College Basketball uniforms '10-'11

ONUV

I think Tennessee's mens teams should use some light blue in their jerseys too.

that wouldn't get much support. it's too synonymous with women's sports now. there's separate athletic depts for men's and women's sports.

Well, since men's basketball was the first team at Tennessee to use the columbia blue accents, I think you're wrong there:

museum_si.jpg

In fact, the use of blue in the Lady Vol jersey was a product of it being used as a men's trim color. The first year of the revamped women's team, then-coach (now women's AD) Joan Cronan went to order team uniforms, but the vendor, Athletic House, couldn't get orange in women's cut in time for the season. Since the men's team was using columbia blue and there were jerseys available in that color, it was chosen as the jersey color instead. The orange was used beginning the next season.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently these are Maryland's new uniforms.

new_jersey_medium.jpg

61218_1610253257164_1261201069_1662788_7709243_n_medium.jpg

They should have never ditched the national championship design. Those were really modern classics IMO. This is just another crappy set, just like most of the new college basketball sets.

Their National Championship uniforms were Nike and since they're with Under Armour now, they really didn't have much of a choice but to change them.

Good call, I forgot about that. I still can't stand the Under Armour look, and wish they'd at least try something similar to the national championship look. These new looks, and most of the new looks through out college bball, look more like Wal-Mart replicas to me than authentic game used jerseys.

I think Tennessee's mens teams should use some light blue in their jerseys too.

that wouldn't get much support. it's too synonymous with women's sports now. there's separate athletic depts for men's and women's sports.

Well, since men's basketball was the first team at Tennessee to use the columbia blue accents, I think you're wrong there:

museum_si.jpg

In fact, the use of blue in the Lady Vol jersey was a product of it being used as a men's trim color. The first year of the revamped women's team, then-coach (now women's AD) Joan Cronan went to order team uniforms, but the vendor, Athletic House, couldn't get orange in women's cut in time for the season. Since the men's team was using columbia blue and there were jerseys available in that color, it was chosen as the jersey color instead. The orange was used beginning the next season.

i know it was originally a men's color but it's too synonymous with women's sports now. men's sports use black as a trim color now.

New Texas A&M uniforms. Sorry for the blurry pic. Its from someones camera phone at a photo shoot.

New:

25nu.jpg

Old:

2009-10bball.jpg

Looks like most of the adidas schools are getting the new uniforms with the same collar. Very Nike-esque thing for adidas to be doing. So far though, it looks like upgrades for everyone to me. I think it's definitely a step in the right direction quality-wise for adidas college uniforms.

Here are a few more pics of the A&M uniforms. They have all the elements of the new Adidas college uniforms. I've also read that NCAA has approved a patch honoring A&M recruit Tobi Oyedeji who passed away from a car wreck a week before graduating high school. He may not have officially joined the team yet, but he was already very close to the team and his loss impacted them greatly. I'm not sure where that will fit with the Adidas logo and the NCAA logo thats on all uniforms.

x2_2f0c448.jpg

rayv.jpg

Michigan State's new uni's. I still don't understand the use of the non-school-color bronze being used to outline the numbers.

spartans-basketball-frontjpg-ca63166f6fcab50d_large.jpg

MSU already had silver outlines for the past decade or so, so the bronze is not such a big deal. What is really crazy is that they emphasize Spartans and not State. That's a huge change for MSU.

Video of NC State and their new adidas uniforms. Looks like the collars of the college teams will be similar.

NC State - Adidas Uniforms

These are unbelievably boring, IMHO.

This is a surprise to you?

I've always thought NC State's unis were bland.

Then their attempt at a uniform last year--which was hideous.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Here's an update, thanks to Uni Watch Blog.

Marshall Thundering Herd:

34405_1642617510432_1386681598_1743799_7807056_n.jpg

Baylor Bears:

5060140106_929cb069e3_o.jpg

Really liking those Baylor threads.

EDIT: UCF new duds as well.

5804217.jpeg

Full gallery here.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived