Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Ring Design

scarsofthumper

They should have used differently-coloured stones for the feathers in the logo. I think it would have made the whole design pop. Right now, it's just a big shiny mess.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

It's hard to make a logo that's as detailed as the Hawks logo is look good on a ring. I think it would look better with different colored stones in the logo, but I still don't think it would look that great.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

They could have at least put some red in there. Like make the field behind the Cup red, with the different colored feathers and black hair.

There would have to be a lot of detail as mentioned, but there needs to be some red somewhere.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The rainbow of colors in the Indian Head really would've made for a nice ring. This one is okay, but it could've been better. Ah well, they'll get it right on the next one.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They should have used differently-coloured stones for the feathers in the logo. I think it would have made the whole design pop. Right now, it's just a big shiny mess.

Exactly what I thought. Its better when Cup Rings have some colour in them... this reminds me of the Red Wings Uninspired ring from 08

Here's a closer look from the Chicago Tribune, including views of the side and a comparison to the 2005 White Sox ring:

Huge graphic I figured was too big to paste here

I like it. Although I thought adding color to the logo would be a nice touch when first mentioned, seeing it doesn't do it for me. I think it just highlights how off the jeweled logo really is, so in that respect, I prefer they just use the diamond version. And I like that the Cup is in the background.

Plus, the C-tomahawk logo is rendered with rubies and emeralds on the side, so that solves the added color issue for me.

EDIT: Smaller view of side:

hawks-rings.jpg

Bling, bling. It seems. Be nice to win one of those...

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Archived