MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

Tell the players to piss up a rope. The Rockies should be wearing and always should've been wearing purple hats. Maybe it needs to be a darker, dustier purple, but please no more black hats.

If they wear the purple-brimmed hats with the purple jerseys, I'm okay with it. It'd automatically become their best set, since everything else they wear is either an abomination or the White Sox.

And if anything, I'd say the purple needs to be brightened, at least on the jerseys. I bought one, and when I saw it in person, it looked downright dreary, which I didn't think was possible for purple. Sold it in short order. Switching to white or silver lettering and numbering would probably help quite a bit, too.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the silver halo suddenly looks so washed out. I would love for them to keep the yellow/gold halo full time, it looks great.

In these pics, the gold almost blends into the red. The silver stands out much more.

i completely disagree. looking at that juxtaposition, the gold is a huge upgrade IMO.

sig2024.png

They shouldn't have switched in the first place. That uniform set was underwhelming, but at least they had potential with the colors. The current uniform set is ridiculous. How they took the exact colors of another team with unique colors and said "mine" is ridiculous. At least purple and turquoise was theirs.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Saw a billboard for the new Salt River Stadium at Talking Stick in Arizona, what I noticed was a Spring Training Logo for the Colorado Rockies. Same logo but with a desert background, i'll see if I can get a picture of it.

From what I've seen around PNC Park and at Piratefest, it seems like both the use of red and the Pirate-head logo are continuing to thankfully be phased out almost to the point of extinction.

Wonderful. The way the Pirates went about using red made me cringe. Besides, black and gold is a beautiful color scheme.

I say "bring the original colors back to the D-Backs".

Me too. They had a unique identity that they won in, and threw it away to be bland and boring.

At least they're bringing it back this year, if only for a day. Maybe once the fans and players see the old getup, they'll scream for it to return, kinda like what happened with the Mariners and their TBTC teal jerseys. ^___^

I'm not holding my breath or anything. Just having a pleasant daydream. :love:

I say "bring the original colors back to the D-Backs".

I say dont. Their new new look is much cleaner and not all over the place like the previous. When the the Astros finally come to their senses and return to navy and orange all will be right.

They shouldn't have switched in the first place. That uniform set was underwhelming, but at least they had potential with the colors. The current uniform set is ridiculous. How they took the exact colors of another team with unique colors and said "mine" is ridiculous. At least purple and turquoise was theirs.

I agree. I hated that they changed because they changed to another team's colors and their original colors were original and worked. They went from a uniform I enjoyed watching them play games, to a uniform, I tend to not watch their games even if it's against the Dodgers who are my team. I just check the box score. I would be up for traveling to Phoenix just to see those uniforms in person.

pMLB2-8945639dt.jpg

Well this isn't what I expected. After actually seeing the cap I have completely changed my mind about how I feel about the gold. Instead of giving it more pop like I thought it would, it just makes the whole thing look completely washed out. The silver halo is MUCH better.

And why is the halo in the logo on the patch silver? It looks really inconsistant.

Actually, it does pop really well when you see the cap in person. The lighting of the picture along with the white background are really making the gold wash out. I saw one in person and it is far superior to the silver halo.

I agree.

In natural sunlight, it looks spectacular.

I posted these pictures a little while back for comparison. But these are inside my apartment at ASU, so the light might not be ideal. When I get back to school on Sunday, I'll try to get some pictures in the sunlight.

Silver.jpgGold.jpgSilverGold.jpg

Just a thought...but does anybody else think it might be cool to make the silver/gold halo a home/away kind of thing? I think it would be cool and it would just be a subtle change instead of having a completely different cap like some other MLB teams do.

pMLB2-8945639dt.jpg

Well this isn't what I expected. After actually seeing the cap I have completely changed my mind about how I feel about the gold. Instead of giving it more pop like I thought it would, it just makes the whole thing look completely washed out. The silver halo is MUCH better.

And why is the halo in the logo on the patch silver? It looks really inconsistant.

Actually, it does pop really well when you see the cap in person. The lighting of the picture along with the white background are really making the gold wash out. I saw one in person and it is far superior to the silver halo.

I agree.

In natural sunlight, it looks spectacular.

I posted these pictures a little while back for comparison. But these are inside my apartment at ASU, so the light might not be ideal. When I get back to school on Sunday, I'll try to get some pictures in the sunlight.

Silver.jpgGold.jpgSilverGold.jpg

Just a thought...but does anybody else think it might be cool to make the silver/gold halo a home/away kind of thing? I think it would be cool and it would just be a subtle change instead of having a completely different cap like some other MLB teams do.

Yeah, it'd be right up there with the Pirates alternate cap.

Much like Anaheim's hockey counterparts did for several seasons... green triangle at home, grey triangle on the road

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Tell the players to piss up a rope. The Rockies should be wearing and always should've been wearing purple hats. Maybe it needs to be a darker, dustier purple, but please no more black hats.

If they wear the purple-brimmed hats with the purple jerseys, I'm okay with it. It'd automatically become their best set, since everything else they wear is either an abomination or the White Sox.

And if anything, I'd say the purple needs to be brightened, at least on the jerseys. I bought one, and when I saw it in person, it looked downright dreary, which I didn't think was possible for purple. Sold it in short order. Switching to white or silver lettering and numbering would probably help quite a bit, too.

This is what the rockies should do, remove the white vest jersey , Make the font and pinstripes purple on the home jerseys with a purple hat, road with purple socks and hats, and the purple alts with black purple hats, if you do keep the black vests use purple font and socks.

Much like Anaheim's hockey counterparts did for several seasons... green triangle at home, grey triangle on the road

Exactly, I was always a huge fan of that, just something small but distinguishable.

I think that small modifications actually hurt the brand more than large differences do. You want to establish a single primary identifying mark - one that's used in a consistent manner everywhere. Unless there's a major reason to change it (such as the Leafs having to invert theirs for their blue sweaters) you shouldn't. Coming up with an entirely different design for an alt can actually enhance the identity, but logos like the Pirates alt. just dilutes it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think that small modifications actually hurt the brand more than large differences do. You want to establish a single primary identifying mark - one that's used in a consistent manner everywhere. Unless there's a major reason to change it (such as the Leafs having to invert theirs for their blue sweaters) you shouldn't. Coming up with an entirely different design for an alt can actually enhance the identity, but logos like the Pirates alt. just dilutes it.

I kinda see where your coming from...but idk, whenever a baseball fan sees a large "A" with a Halo on it they'll know the brand, i don't think just changing the halo color on a road cap would hurt their brand at all, but thats just the way i look at it, i was always a big fan of the yellow halo from their past sets.

I kinda see where your coming from...but idk, whenever a baseball fan sees a large "A" with a Halo on it they'll know the brand, i don't think just changing the halo color on a road cap would hurt their brand at all, but thats just the way i look at it, i was always a big fan of the yellow halo from their past sets.

Actually it has nothing to do with diluting the brand, but rather that the change is so small and pointless.

About freaking time.... the authentic teal jersey is finally on the MLB Shop. (dance)

pMLB2-9056623dt.jpg

Love the color but wish the lettering would be white not silver and only be used at home with white pants (never with grey). Silver on teal is just a bit bland.

Teal billed cap is a must of course.

Will they be using the Teal billed cap for sure? I hope so, rockin the teal with the navy bill is too much teal. Here they are for comparison... (Although the teal used in these hats looks much lighter than the teal in the jersey pictured)

Teal on Navy

Navy on Teal

90758391980.gif

Archived