MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three years ago I saw an MLB caps poster in a sporting goods store, made by outdoorcap.com. It showed all the MLB caps in use for the upcoming year as well as select MiLB caps. It's not a New Era poster but and MLB/MiLB poster, for whatever that's worth. I got on their website and requested a poster. I've received one each year since, and am awaiting my 2011 model. Give that a try. I've certainly enjoyed it.

Cool, where do I request to get a poster? That's awesome of them to offer something like that. I checked on their site and I didn't see a link or anything.

Thanks,

Chris

I just remember emailing a general address on their site, mentioning that I was an art teacher who had many students that liked to draw sports logos, as well as a baseball coach. I asked if I could have a poster or two, and bingo. On their current site, they have a couple of email addresses under "Contact." Maybe try sales@outdoorcap.com. That's one of them.

Three years ago I saw an MLB caps poster in a sporting goods store, made by outdoorcap.com. It showed all the MLB caps in use for the upcoming year as well as select MiLB caps. It's not a New Era poster but and MLB/MiLB poster, for whatever that's worth. I got on their website and requested a poster. I've received one each year since, and am awaiting my 2011 model. Give that a try. I've certainly enjoyed it.

Cool, where do I request to get a poster? That's awesome of them to offer something like that. I checked on their site and I didn't see a link or anything.

Thanks,

Chris

I just remember emailing a general address on their site, mentioning that I was an art teacher who had many students that liked to draw sports logos, as well as a baseball coach. I asked if I could have a poster or two, and bingo. On their current site, they have a couple of email addresses under "Contact." Maybe try sales@outdoorcap.com. That's one of them.

Art, can you post snapshots of the poster once you receive the 2011 version?

The holograms enhance performance along the waistline.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

You have got to be kidding me...

SAN%20DIEGO%20PADRES%20alternate.jpg?

http://playoffsport....dd0f95e41617a39

I wish the Padres would adopt a green/light blue color scheme, similar to what Tulane has. It'd be unique but not boring, and it'd give the team an excuse to wear that gorgeous hat full-time.

I believe that hat is fake.

Definitely fake on the San Diego cap.

It's not the current 'SD' logo, nor is it the former...

Check the serifs. The former cap had a very similar font, but had serifs on the 'D'. The cap above has no serifs on the 'D', but serifs on the 'S'.

Not to mention the spacing is way off.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The holograms enhance performance along the waistline.

+1.

This.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Does anyone have (bigger/cleaner than whats on the MLB and team homepages) the new MLB Spring Training Logos? Specifically looking for the Grapefruit League for 2011.

Thanks in advance

I've got 'em. I'll post some later.

Howdy, kinda new here, but anyway, on the Texas Rangers' home site, there's a poll asking "Would you like to see "Rangers" on the front of the players' jerseys?", talking about their cursive '84-'93 script.

This, along with new ownership that includes Nolan Ryan, might be a sign of new throwbacks or maybe new home jerseys.

BP and jackets only, I believe.

Of course, using the '80s script would only serve to muck the identity up even more - par for the course for the Rangers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The bp jerseys had 'Rangers' cursive script for a few years until they changed to 'TEXAS' in '08 I believe. The jackets are the only thing with the Dodger style script now. I would have to see what they're thinking for the jerseys before I make a decision. I like the 'TEXAS' home, but I know quite a few people do not.

Personally, I love it. If anyone has the temerity to suggest that we New Yorkers are overly fascinated with ourselves, I just wave a hand in the direction of our Texan cousins. :P

<-Yee-haw!

And the non-cursive Rangers script never really appealed much to me, it just looks too.. cheap. Maybe if they made it thinner like the Texas script they have now..

Don't think this has been posted yet. Officially released on the Indians site:

L-R: Road Alt, Home Alt, Road, Home

TbhGo3R5.jpg

I really love the new road uniform, cap and all. The red cap doesn't seem to work as well.

And what a wasted opportunity. That script mark is beautiful, it just has one too many outlines. This would have been the perfect opportunity to remove one.

I agree.

Jacobs should have left the Indians Script Logo alone. It looked much better when it was two colors.

Here is what I would like to see.

Two Color Indians Script Logo (Red bordered in Navy Blue.) on a plain cream colored jersey with red trim on the collar and sleeves. Have the Navy Cap with the Red Block C with it.

Two Color Indians Script Logo (Red bordered in White.) on a plain Navy Blue Jersey with Red-Bordered-in-White trim on the Collar and Sleeves. Use the All Navy Cap with Chief Wahoo.

The New Road Uni would Have the all Navy Blue Cap but instead of the Red Block C, It's a GRAY Block C on it.

Navy Blue Undershirts.

Navy Blue Socks.

But that's me.

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

I stopped by Lids today and saw the new Padres alt cap. Sort of a light brown in color. Would like to see it matched with the new ensemble. They had it listed as "Alt 2" on the tags, I wonder if they are keeping the green caps too (Lids had that one for sale too).

Just went to the mall and visited Lids. They were showing a few hats that I believe were marked as "Authentic" and seemed new to me:

A black Reds hat with a red brim / red C.

All black A's hat with green lettering.

San Diego seemed to have 2 blue hats (one with true white SD interlocking, and a similar shade blue hat with a more metallic / silver / peweter-looking color) as well as a green and something the clerk referred to as "moss."

Are these going to be used? They were still showing a disgusting O's hat and the old M Twins one...as well as the Milwaukee and Toronto throwback ones. Not sure if they'll be phased out and are still being sold. The Toronto one I believe was marked down...

If I'm telling you stuff you already know, I apologize !

PS Oh yes...didn't see a teal Mariners one. Just the traditional one.

Archived