MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

The White Sox in green is part of their annual halfway to St. Patrick's Day promotion.

That's ACTUALLY retarded. Not an over exaggeration. That's literally mentally disabled.

I laughed, really hard.

I prefer the Arizona set currently. The other one was just too 90s. Maybe, if they went with this it would be a nice compromise

http://sportslogospot.blogspot.com/2011/05/mlb2-arizona-diamondbacks.html

but purple and teal is past it's time.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DBacks's 2001 "Throwbacks"

DBacks.jpg

those shouldn't still be their jerseys....the red and black was and still is a major upgrade

Fixed.

i beg to differ...but in my opinion is yea the new colors might "fit" arizona more but really the new scheme is horrible, the had history in those teal and purples and now their just a carbon copy of the astros.

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Did the D-Backs have the World Series patch on

No they did not. But they were also missing this patch from their arm:

kze3xw29qd61hpkrguwg7q9jh.gif

But all the announcers were wearing the regular home uniform from that set with the actual pinstriped sleeves, and they all had that patch on their arm. So I don't know what was up with that.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Seeing those Arizona throwbacks in action reminded me just how much I miss them. Yeah, so purple and teal evoke the 90's to some too much. But the scheme fit Arizona - having spent a good deal of my life living in a desert, I saw lots of Indian art and decor that was predominantly colors similar to those. Lots of variations of greens, blues, purples, maroons, etc. It just fit. Seeing those uniforms instantly make me think of the desert. This brick-sand-black scheme they have now just doesn't work for me. The weird, Arabic-looking script doesn't do many wonders, either. At the very least, black and copper (maybe a hint of powder blue or teal?) would have been a much better scheme to update to, as then it would still have that "desert feel" to it. I just honestly don't get that vibe from the current scheme.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I think the D-Backs look good purple and teal, but I can see why they switched.

It's not the color scheme I hate about the new uniforms. It definitely works....it's the style. The D-Backs looks like D-Bags. I say go back to the original style, but use the current colors. Also, purple is, in a way, a Phoenix color....Phoenix Suns have been using it all along. So, for awhile, you had two purple teams in the same city. I really have no problem when multiple teams in one city use a common color scheme.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I think the D-Backs look good purple and teal, but I can see why they switched.

It's not the color scheme I hate about the new uniforms. It definitely works....it's the style. The D-Backs looks like D-Bags. I say go back to the original style, but use the current colors. Also, purple is, in a way, a Phoenix color....Phoenix Suns have been using it all along. So, for awhile, you had two purple teams in the same city. I really have no problem when multiple teams in one city use a common color scheme.

The Phoenix Coyotes too, to an extent.

Closest day to Halfway To St. Patrick's Day

Whichever intern was responsible for doing the math -- they should be fired as the promotion is six (counting from 3/17/11) or eight (counting back from 3/17/12) days early.

And while the Sox aren't in town for the actual Halfway Day, they are at home the night before.

They have been doing this promotion around September 7-10 for the past few years. Makes ZERO sense to me as to why they do this at that time but it shoujld seriously be on September 17th. A ROAD version of this would look horrible, IMO.

Does any team have a vest anymore? Some definitely should.

I thinking the angels may, but I could be wrong.

funny i was just thinking that a few days ago. if the angels still have them that means that they and the rockies are the only teams with them, and just think a few short years ago a ton of teams had a vest

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Did the D-Backs have the World Series patch on

No they did not. But they were also missing this patch from their arm:

kze3xw29qd61hpkrguwg7q9jh.gif

But all the announcers were wearing the regular home uniform from that set with the actual pinstriped sleeves, and they all had that patch on their arm. So I don't know what was up with that.

Not sure, I worked in the team shop from 2000 till 2001 (side job) and I own a couple of "game issued" purple and black undershirts for the vested uniforms. The material is very thin and the patches very heavy (I have a full roady with both the Dbacks and 2001 Patches and the sleeves are a bit heavy). in 2004 (I think) the did ditch the patches on the undershirts of both home and road uniforms. I did see they had the US flag on the back collar, but not on the hat. Still a very respectable copy

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Seeing those Arizona throwbacks in action reminded me just how much I miss them. Yeah, so purple and teal evoke the 90's to some too much. But the scheme fit Arizona - having spent a good deal of my life living in a desert, I saw lots of Indian art and decor that was predominantly colors similar to those. Lots of variations of greens, blues, purples, maroons, etc. It just fit. Seeing those uniforms instantly make me think of the desert. This brick-sand-black scheme they have now just doesn't work for me. The weird, Arabic-looking script doesn't do many wonders, either. At the very least, black and copper (maybe a hint of powder blue or teal?) would have been a much better scheme to update to, as then it would still have that "desert feel" to it. I just honestly don't get that vibe from the current scheme.

Just to keep it all in perspective:

Current colors:

ArizonaDiamondbacks_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

Former colors:

ArizonaDiamondbacks_FRC_2006_SCC_SRGB.png

Technically, the D-Backs called the color you all are calling Teal - "Arizona Turquoise". I believe the inclusion of it was to represent the mineral that is prevalent in the area (ironically, this color is the same shade as Miami Dolphins Aqua). Same with Copper. Purple was a common Southwestern color as well...in my opinion, these colors represented the region well. However, I also believe that the current color scheme does that too.

Really?

I've been to Arizona a few times and think that the colors they have now work better. If they really wanted to represent that region a little better I could see them adding some sort of teal or green accent to the current set, but nothing more than that. You are absolutely correct about the variations of colors present in the Native American art of that region but lets be honest, purple and teal on their own are just a terrible look IMO. Way too 90's for my liking.

The White Sox in green is part of their annual halfway to St. Patrick's Day promotion.

That's ACTUALLY retarded. Not an over exaggeration. That's literally mentally disabled.

I really don't think it's that bad. There is (or was) a huge Irish population on the South Side and it's only 1 game out of 162.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived