MLB Postseason and World Series thread

infrared41

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, this Roy Halladay guy can't pitch in pressure situations, he's gonna fold once the lights come on in October.

[/sarcasm]

Roy Halladay is a robot. The NL is a joke to this guy. That was awesome.

Ugh, guys! To me a dud is a game that is not exciting. I didn't get to see much of Rangers-Rays, but it was 5-1 so it couldn't have been too good. And Roy Halladay throwing a no-hitter isn't that exciting, there have been approximately 50 no hitters this season and I like a game with lots of runs. Not to say my heart didn't start racing or anything, but still.

Okay? K.

Roy Halladay is a robot. The NL is a joke to this guy. That was awesome.

I was just thinking that... How great would Doc be if he had left Toronto sooner?

This guy was a badass in the AL -- but he's a freak of nature in the NL!

6uXNWAo.png

When I picked the Phillies to sweep the Reds this is what I feared. The Reds are a very young team and the Phillies are a buzzsaw. The only NL team that has a shot to beat them is the Giants and that's only because of Lincecum.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The only NL team that has a shot to beat them is the Giants and that's only because of Lincecum.

I don't think the Giants have the lineup to do it. The pitching matches up pretty well, but I think the Phillies have a stronger lineup and will be able to get the edge in potential pitching duels.

# of hits:

Halladay: 1

Reds: 0

Oh yeah, I forgot he had a hit! Didn't he have an RBI and score a run too?

Wait a minute, just thinking about it, has there EVER been a player who threw a no-hitter, got an RBI, and scored a run all in the same game? I'd be shocked if that had ever happened before Halladay today.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Meh. Cliff Lee didn't walk anyone in his playoff debut for the Phillies.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

# of hits:

Halladay: 1

Reds: 0

Oh yeah, I forgot he had a hit! Didn't he have an RBI and score a run too?

Wait a minute, just thinking about it, has there EVER been a player who threw a no-hitter, got an RBI, and scored a run all in the same game? I'd be shocked if that had ever happened before Halladay today.

The only one i can think Of was Rick Wise when he hit 2 Home Runs...incidentally against the Reds on 1971

1) Roy Halladay... WOW. That was a through and through dominant performance. That was an amazing watch.

2) Good to see the Twins playing well here against CC. And Liriano is putting up a damn good performance too.

3) Cliff Lee is nasty. That curve is devastating. Besides the first, the Rays never looked like they were in it.

Well, this sucks. I didn't see us beating Cliff Lee anyway, but I didn't think we'd be drummed this badly.

Also, can someone explain to me again why the Angels thought they no longer needed Bad Vlad?

Last season, Vlad was riddled with injuries. He looked old. He looked unmotivated. He had his good stretches, but it wasn't the same Vlad. They were going to take him back on a one-year deal, but Vlad wanted a two-year deal. Based on his season last year and what the Angels thought were durability issues, the Angels wouldn't bite on a two-year deal, and thought that Matsui could do as well as Vlad could have done with their same brittle natures.

Vlad signed with Texas where he had always played well, but I also think a ton of his better play this year was from trying to prove the Angels wrong and to prove his doubters wrong. He had an inspiration to show up the team he left. He wanted to stay in Anaheim, but he didn't get the two-year deal that the Rangers gave him. I think had he stayed in Anaheim, yeah he would have been better last season, but I don't think he'd be as good as he was in Texas.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Ugh, guys! To me a dud is a game that is not exciting. I didn't get to see much of Rangers-Rays, but it was 5-1 so it couldn't have been too good. And Roy Halladay throwing a no-hitter isn't that exciting, there have been approximately 50 no hitters this season and I like a game with lots of runs. Not to say my heart didn't start racing or anything, but still.

Okay? K.

Okay then, well answer this...when's the last time a pitcher made his postseason debut with a no-hitter in the same season in which he pitched a perfect game (which by the way also qualifies as a no-hitter)? Hell...when's the last time a pitcher threw a postseason no-hitter period after having pitched a perfect game that same regular season?

Also...you say Roy's no-hitter didn't excite you, yet you then say your heart was racing. Which is it...or are you just plain confused?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Meh. Cliff Lee didn't walk anyone in his playoff debut for the Phillies.

Has willmorris invaded your brain? :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived