MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

This is another one for the 2012 file. Now I have absolutely no inside information -- this is merely a fearless prediction. I predict that when the Marlins move into their new ballpark and change their name to the Miami Marlins, the Marlins will wear "MIAMI" on all their jerseys -- home, away and alt (if applicable) -- for that first season to promote their new name and will restore "MARLINS" on their home jerseys for 2013.

If this rings true, you heard it here first. :)

Well most of what you have said is already fact. They already announced that in 2012 they'll be re-branded as the 'Miami Marlins' as part of their agreement with Miami-Dade in getting their new stadium. They already dropped 'Florida' from their jerseys last year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5218452959_22332b4209_o.png

Per uniwatch: Sports Business Journal just ran a photo that included a small glimpse at one of next year?s BP jerseys. Just one problem: That is not what the Braves? BP jersey will look like. It is, however, very similar to what some other teams will be wearing

The top part looks hideous.

I saw the new template online somewhere, for sale as blanks for team uniforms. Majestic has really taken the panels to a whole new level. And that isn't meant as a compliment.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

5218452959_22332b4209_o.png

Per uniwatch: Sports Business Journal just ran a photo that included a small glimpse at one of next year?s BP jerseys. Just one problem: That is not what the Braves? BP jersey will look like. It is, however, very similar to what some other teams will be wearing

The top part looks hideous.

Reminds me of the old Nike soccer jerseys:

NIK_40141_A_back_big.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I don't feel like the Phillies' identity is very versatile. There aren't really many directions you can go with it, as you can see by the clunky (fashion?) alternate up there. With red as your only color of consequence and a script that doesn't lend itself to palette switching, what can you really do but keep pasting your same old unwieldy Phillies script on assorted jerseys? I wish they'd go back to maroon/burgundy/mulberry/dark red/whatever and come up with some tweaks, but back-to-back pennants and a world championship have probably cemented this set forever.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The white of that patch on the red background is really unnecessary and atrocious. God, fix that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The white of that patch on the red background is really unnecessary and atrocious. God, fix that.

The Phils actually have their chain-stitching done on the patch and the patch is sewn onto the jersey. So on anything but a white jersey it is gonna look like a giant patch which is exactly what it is. The Cardinals and Astros chain-stitch as well but the logo is sewn directly onto the jersey. If the Phillies script would just be sewn onto the jersey like that, it might look a lot better.

Archived