MLB Postseason and World Series thread

infrared41

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twins vs. Reds in the World Series. Do it.

Honestly, I would just be happy if the Twins beat the Yankees, but I think this could be the year. They just play so well together.

Yes, please do it. Then I wouldn't feel bad at all about not watching the World Series this year. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

ALDS

Tampa Bay over Texas in 4

NY Yankees over Minnesota in 5

NLDS

Philadelphia over Cincinnati in 5

Atlanta over San Francisco in 5

ALCS

NY Yankees over Tampa Bay in 6

NLCS

Philadelphia over Atlanta in 5

World Series

NY Yankees over Philadelphia in 7

MVP: Mark Teixeira

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

ALDS

Rangers over Rays in 5

Twins over Yankees in 4

NLDS

Phillies over Reds in 4

Giants over Braves in 5

ALCS

Rangers over Twins in 6

NLCS

Phillies over Giants in 7

World Series

Phillies over Rangers in 6

I picked the Rangers/Phillies WS in March, so I'm sticking with it.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

My MLB prediction skills are about as stong as the Cubs in the postseason, so literally picked teams and # of games out of a hat this year. My results go as follows:

ALDS

Minnesota over New York in 4

Texas over Tampa Bay in 3

NLDS

Philadelphia over Cincinnati in 3

San Francisco over Atlanta in 5

ALCS

Texas over Minnesota in 7

NLCS

San Francisco over Philadelphia in 5

2010 WORLD SERIES

San Francisco over Texas in 6

6uXNWAo.png

Rays over Rangers in 4

Yankees over Twins in 5

Phillies over Reds in 4

Giants over Braves in 4

Rays over Yankees in 7

Phillies over Giants in 6

Phillies over Rays in 6

I can't pick against that pitching staff. They have looked too good. But I will say that I waffled in my Rays/Yankees pick and even the Giants/Phillies pick. No one would be surprised to see the Yankees win (and get bored over another Yanks/Phils series), and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants pull and upset and get to the World Series. The Giants showed me alot in their game against the Padres yesterday. Their starting pitchingis pretty good, and their bullpen was fantastic, and their fielding is great as well. They just need more timely hits. I think Yankees/Giants would be fun too, reviving an old NY/NY rivalry.

Those are my head picks, but I'll be rooting for the Twins, Reds, and Giants against their counterparts and rooting against the Yanks, Phils, and Rangers. I'm not rooting against the Braves, I like Bobby Cox and have ntohing against the Braves and loved their 90s teams, but I'm just not rooting for them :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Both the Twins and Yankees pissed it away in the last week so I really don't like either but one of them will go on through to the ALCS. Rangers I forgot even existed they clinched so early.

Phillies over Reds in 4

Giants over Braves in 5

Twins over Yankees in 5

Rays over Rangers in 3

Phillies over Giants in 6

Twins over Rays in 7

Twins over Phillies in 7

I'm with you almost all the way here New Era. My only difference, Phillies over Reds in 3. The Reds have played just pitiful recently, having to go extra innings with the likes of the 105 loss Pittsburgh Pirates, not to mention struggling and losing to last place Arizona. The Reds look flat as h.e. double toothpicks. Other than that, I believe all your predictions are accurate. I'll be curious to find out.

I am hoping for a Rangers/Giants World Series, if for no other reason, the Rangers have never been there before, and the Giants last won the World Series in 1954, when they were still in New York, a dozen years before I was even born. Padres folded like origami paper in the wind.

Well, an other Cubless playoff year is an other year of me rooting for the underdog.

ALDS

Yankees vs. Twins, MIN in 5

Rangers vs. Rays, TEX in 5

NLDS

Reds vs. Phillies, CIN in 5

Braves vs. Giants, SF in 4

ALCS

Rangers vs. Twins, MIN in 7

NLDS

Reds vs. Giants, CIN in 7

2010 World Series

Twins vs. Reds, MIN in 6

25yzwqg.png

I have a feeling deep in my gut that the Twins will win the World Series this year. They are a much better team than their '09 squad. I'd love nothing more than my Twins winning the World Series, but would settle for any team but the Yankees if the Twins are eliminated.

