work before I start messing with them all?

Thanks for all of the comments guys. Any more suggestions or critiques are greatly appreciated.

as a die hard bills fan, here's my two cents. i absolutely love where it is going and i'd take it over what we use now any day but a few things catch my eye. the stripe coming off the body is not matched up with the horn, it begins way below it and it looks offset to me, id move it up to match the horn position. a second thing, as the body continues toward the end, it seems to get progressively skinnier and skinnier and at the very end it just looks too skinny, it just needs to be beefed up a little bit in the tail end.

other than that, best bills concept i've seen in a long long time, please get this to buffalo quick! excellent work

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/

I see what you mean with the front legs. I'll try to define them a little more, but like I said, I want the logo to resemble the current one, and on the current that's pretty much the general leg shape. I'll work on 'em though. Do you think the back legs need any work before I start messing with them all?

Thanks for all of the comments guys. Any more suggestions or critiques are greatly appreciated.

Back legs look fine to me. I understand what you are saying about keeping it similar and I don't think tweeking the legs a bit will hurt that goal. Have to disagree with sideshowbob about it being too skinny, bison in general are a lot thinner in the hind.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

I like what you're doing with this...the head and body above the red streak look great! I think what doesn't look quite right is the lower half of the body below the red streak doesn't come down far enough. Basically the overall size of the body is too thin (small) for the head.

i think the head could be smaller honestly. bison have huge arched backs that lead into a smaller head. i think if you shrunk the head, it would make the bison look more real, plus more strong and fierce. also the far dark front leg seems positioned weirdly. it throws of the perspective of the whole bison and its angle. try bringing it forward slightly and then creating a small white gap like you do with the back legs. other than that, this is close. nice work

Archived