Former Az Card Pat Tillman Reportedly Killed

IowaFan26

In an era when athletes are being accused of rape, drug trafficking, steriod use, murder, wife-beating, and god knows what else, it was refreshing to have had a Pat Tillman

God Bless this man and his family. Whether he should be honored more for leaving his team to join another team (Army Rangers) and the fact the publicity will be more because of his situation, I feel that Sports figures are role models not matter what they think and they need to uphold that "honor". Mr. Tillman has truely shown this and will be honored by this country. It's great to see these young men serving our country and preserving our way of life and our Freedom. Gold Bless America & Pat Tillman!!! :flagusa:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Im sure the NFL will do something they usually are on the ball. I want to see a moment of silence at the draft tommorow too, and the Cards should retire #40.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Naturally I made a memorial page for Tillman taking parts of two ESPN articles and using them for may page.

BTW that logo with Rangers and Carinals logo merged was made by Chris a great job he di on this one for sure.

Pat Tillman

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I don't think you retire it Tank. Salute it, but I don't believe in football you really ever retire a number.

Actually, Both the Arizona Cardinals and Arizona State Sun Devils have already announced that his number will be retired. I agree totally with this. His life does not mean any more than any other soldier who has lost his life in Afghanistan or Iraq, but you know what.. I can use Pat Tillman as an example of what a true HERO does for his country and my 12 year old son will be able to understand and appreciate the sacrifices he made, whereas if I told him the story of 20 year old "Joe Smith" from Arkansas you joined the Army out of high school and lost his life over there it wouldn't make as good of an impact.

I think the proof that Tillman died doing what he believed in is more evident in the fact that he had not given an interview about his decision since just a few days after he made it. It wasn't the money he left on the table (which was actually about $9million) that impresses me, but the fact that he refused to make this decision about himself but rather about the country he loved and wanted to fight for.

Archived