Here are my predictions:

ALDS

Tampa Bay Rays vs. Texas Rangers

-The Rays will win both games at home and split the games at Texas to take the series in 4. The Rangers will keep it close, but will fall just short.

Minnesota Twins vs. New York Yankees

-The Twins will take advantage of home-field and sweep the Yankees in two magical games at Target Field. They will follow up with a Game 4 victory to take their first ever playoff series vs. New York.

NLDS

Philadelphia Phillies vs. Cincinnati Reds

-The Phillies sweep the reds in 3 close games. Philly's pitching is just too dominant for the Reds to overcome.

San Francisco Giants vs. Atlanta Braves

-The Giants defeat the Braves in 4. This will be my 2nd favorite series to watch, obviously following the Twins-Yankees series.

ALCS

Minnesota Twins vs. Tampa Bay Rays

-This series should be another magical series for the Twins. After splitting the first two games at the Trop, the Twins will win the next two, lose Game 5, and take Game 6 back in the Twin Cities.

NLCS

Philadelphia Phillies vs. San Francisco Giants

-Arguably the biggest upset of the postseason, the Giants will win an exciting series in 7 games. Splitting the first four games, San Francisco will fall behind 3-2, but follow that up with two wins to finish off the Fighting Phils.

World Series

San Francisco Giants vs. Minnesota Twins

-After winning and losing a game each at AT&T Park, the Twins will come back home with a chance to win the World Series in front of the home crowd for the 3rd time in franchise history. The Twins take Games 3 and 4 easily, but Game 5 turns out to be a thriller. Falling behind 6-5 in the 14th inning, Jim Thome will step to the plate with a runner on and blast the most important Twins home run since Kirby Puckett's Game 6 dinger in 1991. Twins win the 2010 World Series in 5 games.

If this happens, somebody owes me something. :D

EDIT - Just got some great tickets to Game 1 in the lower deck!! Should be an exciting night.

I made my NLDS & ALDS Preview page, but Ill do my view for the entire playoffs

ALDS

NYY 3 Min 1

TB 3 Tex 1

NLDS

Phi 3 Cin 0

SF 3 Atl 1

ALCS

TB 4 NYY 3

NLCS

SF 4 Phi 3

World Series

TB 4 SF 2

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If the Reds could sweep the Phils in 2, they would. The Phillies just don't have the pitching to match up with the Reds - chalk it up to an easy Reds sweep in 3. Meanwhile, the Braves extend their season even more by outlasting the Giants in 5.

Over in the AL, I think the Rangers surprise us all, knocking out the Rays in 4, while the Yankees take care of business against the Twins in 5.

ALCS, I'm taking the Rangers in 6 and the Reds in 4.

Reds in 4 over the Rangers to win the World Series and become the first team since the '76 Reds to have a perfect postseason.

LvZYtbZ.png

If the Reds could sweep the Phils in 2, they would. The Phillies just don't have the pitching to match up with the Reds - chalk it up to an easy Reds sweep in 3. Meanwhile, the Braves extend their season even more by outlasting the Giants in 5.

Over in the AL, I think the Rangers surprise us all, knocking out the Rays in 4, while the Yankees take care of business against the Twins in 5.

Reds in 4 over the Rangers to win the World Series and become the first team since the '76 Reds to have a perfect postseason.

I pretty much see it the same way. Phillies fans will all be in red for games 1 and 2 of the NLDS, but it's going to backfire as the Reds will think that they're really at home, and get the confidence to destroy Halladay and Oswalt. Hamels doesn't stand a chance in game 3 in Cincinnati. I also once heard that one of the clubhouse attendants mentioned that Ryan Howard doesn't like the food they serve in Cincinnati (or was it Milwaukee?), so he definitely won't be on his game out there either.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not gonna lie, thats good stuff, now you just owe me a new keybord, Mr. Morris.

Divisional

Rays beat Rangers in 4

Yankees beat Twins in 4

Phillies beat Giants in 3

Braves beat Reds in 3

Championship

Rays beat Yankees in 7

Phillies beat Braves in 5

World Series

Rays beat Phillies in 6

I'm desperately hoping the Twins can beat the Yankees. I'll be happy if they beat the Yankees and lose in the ALCS, just as long as we beat the Yankees.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Archived