MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly, the A's haven't worn yellow since 1986. So the A's NEW yellow alternates will somehow harken back memories of the Swingin' A's of the 1970s.

Now if only the Pittsburgh Pirates can bring back the yellow jerseys themselves.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Interestingly, the A's haven't worn yellow since 1986. So the A's NEW yellow alternates will somehow harken back memories of the Swingin' A's of the 1970s.

Now if only the Pittsburgh Pirates can bring back the yellow jerseys themselves.

Someone on one of these threads (maybe this one) said that the Pirates were going to have yellow BP jerseys. So maybe that's a sign of things to come.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

This alt just makes my favorite identity in the majors even better.

Oakland's set is extremely underrated when it comes to the classic looks in the league, and since the Rays dropped the 'Devil', theyre the only team in baseball that uses a true green. In a league of 30 teams, how does that even happen?! Also the only team to use white shoes, which makes the set even classier.

I'd say that with the non-descript logo, multiple "close but not the same" caps, and generic (not classic in a Dodgers kind of way) jerseys, the A's have one of the worst identities in baseball.reat

They really need to solidify things. I think that emphasizing the "A's" monogram is a great step in the right direction. For most of their history, they had nothing but an A on the cap and jersey. They should go back toward that, and they'd be great. They're one of the oldest franchises (even if not in their original city) they should look like it.

This jersey is great, even if the piping is fashion-jersey obnoxious. It'd be even better if they had matching pants or even green pants. Make the white jersey match, and you've improved the set dramatically.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

He gave up his number (55) to Matsui.

I hope I see 88 on the field again. That would mean he made it back finally from that bad injury.

I'm aware of what he did. That doesn't excuse what a horrible number 88 is for baseball.

What's so bad about 88?

High numbers, generally anything 50 and up, are still associated with spring training fodder.

However, as bad a number 88 may be for a baseball player, Outman is the best possible name for a pitcher. HE IS OUTMAN! THE MAN OF OUTS! Worst possible name is Grant Balfour. How good can you be when you grant ball four?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't know, Albert Belle and Randy Johnson wore numbers higher than 50, and they were pretty good. And that's just off the top of my head.

I will accept that many athletes (at least in MLB and NBA) who wear high numbers tend to be headcases though, as evidenced by those two guys. And Rodman and Artest in the NBA.

First time since 1984 that "A's" is on the uniform. The style is similar to a home alt that Rickey Henderson wore before being traded to New York, only in white. 165116_500296011031_693636031_6464797_5660813_n.jpg

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Are you neurologically incapable of accepting answers to the questions you ask? Jesus Christ.

No, I'm not. Since you are too stupid to understand the conversation, I will recap.

Poster: 88 is a dumb number for a baseball player.

Me: Why?

You: Because high numbers are associated with spring training fodder.

Me: But there are plenty of good players who wear high numbers.

You: *Pissed off that you are wrong, can't come up with anything.*

Man, you are a moron.

I don't know, Albert Belle and Randy Johnson wore numbers higher than 50, and they were pretty good. And that's just off the top of my head.

I will accept that many athletes (at least in MLB and NBA) who wear high numbers tend to be headcases though, as evidenced by those two guys. And Rodman and Artest in the NBA.

Pitchers wearing 50s is very common but less common among position players although you have Ichiro, Bernie Williams, among others. Randy Johnson's 51 is nothing unusual. Even 60s isnt that uncommon for pitchers, like Scot Shields, but it seems to be more often relievers. Once you get in the 60s 70s and 80s for position players, its almost always worn by long shots in spring training so it does look bad. But I agree with you that if you're wearing a high number, youre usually strange or a headcase (Albert Belle) or trying to make a statement it seems. I hate DeShawn Stevenson's 92 on the Mavs by the way.

...and I love the yellow A's jersey with the A on it.

With this yellow alt, all is right in the Oakland A's Kingdom. :P

I liked their most recent black hat, but the uniform just didn't fit at all. The A's would wear green socks, helmets (while wearing black hats in the field. One of my pet peeves is when a team doesn't match batting helmets with on-the-field caps, & this case was the worst by a mile), undershirts, elbow pads, & other stuff with the black jerseys, & man, that uniform was just a hodgepodge of awfulness. Good to see the A's harkening back to the Charlie O' days somewhat with this new alternate. Very nice, Oakland.

Archived