MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BP jersey pics from Jersey Central are the same ones from the Athlon Baseball Preview. They're just a lot smaller in the mag.

Good find.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Upon further examination of the Athlon images, one team will DEFINITELY stand out: Pittsburgh's new BP's are bright yellow with black side vents. The "P" is on the left chest.

And Cleveland's BP will have the Chief Wahoo patch. It doesn't look like anyone else has a patch.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I like the bird head of the J-bird logo and wished they would feature it by itself more than they do. I wish the bird head was the center piece of a total overhaul using blue and silver with black as an accent.

Also, I cannot stand the new Reds script. It reminds me of my little league jersey I wore when I was 10, playing for the Knee-Hi Reds in 1992. Its just lame for a big league team, even as a re-hash of the 1936 unis.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I like the Reds script as a rarely-used part of the package. It should never appear on a home, road, or third, but there's little harm in having it on BP/STs or the occasional jacket or something. I wish the Tigers would use their script more often (but again, not TOO often).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived