MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With this yellow alt, all is right in the Oakland A's Kingdom. :P

I liked their most recent black hat, but the uniform just didn't fit at all. The A's would wear green socks, helmets (while wearing black hats in the field. One of my pet peeves is when a team doesn't match batting helmets with on-the-field caps, & this case was the worst by a mile), undershirts, elbow pads, & other stuff with the black jerseys, & man, that uniform was just a hodgepodge of awfulness. Good to see the A's harkening back to the Charlie O' days somewhat with this new alternate. Very nice, Oakland.

A's wore black helmets and black socks with their black jerseys though. As a season ticket holder. I'm glad there gone and I don't have to see them anymore.

They even stopped wearing there road batting helmet because they only could carry two helmets on the road. So they had black ones and green with yellow bill ones when on the road. Which I never got since the black jersey was a home alt.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

First time since 1984 that "A's" is on the uniform. The style is similar to a home alt that Rickey Henderson wore before being traded to New York, only in white. 165116_500296011031_693636031_6464797_5660813_n.jpg

This is what I was talking about. They should really have a look similar to (if not exactly like) this. I'd even go as far as to say to drop the 's

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

88 works on the A's because it will also be the daily attendance.

OMG, an attendance joke that doesn't include the Marlins.

A's jokes are kept to a minimum because the A's actually have a long proud history, and frankly unlike the Marlins whose woes are just laughable (triple digits for a game) but also temporary, there's no end in sight for the A's suffering.

For the CoolBase/doubleknit nerds out there (and I know there's a lot of you), it looks like the ones being worn today are of the doubleknit variety...

25d620b5232fd396a5bae58f584f8c63_full.jpg

The A's are one of those teams that has a mix of both types of jerseys in everyday use. I hope they sell this one in both.

It looks a lot better, and less glaring, on the players than on the hanger. I'm sure it'll be bright though when they wear them out in the sun.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Interestingly, the A's haven't worn yellow since 1986. So the A's NEW yellow alternates will somehow harken back memories of the Swingin' A's of the 1970s.

Now if only the Pittsburgh Pirates can bring back the yellow jerseys themselves.

Someone on one of these threads (maybe this one) said that the Pirates were going to have yellow BP jerseys. So maybe that's a sign of things to come.

That was me. It's in the Athlon Baseball Preview magazine. One version of every team's new BP jersey is featured with the profile. Pittsburgh's yellow BP's are bright yellow.

The images in the magazine match the ones that have been posted in this forum (the Majestic FB releases) and Athlon's preview issue looked like a giant Majestic ad, so I'm guessing it's legit.

The big ad on the back page said the new BP's go live in Spring Training for everyone.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The A's new jersey looks gorgeous... I love the double colors on the piping, the white looks sharp.... but, I wish the white outline on the "A's" was the same thickness as the white piping on the collar and sleeves.

Archived