MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

About freaking time.... the authentic teal jersey is finally on the MLB Shop. (dance)

pMLB2-9056623dt.jpg

Love the color but wish the lettering would be white not silver and only be used at home with white pants (never with grey). Silver on teal is just a bit bland.

Teal billed cap is a must of course.

Will they be using the Teal billed cap for sure? I hope so, rockin the teal with the navy bill is too much teal. Here they are for comparison... (Although the teal used in these hats looks much lighter than the teal in the jersey pictured)

Teal on Navy

Navy on Teal

They are just wearing their regular all navy hats.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure why New Era screwed up the teal on those Mariners "Coop" hats at Lids. When I saw them on the website, I thought maybe it was just the lighting or a bad picture. But I went to a store last night, pulled one of the navy hats/teal brims, and thought to myself "This color is completely different than the brim of the M's hat I bought in 1993."

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm not sure why New Era screwed up the teal on those Mariners "Coop" hats at Lids. When I saw them on the website, I thought maybe it was just the lighting or a bad picture. But I went to a store last night, pulled one of the navy hats/teal brims, and thought to myself "This color is completely different than the brim of the M's hat I bought in 1993."

The "Coop" hats are glorified fashion versions of the throwback hats. Colors slightly off, logos just a wee bit too large, etc. And too many people in the general public get suckered by it. If I want a New Era Cooperstown Collection hat, I'm going to Mickey's Place and getting one. They've actually got the real ones, not the "Coop" versions.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I found this on another forum. It has every single MLB team on it.

NL

5443721964_798072f151_o.png

AL

5443119989_8de47a9508_o.png

Still love the fact that the Angels dont have side panels on those things, also, that picture doesnt include the gold halo which is on their batting practice jerseys as well. And ughh those Jays ones are horrendous

Im sure this has been discussed a few times before, but who exactly decides what panels is on each jersey? I'm pretty sure the Angels dont have the piping because Arte Moreno doesnt like it. But what about the teams that only have the side panels(Reds, Cubs, White Sox, etc), then some have the side panels and the sleeve panels(Milwaukee, Philly, etc), and it looks like the Red Sox are the only ones with only the sleeve panels, while some have all three; sleeve, side, and collar (Washington, Detroit, Cleveland)

'

Im sure this has been discussed a few times before, but who exactly decides what panels is on each jersey? I'm pretty sure the Angels dont have the piping because Arte Moreno doesnt like it. But what about the teams that only have the side panels(Reds, Cubs, White Sox, etc), then some have the side panels and the sleeve panels(Milwaukee, Philly, etc), and it looks like the Red Sox are the only ones with only the sleeve panels, while some have all three; sleeve, side, and collar (Washington, Detroit, Cleveland)

'

The teams decide.

'

The teams decide.

Thank you sir

The Astros and D-Backs look like clones more or less.

What's bad is that those graphics make them look like they use the exact same colors. They don't:

ArizonaDiamondbacks_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

HoustonAstros_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

...and in Textile terms:

ArizonaDiamondbacks_FRC_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

HoustonAstros_FRC_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

They SHOULD look a LITTLE different.

The Astros and D-Backs look like clones more or less.

What's bad is that those graphics make them look like they use the exact same colors. They don't:

ArizonaDiamondbacks_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

HoustonAstros_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

...and in Textile terms:

ArizonaDiamondbacks_FRC_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

HoustonAstros_FRC_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

They SHOULD look a LITTLE different.

Bingo. Close enough to make people think they're the same but not actually identical. The red alts both teams wear are ever so subtly different when held up side to side.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Teams having multiple batting practice jerseys are the most pointless thing ever. You want to exploit the bigger fanbases, that's one thing, but are Baltimore fans, or Toronto fans, REALLY going to be buying multiple BP jerseys?

For what it's worth, the Phillies have had blue road BP jerseys for several years now, and I have seen exactly zero people wearing them. Zero.

Of course I haven't seen too many people wearing the red BP either (used to be popular in the early '00s, but not since the materials changed and the piping / panels came in), but "not too many" > zero.

So yeah - road BPs are dumb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Teams having multiple batting practice jerseys are the most pointless thing ever. You want to exploit the bigger fanbases, that's one thing, but are Baltimore fans, or Toronto fans, REALLY going to be buying multiple BP jerseys?

For what it's worth, the Phillies have had blue road BP jerseys for several years now, and I have seen exactly zero people wearing them. Zero.

Of course I haven't seen too many people wearing the red BP either (used to be popular in the early '00s, but not since the materials changed and the piping / panels came in), but "not too many" > zero.

So yeah - road BPs are dumb.

I think my brother has a blue BP jersey, but I doubt he's ever worn it. I honestly kinda dig the blue jerseys...if only they didn't look stupid with the red shoes/socks.

Archived