Ink's MLB

Ink

Skier14 and bruschimania both gave you some great advice. Their suggestions will really help you out.

My advice is to spend a month or two just fooling around with Inkscape. It may seem like a long time, but it'll be fun if you start playing around with it. Just draw simple objects and trace pictures/logos until you are confident with your abilities.

But don't limit your designing to computer-based technology. Use all of your talents. Can you draw? Sketch? Just sketch or draw your ideas in a notebook. Later, you can render your concepts on Inkscape. Sketching is an extremely important step in the creation of a concept.

Don't rush together your concepts in under an hour. I used to be a binge-designer. When I felt the creative juices, I would slap out 2-3 Inkscape uniform concepts per day. That may be how you feel. To guard against binge-designing, draw your ideas in your notebook. Take your best idea and only work on that for the next day or two. Don't feel the pressure to post the concepts on CCSLC until you are very satisfied with your work. If you don't like your ideas, how could we like them?

I have a mini-project for you to test your patience in designing. Trace a simple logo. Wait 24 hours or more. Make revisions to your tracing that can improve it. But how can you improve a tracing? Trust me, you can. Once you are confident that your logo-tracing is the best you can do, post it here. The members (at least me) will critique it. You can make the needed changes and do whatever you need to do to make the logo better. This will help you, I promise. It worked for me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was really liking these and then I saw the Rockies and was really disappointed. After that you seemed to fall off. I wouldn't suggest stopping, but I'd take my time with the next concepts and make sure you have something that really would improve a team's look.

Some of these these looked really good (even if the ideas themselves aren't what I'd go for), but the last few have been mediocre.

wow thanks for all the comments guys. I do have to admit I rushed a few and disappointed with some that's why when I finish all30 teams I'll go back and fix the ones you all critiqued. I really appreciate all the comments I was beginning to think no one was looking at my concepts. I am very new at inkscape and still trying to figure things out so thanks punch9 for that advise. The main reason I was going to fast was because I got addicted to doing it and had the urge to finish. Ill slow it down.

For all these concepts I wanted to mix all the teams different eras into one. I already have a Redsox one down but I'll revisit it before posting. Also, some of them I like the way they are like the

Marlins, I know the scripts do not match but in the 1990's their set was just like that

Cardinals, I know the scripts are off center but other then that I'm not changing

Reds, Its a resemblance of their Big Red Machine look, and I love that look so maybe I'll just change the cream to white

Brewers, I my mind is perfect that way so sorry no change there

Also I am having trouble with inkscape every time I save as a .png file it crashes and says "Inkscape has encountered an internal error and will no close" any help there? That's why from the Rockies concept on they look awful because they are all JPEGs from that point.

I have one question though, is the template I'm using that is bad too?

3535rx3.jpg

Okay i finally got inkscape working again. I look at everyone's comments and decided to start from the beginning.

I really took my time with detail with this one. I also enlarged everything to see if that makes it all clearer.

Philadelphia Phillies

1)Lightened the maroon a tad

2)No more dark blue, went to powder blue

3)No numbers on the sleeves, I know it is a Philadelphia Phillies icon but I removed it with a liberty patch and put the numbers on the front

4)The MLB logo is now on all the uniforms

5)Changed the red alt from home to away

6)Re-added the day home cream uniforms with alt. hat

Comments? Before I move on

Updated

phillies-4.png?t=1286755455

3535rx3.jpg

Next Re-do the New York Mets

As a Mets fan these are perfect

1)Again no more black

2)Cream color home to mimic color worn in the 60's

3)Piping on sleeves and neck to mimic the uniforms worn in the series against the Giants in 2009

4)Blue alt to mimic to blue alts worn in the 1980s

5)Road hat blue

6)Alt road blue, since the Mets used to have 2 alt black uniforms one saying Mets and other saying New York, I wanted to do the same here but with blue and since they can't pull off an orange uniform 2 blues looks best

7)Alt. blue and orange hats on both their alt uniforms

mets-2.png?t=1286750305

3535rx3.jpg

So Spanbread1 rhymes with Panhead1, they both have the same avatar, and are both annoying. Possible copy cat?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So it's just a coincidence that you two share the same avatar and your username rhymes with his? We're not stupid.

why would i create a username that rhymes with the first one? that is really stupid. its just a coincidence, lol.

Well, Panny isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

25yzwqg.png

Well, you also have the same avatar and the same annoying, oblivious attitude, so I think you can understand the confusion.

i dont understand the confusion cuz i dont exactly know who panhead is

Panhead1's profile

EDIT: Wait, if you don't know who Panhead1 is, how could you know who LetsGoOakland9 is. This doesn't add up.

25yzwqg.png

Archived