College Basketball uniforms '10-'11

ONUV

Duke switched from System of Dress Aerographics to Nike HyperElites tonight against Maryland. Unlike the other HyperElite schools, Duke essentially did not change the uniform in any noticable way. The jerseys are identical to before with the Aerographic Chapel pattern taking up the entire back (the newer HyperElites have the graphic only take up the center of the back). The only differences are that the jerseys are lighter, the ACC patch moved from the pants to the back of the neck and the NCAA and ACC mandated flag patches have been transposed. Also, the NikeElite logo at the neck is now the newer pointed bauble.

The pants now have the laser holes in them on the sides, but are otherwise unchanged. Here is Duke Blue Planet's picture, which also indicated in the tweet that Duke switched to the lighter material tonight but otherwise the uniforms had the same look:

http://twitgoo.com/1t6cur

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio State wering new uniforms (probably the hyper-elites) vs. Penn State.

Link: http://www.ohiostate...TCLID=205077636

QOMQEEYGBVXMNIC.20110115213841.jpg

WMYQJHLWQHNYOES.20110115214046.jpg

The jerseys have "Ohio State" across the front in scarlet outlined in gray. In addition they have a scarlet, gray and black pinstripe on the shoulders that go down the side of the jersey and continue onto the shorts.

A key feature is the unique custom area on the back of the jersey that was designed by Nike and the Ohio State coaching staff.

Edit: Just tuned into the game. The unis have striping similar to the Oklahoma uniforms--over the shoulder and down the sides. Nice looking uniforms, in my opinion.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Arizona will debut their Hyper Elite uniforms soon. I don't know of the exact date, but it's not this week.

My money's on breaking them out for the ASU game next weekend.

Well, I was wrong.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The jerseys have "Ohio State" across the front in scarlet outlined in gray. In addition they have a scarlet, gray and black pinstripe on the shoulders that go down the side of the jersey and continue onto the shorts.

A key feature is the unique custom area on the back of the jersey that was designed by Nike and the Ohio State coaching staff.

Edit: Just tuned into the game. The unis have striping similar to the Oklahoma uniforms--over the shoulder and down the sides. Nice looking uniforms, in my opinion.

I think the jerseys are really sharp to, I'm gonna pick one up here soon, maybe when taxes get returned.

I think the jerseys are really sharp to, I'm gonna pick one up here soon, maybe when taxes get returned.

Here's a front view of it, in game:

EEUTKWHBLIVZOCS.20110116005926.jpg

Does Butler have the silver stripe for the Final Four appearence?

No, Butler is not a Nike Elite school. They should be, and I don't know why they aren't. I can only guess that their Nike contract is a limited contract and thus they are not being given Elite status.

Does Butler have the silver stripe for the Final Four appearence?

I thought the silver stripe was only for national championships.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

They're finally up. Sorry, I expected it would be up sooner.

Here's the article with an attached photo gallery.

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/011811aad.html

My thoughts...

The uniforms are clean, simple, and I believe pretty sharp. The shorts are probably the best part. I love the pattern, including the one created by the holes. I'm not a fan of the I-basketball logo--that will be phased out eventually. I like the back of the uniforms, showcasing the iconic Foellinger Hall was a nice touch. I'm also glad to see the names return to the uniforms. This team has inconsistent motivation problems whether they have their name or not, so just make the uniform better. Also, I like that ILLINI is on the white uniforms.

There's obviously one major drawback, and that's the two-tone name. It's possible that will be replaced with a solid color (or solid with an outline) for next season. That's the hope, but not sure if it's possible yet.

Yeah, that two-color wordmark is bad.

They're finally up. Sorry, I expected it would be up sooner.

Here's the article with an attached photo gallery.

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/011811aad.html

My thoughts...

The uniforms are clean, simple, and I believe pretty sharp. The shorts are probably the best part. I love the pattern, including the one created by the holes. I'm not a fan of the I-basketball logo--that will be phased out eventually. I like the back of the uniforms, showcasing the iconic Foellinger Hall was a nice touch. I'm also glad to see the names return to the uniforms. This team has inconsistent motivation problems whether they have their name or not, so just make the uniform better. Also, I like that ILLINI is on the white uniforms.

There's obviously one major drawback, and that's the two-tone name. It's possible that will be replaced with a solid color (or solid with an outline) for next season. That's the hope, but not sure if it's possible yet.

I wish they would use the number font for the team name and player name. They're using three different fonts on the jersey. It would have been nice for them to put Chief Illiniwek on the back of the jersey, but that's not going to happen.

I'm not a huge fan, especially of the two-tone wordmark. I don't really like the designs on the sides or the shorts either. They're not bad, just nothing special. I prefer their current uniforms. I can't really get a good feel for the design on the backs, but I've got floor seats for the game, so I should get a good luck tonight.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Pics of Ohio State's new gray uniforms:

LITPLVQECOGUWBJ.20110120014327.jpg

More here.

Also, love the buckeye leaf on the waist.

I'm assuming they're third jerseys, like the previous gray uniforms. Haven't seen any red jerseys yet, so hopefully the grays aren't the road uni haha.

Archived