MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iamthedorf, want to drop any hints about the Indians?

Are they finally going to pick one shade of navy blue for all their hats? Is Chief Wahoo going to get turfed? Is the Tribe going to take a page from their next-door neighbors and create a hideous "IndianFanatic" jersey?

Are they finally going to pick one shade of navy blue for all their hats? Is Chief Wahoo going to get turfed? Is the Tribe going to take a page from their next-door neighbors and create a hideous "IndianFanatic" jersey?

Aren't all their navy blue hats the same color? Chief Wahoo isn't going away, but the script I hat is. Look for some positive changes to the uniform set.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Aren't all their navy blue hats the same color? Chief Wahoo isn't going away, but the script I hat is. Look for some positive changes to the uniform set.

No, the hats are not the same shade of navy, and it's infuriating. (WARNING: Long-winded, slightly neurotic diatribe ahead)

Their home, road and Script I hats all use the shade of navy blue also used by Brewers, Padres, etc.

The Block C home alternate hat uses the darker navy also used by the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, etc.

Here's what really bothers me: Until 2003, every hat they wore was the darker navy. Even in 2002, when they updated their uniforms to add silver and the home vest alternates, the hats all stayed dark navy. But in 2003, Wahoo magically shrank and the 3 hats in use at the time all went to the lighter navy. They updated the unis again in 2008 and added the dark Block C hat but left the others light navy.

Two other things that make it even worse: 1. Through all the changes, their batting helmets have remained dark navy, creating a mismatch between their hats and helmets most days (notice that the Brewers' and Padres' helmets match their hats). 2. They've done a couple throwback days the past couple years with uniforms from the 1980s. The hats they wore in the '80s were dark navy, but on the throwback uniforms, they make them the light navy. And it's not even like they just wore their current hats and figured no one would notice - the throwback hats have the bigger Wahoo.

It's like they're making a concentrated effort to pretend they've been wearing the lighter navy for decades when that very clearly hasn't been the case.

Any chance you can give me some hints on what Toronto is doing?

The Jays will be ditching the one thing that most people like about their 2010 look. That's all I'm going to say for now.

Since the Twins just made changes, my guess for them would be:

1. Officially ditch the sleeveless jersey (not even sure why the updated this with wordmark).

2. Officially ditching the M hat (thought Mauer wanted to use it still?).

3. Probably not keeping the 1961 throwbacks (mistake-they rock).

4. Removing the 50th Anniversary and Inaugural Season patches.

Am I close? :)

You're 50% correct with your predictions.

Ah yes, I love this game. I'll take the ones in bold as the two correct ones.

1. Officially ditch the sleeveless jersey (not even sure why the updated this with wordmark).

Winner-winner-chicken-dinner?

The Jays will be ditching the one thing that most people like about their 2010 look. That's all I'm going to say for now.

What was good about their 2010 look. This is going to be tough...

4kv29i.jpg

Yep-I agree on those if I was 50% right. However what is the point of keeping the sleeveless and M hat since they were never worn in 2010!?

I think most people like their current roads...

6fQjS3M.png

And now I'm gonna make my predictions on the aforementioned changes.

Chicago White Sox - Throwback

Cincinnati Reds - Black Alt (hope I'm wrong though)

Cleveland Indians - Ditching the current set for a throwback-centered set

LA Angels - Gold Halos

Minnesota Twins - Ditching sleeveless vest

Oakland Athletics - Getting gold alternate, ditching black one

Pittsburgh Pirates - Ditching the sleeveless vest

San Diego Padres - Brown and yellow (*sigh*)

San Francisco Giants - Black Road Alt

Seattle Mariners - Teal Alt

Toronto Blue Jays - Ditching the road jersey (I guess...)

Washington Nationals - Red hat on the road

6fQjS3M.png

I think it is elimination of the throwback

I'm disappointed the Orioles won't be adding an orange alt. I've always wanted to see them add one. I just hope they don't run the BP jerseys out there on T-Shirt Tuesdays next season, there really will be no excuse next season.

Any chance the White Sox switch bring this logo back in some way. I know it would make many people here happy:

c2vhdvooe4c1i8j6930y0s9go.gif

the baby blue Throwbacks

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

the baby blue Throwbacks

They should get rid of their black jersey, rebrand the home white and bring out a new blue alternate.

Regarding the Mets can someone confirm or deny a 50th anniversary sleeve patch? There's some inconsistency in their past regarding anniversaries because they celebrated their 25th Anniversary with a patch in 1986 which was their 25th season (and would be consistent with celebrating the 50th in 2011) but celebrated their 40th Anniversary with a sleeve patch in 2002 which was although 40 years from the franchise's birth in 1962 was their 41st season.

mets.png

I can't believe the Mets aren't making changes. You'd think this was the perfect time to do an overhaul.

What happened with the rumors that they were dropping the placket-piping on the all-whites? I thought that would've been an upgrade.

Really? I'm going to have to fix that information. Over at Wikipedia everyone's been under the impression that those are the three teams. I'll have to add in all this information. And pics of the Tigers alt, or sources on the Expos and Cardinals one-offs?

It's all in Henderson's guide. I personally feel bad about taking screengrabs from it and posting them online (since he sells the guide), so I won't. But the MDA Cards one-offs are listed in his guide along with the Negro League throwbacks, the other various throwbacks, and the Civil Rights Game jersey as one-offs, not as an alt.

I think that Lukas did a post on the Tigers' navy alt a sometime in the last 18 months, and he had a few pics. It's in Henderson's guide as well.

Henderson also has no instance on the Expos wearing an alt. I seem to remember seeing them wearing the BP's at some point, but it could have been spring training. I'm not an expert on the Expos.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Nope. Your "bold" predictions are also 50% correct.

And now I'm gonna make my predictions on the aforementioned changes.

Chicago White Sox - Throwback

Cincinnati Reds - Black Alt (hope I'm wrong though)

Cleveland Indians - Ditching the current set for a throwback-centered set

LA Angels - Gold Halos

Minnesota Twins - Ditching sleeveless vest

Oakland Athletics - Getting gold alternate, ditching black one

Pittsburgh Pirates - Ditching the sleeveless vest

San Diego Padres - Brown and yellow (*sigh*)

San Francisco Giants - Black Road Alt

Seattle Mariners - Teal Alt

Toronto Blue Jays - Ditching the road jersey (I guess...)

Washington Nationals - Red hat on the road

I'll give you 5.5 out of the your 12 guesses.

Archived