Rays wearing plaid billed hats

BaltimoreFan

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I think about it, I think I have and idea why they did something like this (other than just for the sake of doing it). First off, it's their last home game before they playoffs. Secondly, they had a 20,000 free ticket giveaway to the fans tonight (that's right, they gave away more free tickets tonight than they actually sold). And thirdly, it was their first game after clinching. Maybe they realized those three things and were just like, why not?

But as a sidenote, I did catch a minute of the game, and the caps didn't look great to me, particularly because when in action (like a ground ball, etc.) with the camera moving, it just looks like theres a big light blue splotch on the bill. Not a good look IMO, and I hope its worn very sparingly if ever again. Considering they scored no runs and only mustered 3 hits I don't think they will consider this look too memorable (if the Rays are as superstitious as many other teams).

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

OK when I saw this thread title my first reaction was "Plaid hats? This going to look stupid." But I have to admit that they don't look all that bad. I don't think I'd like it as an every day look but once in a while wouldn't be the end of the world.

BB52Big.jpg

How do you take the worst uni/logo set in sports and make things worse?

That team just did.

They are terrible, awful, disgusting, worthless, tacky, etc.

And funny BigDmo says that, because usually I'm the one say that.

I love crazy things people hate such as orange Islander jerseys and most odd third jerseys you can think of. But I hate these stupid hats.

I just am looking foward to them being eliminated from the playoffs so I can stop fighting traffic for these bandwagon fans. Those jokers celebrated like they won it all jsut for getting in the playoffs. Classless.

2ly2w09.jpg

OMG SOMETHING DIFFERENT, MUST HATE

-average CCSLC'r in my mind

I'm guessing you were late getting to this thread, because here's what happened:

Perhaps unsurprisingly to some, I love them! Excellent creativity and even better execution. This could be a mainstay of their visual identity for years to come if they stick with it.

I actually like it too. At the very least its unique. When have you ever seen a sports team wear plaid? It's not like its too much either, just restricted to the hat brims. Of course, I'm probably a little biased too, blue is my favorite color and I like the way light blue plaid looks. I'd actually probably buy one of those blazers if I ever came across one.

Anyone have game pics? These sound badass.

It's so :censored:ing weird I love it.

AWESOME

Why not. If pinstripes are OK, plaid should be fine. I say make a plaid uniform. I believe the Giants wore plaid back in the 19-teens.

3135c1j.jpg

As long as it's an alt & they'll only have it until plaid falls out of style, this is pretty cool.

That's just from the first page. Turns out the average CCSLC'r is more like "OMG SOMETHING DIFFERENT, MUST LOVE"

Archived