College Basketball uniforms '10-'11

ONUV

On 10/18/2010 at 4:58 PM, dmhtfld said:
On 10/18/2010 at 4:55 PM, bowld said:
On 10/18/2010 at 3:02 PM, AndrewG70 said:

UCLA's uniforms. No John Wooden memorial patch. Fail.

Sleeve design doesn't wrap all the way around the arm??

Thats the first thing i noticed while looking at this uniform, it looks horrible.

There's something else that looks weird there to me but I cannot quite put my finger on it. The font of the "UCLA" may be off? Or are the numbers too tall? It just looks a bit "off" to me.

Maybe they'll have a Wooden patch when the season opens.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston College got new uniforms as well

Boston-College-3.jpg

What is the image on the numbers? Is it supposed to be a street map?

There's something else that looks weird there to me but I cannot quite put my finger on it. The font of the "UCLA" may be off? Or are the numbers too tall? It just looks a bit "off" to me.

I agree, now that you point it out. The numbers look too tall/vertical.

A recent example for comparison --

uclablogpix100_champs_unif_erkkicor.gif

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Georgia Tech has new uniforms...again. What's new? (badumching!) ... I thought that was clever...

10-hoopfest-splash.jpg

Last year's were throwbacks to the 1985 ACC Championship team (they also wore a 1960 throwback at least twice), they did it because it was the anniversary for so many milestones (20th - first final 4, 50th - first NCAA Tourney appearance, 25th - first ACC Championship). The '85 an '90 uniforms only differed in the numbers (3-tone in '85, 2-tone in '90) and the use of Navy in '90 as opposed to Gold like in '85.

fnz:

I don't know if adidas has ever had a design similar to that one but the supplier is Russel Athletic.

Anybody else notice the thin white piping on them? this is like the 4th time I've seen that same picture and yet I just notice it.

I think it's a bird's nest.

Could it possibly be an abstract basketball net design?

I just read an article that stated it was supposed to resemble stained glass...

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2010/10/22/1767641/bc-basketball-its-got-to-be-the-jersey

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

(All thanks to UniWatch Blog)

Xavier Musketeers:

Tu-Holloway1.jpg

New rules allowing manufacturer's logo on uniform top. Also, new NCAA Basketball logo added.

5076001968_6725b04a50_o.png

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Georgia is in fact wearing new uniforms. appears to be same template they used for their alternate grey and alternate black uniforms from last year. ill try a snapshot, but the live stream video on the site is terrible.

seeing my fav team in SoD makes me sick. they look like they are wearing dresses

untitled.jpg

Can we please leave the shoulder stripes for the Lady *insert team nickname* and keep it off the men's uniforms.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

That really is awesome. I really do love that! In the interview, the guy who came up with it says "I think it's done within the rules, by the way..." ^_^ ^_^

I really, really hope it doesn't become a huge fad. I'd like that as something that stays unique to Oregon. But it won't.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived