MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's deffinately a fashion cap,why would they make the SD the same color as the hat.

No, that is the new alt cap. I have seen it elsewhere and it is labeled "Authentic Collection" which consists of only the MLB on-field caps: http://www.lids.com/...?dept=MLB&q=New Era&style=6498

I don't know this to be 100% true, but my guess is that it's part of the new "Desert Camouflage" identity. Which I do know for a fact is getting a makeover for 2011.

Wasn't there suppose to be an entire overhaul of the team identity this year?

Nah...they're fairly minor changes.

Given the radical color change to the cap, how can it be minor changes?

I think the cap looks pretty bad. Grey on grey?

I like it, but I'm hesitant to buy it and find out it's not an on field. I'll wait it out.

Any list I could find that has all of 2011's new caps....Or the New Era Poster they put out every year?

Also, anybody know which caps WONT be back next year?

Chris

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Here is a picture of the patch the Cubs will be wearing this season to honor Ron Santo.

Santo_Patch.png

Such a missed opportunity. The perfect design would have been a heart patch, considering that Ron Santo was known as someone who always wore his heart on his sleeve, so to speak. It's not bad, but it could have been better.

330zl3b.png

I like it, but I'm hesitant to buy it and find out it's not an on field. I'll wait it out.

Any list I could find that has all of 2011's new caps....Or the New Era Poster they put out every year?

Also, anybody know which caps WONT be back next year?

Chris

I am not sure. I do work in a sporting goods store where we usually sell a bunch of different MLB hats, but I have not seen the poster in my store since 2008. I am hoping that it still exists so I can snag one up.

And hopefully the Stars and Stripes caps this year are better than last year. BAD execution by going with white hats.

And hopefully the Stars and Stripes caps this year are better than last year. BAD execution by going with white hats.

I would be okay with them not returning at all, but if they have to come back ("We're being patriotic!"), they should just stick the red, white and blue logo on the regular cap. I remember seeing a mockup of that concept somewhere around these boards that included the Athletics.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Three years ago I saw an MLB caps poster in a sporting goods store, made by outdoorcap.com. It showed all the MLB caps in use for the upcoming year as well as select MiLB caps. It's not a New Era poster but and MLB/MiLB poster, for whatever that's worth. I got on their website and requested a poster. I've received one each year since, and am awaiting my 2011 model. Give that a try. I've certainly enjoyed it.

Three years ago I saw an MLB caps poster in a sporting goods store, made by outdoorcap.com. It showed all the MLB caps in use for the upcoming year as well as select MiLB caps. It's not a New Era poster but and MLB/MiLB poster, for whatever that's worth. I got on their website and requested a poster. I've received one each year since, and am awaiting my 2011 model. Give that a try. I've certainly enjoyed it.

Cool, where do I request to get a poster? That's awesome of them to offer something like that. I checked on their site and I didn't see a link or anything.

Thanks,

Chris

I would be okay with them not returning at all, but if they have to come back ("We're being patriotic!"), they should just stick the red, white and blue logo on the regular cap. I remember seeing a mockup of that concept somewhere around these boards that included the Athletics.

I actually liked the white crown on the S & S caps, but I agree with Matito. The regular caps with the flag logos/letters would make the most sense. They'd match, and I think they'd sell better. Tons of S & S caps are still shelf-warming in Lids everywhere!

Cool, where do I request to get a poster? That's awesome of them to offer something like that. I checked on their site and I didn't see a link or anything.

Thanks,

Chris

The same comes from me.

I wish the Padres would adopt a green/light blue color scheme, similar to what Tulane has. It'd be unique but not boring, and it'd give the team an excuse to wear that gorgeous hat full-time.

I believe that hat is fake. Here's their mets hat. The orange looks off, and the logo is too big.

METS%20HOME.jpg

Has the new Nationals wordmark and ballcap made this thread yet?

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/there_is_a_new_w_in_town.php

washington_nats_w.gif

washington_nats_wordmark.gif

The Nats were briefly mentioned early on in this thread. However, there was a whole other thread dedicated to their changes: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=76355&st=0

Such a missed opportunity. The perfect design would have been a heart patch, considering that Ron Santo was known as someone who always wore his heart on his sleeve, so to speak. It's not bad, but it could have been better.

I was thinking a white 10 in a silhouette of the old 1960s Cub patch, but your idea was creative, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived