UW Huskies to wear black jerseys

hawk36

I agree with this in any sport. If black isn't part of the team color, why use it all of the sudden? But then again gray is the typical away baseball color regardless of whether the team has gray in their logo. Same for white jerseys, although white is in most logos, but same idea.

So black is the new gray/white? Those 3 colors are just interchangable as base colors?

But USF doesn't really have much black. It was stupid when they used a black U on the helmet for a while, but finally they changed it for this season to green. The only black they have is the top of their main crest.

Okay first of all, let's give you a lesson on baseball uniforms. Baseball uniforms are grey because in the early years teams realized that grey covered dirt and grass stains better than white, and it's been that way ever since.

Black is the new grey/white? Uh, not quite. Black has always been black, and every other color is always the new black. Heck, black is the new black.

Washington has as much right to black uniforms as Miami does, which IS NONE. Why would they want to wear black when 1: It's not in their color palette, and 2: They already have a unique color scheme. If anything, they should make the huskie logo the primary.

Andrew pretty much already covered it...if there wasn't such a piranha-esque market (consumer base) out there for these things (BFBS uniforms), we wouldn't be seeing so many of them permeate the landscape of athletic aesthetics.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Two reasons: Recruiting and merchandising.

Two responses: True and Sad

I would hope that a storied program like UW could be above this but realistically I know no one is. When Notre Dame wears the black, we will know nothing is sacred anymore.

Totally agree with you. I was just pointing out what should be obvious by now. When Stanford wears black jerseys and pants, then Jim Harbaugh tells his fan base that he's only worried about what the players think of the uniforms, at least half of the statement above is confirmed. Hope the fan base tells Harbaugh where to shove it if/when he starts losing games in bunches.

Archived