Rays wearing plaid billed hats

BaltimoreFan

How do you take the worst uni/logo set in sports and make things worse?

That team just did.

They are terrible, awful, disgusting, worthless, tacky, etc.

And funny BigDmo says that, because usually I'm the one say that.

I love crazy things people hate such as orange Islander jerseys and most odd third jerseys you can think of. But I hate these stupid hats.

I just am looking foward to them being eliminated from the playoffs so I can stop fighting traffic for these bandwagon fans. Those jokers celebrated like they won it all jsut for getting in the playoffs. Classless.

Soooo, are you going to root for every team to lose then?

Because I'm pretty sure the Yankees did the same as the Rays... And the Phillies did... And the Reds did... And the Twins did... and the Rangers did... And I'm sure two out of the Giants, Padres, and Braves will do the same...

It's what baseball players do. Chill out.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you take the worst uni/logo set in sports and make things worse?

That team just did.

They are terrible, awful, disgusting, worthless, tacky, etc.

And funny BigDmo says that, because usually I'm the one say that.

I love crazy things people hate such as orange Islander jerseys and most odd third jerseys you can think of. But I hate these stupid hats.

I just am looking foward to them being eliminated from the playoffs so I can stop fighting traffic for these bandwagon fans. Those jokers celebrated like they won it all jsut for getting in the playoffs. Classless.

Soooo, are you going to root for every team to lose then?

Because I'm pretty sure the Yankees did the same as the Rays... And the Phillies did... And the Reds did... And the Twins did... and the Rangers did... And I'm sure two out of the Giants, Padres, and Braves will do the same...

It's what baseball players do. Chill out.

Not all the Yankees players did. It was mostly the younger guys. The other guys kept their composure, knowing this wasn't the end all.

It's like not touching the Stanley Cup until you win it. I don't think anyone should settle or be ecstatic until they win it all.

2ly2w09.jpg

Baseball has the longest season. Winning a divisin is an accomplishment no matter how many times in a row you've done it. I agree about going overboard though, when you've been there before and still have bigger goals to accomplish.

The Phillies veteran players, led by Ryan Howard, simply prepared the champagne bottles, and waited for Mike Sweeney, Roy Halladay, and Brian Schneider (all players who have never been to the playoffs before) and handed the bottles to them to pop the cork and celebrate. All told, it was rather low key.

When asked how it felt to finally celebrate winning a division after all of his years in the bigs, Roy Halladay simply said "it was cold".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll go "stick in the mud" on this. If Tampa does this for the long term, I can live with it, but I really don't want to see a "fashion cap" trend throughout the league.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

It definitely gets my approval.

When the personality of the team is expressed uni-wise it's usually really bad (Eg. Football AOC, Jays ditching Graphite caps :P ) but this is really unique and refreshing to see.

It's the kind of thing the fans can embrace and get behind, and that's much needed in Tampa.

And hey, if it sells more merch, why not?

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

can someone do a mockup of the Rays in their navy or light-blue jerseys with the plaid hats and the striped stirrups...

Hopefully before I eat anything today, otherwise I will puke my guts out.

2ly2w09.jpg

can someone do a mockup of the Rays in their navy or light-blue jerseys with the plaid hats and the striped stirrups...

Hopefully before I eat anything today, otherwise I will puke my guts out.

You should keep posting about how much you don't like them. You're changing a lot of minds.

That's allowed!?

Took the words right out of my mouth, my exact reaction. If the Giants can't wear orange cleats, then how the heck can the Rays wear a PLAID brim?? :blink:

The Giants could wear orange cleats if they wanted, but they ALL would have to wear them. That is why Wilson had to change/color them black. All the Rays are wearing these, not one player.

Oh okay, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I like 'em, don't get me wrong, I really do dig 'em. I just didn't think that they were allowed at first.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

What can I say, I really like these. Of course, it would match a lot of my favorite shirts in high school (no, not flannel, and not grunge). It's different and definitely original.

For all those that criticized this simple rebranding as boring, they have certainly added some flair to it in the years since with the navy and powder alts and now this plaid-billed cap. I liked it then (despite the loss of the blue-green combo) and I like what they've done with it. Great job, Rays.

And "bandwagon fans," Legend? "Fighting traffic"? You must not keep up on the news. Whatever traffic you're fighting wouldn't seem to be Rays fans, as the recent 10,000- and 12,000-esque totals for potential clinchers were harshly criticized by their stars. Maybe the extra 20,000 for this game -- never saw the attendance total -- but otherwise the roads should be fairly clear for you.

Archived