MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the mothership, the Dbacks primary logo is 2008-2011. Anyone know anything about Arizona's changes?

All the current jerseys and scripts are listed as 2008-present, though...

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

According to the mothership, the Dbacks primary logo is 2008-2011. Anyone know anything about Arizona's changes?

I saw that.. My guess would be a change only to the primary logo. Maybe the snake-D gets upgraded to primary?

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I saw that.. My guess would be a change only to the primary logo. Maybe the snake-D gets upgraded to primary?

The snake head is 2008-present as well. My guess would be a tweak like the 2007 to 2008 change. Probably just getting rid of the words at the bottom and/or replacing it with "D-BACKS".

Are MLB franchises allowed to use nicknames in their primary logo? I was under the impression that, like the NBA, the official primary logo had to have the full name of the team.

I don't know the rules but I have to assume this is not the case. The Toronto Blue Jays primary just says "Jays".

I wish that was an MLB rule, if it would have prevented the "Jays," but as Windstorm pointed out, it's not an MLB rule.

Not to mention the A's, and clubs like Detroit and Boston that don't use any names in their primary logo at all (heck, the Red Sox don't even have any letters in their primary logo).

Are MLB franchises allowed to use nicknames in their primary logo? I was under the impression that, like the NBA, the official primary logo had to have the full name of the team.

What about the Knicks' primary? Their official name is still Knickerbockers.

They probably got a leage-approved exception... Imagine if the NBA actually made their logo say Knickerbockers!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Just a heads-up for everyone: logos with dates ending in 2011 doesn't necessarily mean that they are going away completely. Teams often shuffle and/or make minor changes to their logos and uniforms, and this year is no exception.

There will be five teams with new primary logos in 2012, but 3 of those 5 will be alterations of their current logo. You are now free to continue.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Just a heads-up for everyone: logos with dates ending in 2011 doesn't necessarily mean that they are going away completely. Teams often shuffle and/or make minor changes to their logos and uniforms, and this year is no exception.

There will be five teams with new primary logos in 2012, but 3 of those 5 will be alterations of their current logo. You are now free to continue.

Obviously we are all aware that Florida (Miami) and Toronto are getting completely new primaries, but what teams are just updating their current logos other than the Dodgers?

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Obviously we are all aware that Florida (Miami) and Toronto are getting completely new primaries, but what teams are just updating their current logos other than the Dodgers?

Would a change to the Dodgers even qualify as a primary. I'd imagine any changes to their logos would be so insignificant as to almost not count as a change (since they're like the Yankees as being one of the "untouchables." I'd assume one of the other changes will be the Padres, since the "primary" listed on the site (the "home plate" logo with word mark) was not their primary in 2011 anyway. The team used the simple blue and white "SD" as their primary in 2011 and probably would continue to do so going forward if the rumors about the team's colors next year are true (ie: simply dropping sand completely).

Would a change to the Dodgers even qualify as a primary. I'd imagine any changes to their logos would be so insignificant as to almost not count as a change (since they're like the Yankees as being one of the "untouchables."

Any change at all still counts.

Athough pretty small, you can still pick out the changes-

LA-Dodgers-compare.gif

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Would a change to the Dodgers even qualify as a primary. I'd imagine any changes to their logos would be so insignificant as to almost not count as a change (since they're like the Yankees as being one of the "untouchables."

Any change at all still counts.

Athough pretty small, you can still pick out the changes-

LA-Dodgers-compare.gif

Pretty much what I expected. So minor that outside this site almost no one will notice.

Arizona. According to the site, that's it.

I'll throw San Diego out there as a guess...

I'll throw San Diego out there as a guess...

If I were a betting man, which I am, I'd bet the "change" to the Padres will be to officially designate the 2011 "alternate" logo, which was just the SD on blue, as the primary since that's what they've been using as their defacto primary since 2011 started.

Archived