College Basketball uniforms '10-'11

ONUV

Here's Ohio State in their Scarlets.

x610.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks those shorts would look so much better if the triangle shape didn't overlap the stripes going across the bottom of the shorts? For some reason that really bugs me.

Also, put me in the anti-Illinois new jersey camp. I think the super thick number and the thin "Illini" doesn't look good together.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't know if it'll match those photoshops, but Coach Miller has confirmed that the new uniforms will debut against UCLA on Thursday.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I agree, but what bugs me is that the sweat from the players darkens the jersey in the back. The good thing about the heavy SODs is that they don't have this problem. As for the design, I would think that it would have to include Old Main, and maybe the wildcat head.

If the designs I have seen are what we'll be wearing and not just a prototype, I can confirm that Old Main isn't on there. However, I can't really confirm any other details since I wasn't really supposed to see the designs in the first place and the board that I saw them on nearly got in trouble with the athletic department.

Might these be the new unis???

http://www.pointguardu.com/content/pgu-exclusive-arizona-s-new-uniforms-never-seen-before-494/

jerseydesign1.jpg

jersey_wm_wht.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Oh yeah, I forgot PGU put the pics up a few weeks ago.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like that they included the black stripe on the left shoulder as a new memorial decal for the victims of the Tucson shootings. For those of you who don't know, since the shootings the team's been wearing a black ribbon on their uniforms, and I like the inclusion of the black stripe as a continuation of that.

Not liking the NOB font at all. Looks cheap and ugly. I think the red set would look better if the blue and white were inverted on the lettering, same with the red and white on the blue one..

Well, it is the university's typeface, but yeah, the name would look better in white on the color jerseys.

Also, the shoulder stripes are not exactly the same as the football stripes, but they are asymmetrical: http://www.arizonawildcats.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/ariz/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/Nike_unis

Not liking the NOB font at all. Looks cheap and ugly. I think the red set would look better if the blue and white were inverted on the lettering, same with the red and white on the blue one..

Well, it is the university's typeface, but yeah, the name would look better in white on the color jerseys.

Also, the shoulder stripes are not exactly the same as the football stripes, but they are asymmetrical: http://www.arizonawildcats.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/ariz/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/Nike_unis

I think the NOB font (typeface) is one of the best in college basketball. It's been a part of the basketball jerseys for what, 15 years now? It's similar to what the Twins use in the circle-baseball logo. I think it's a classy font, though I don't know what the font it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived