MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

I know it has been mentioned before but I thought I'd compile all the information available and put it into one post. The LA A of A (or who I still refer to as the Anaheim Angels) have announced flashback fridays to commemorate their 50th year. I've put together all the dates and known uniforms to be worn, plus speculation of what will be worn. So here it goes.

Late 1980's as seen here

4/8 vs TOR

4/22 vs BOS

5/6 vs CLE

Inaugural 1961 uniform as seen here

5/20 vs ATL

6/3 vs NYY

6/10 vs KC

71 vs LA (I find it funny that they chose to wear the LA logo hat against the Dodgers)

Remaining dates are

7/8 vs SEA

8/5 vs SEA

8/19 vs BAL

9/2 vs MIN

9/9 vs NYY

9/23 vs OAK

here is what is speculated to be worn.

1970's era

and early (pre disney) 1990's era

They've worn both of those styles in the last few years as throwbacks, so it's not a stretch to think they'll get brought back. The 1970's is similar enough to the 80's uniforms that they could just go with the Disney set instead, but I haven't heard anyone say the Angels are that interested in bringing the Disneys back for the nostalgia.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not a uniform change or anything, but it has to with the Rockies purple uniforms. A series of tweets from a Rockies beat writer.

harding_at_mlb Thomas Harding

No purple caps, though. Players hated them.

8 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»

Thomas Harding

harding_at_mlb Thomas Harding

Rox still have ability to wear purple jerseys. Up to starting pitcher. Skip Tracy says he liked the look when he managed other teams.

8 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

So in the past few seasons when they did not wear purple was it still an option and no pitcher chose it or was it not available. Does this mean we can expect to see purple again? I would love that.

I'm pretty sure purple is always an option, but the pitchers don't choose it. Instead, most of the time, the pitchers choose black. In the Denver Post, Todd Helton said he has no idea why the pitchers choose black because it's indeed hotter than any other jersey they have.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't understand why teams let the pitchers decide on the jersey, especially since most starting pitchers these days can't get out of the 5th inning.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

eXagKOfg.jpg

Digging the Halos' new BP jerseys. That gold halo really needs to stay.

Darn, forgot how sharp their cap looks like with a blue crown.

I know that they want to be LA's red team and all, but the navy crown is so much better for showing off that cap logo.

I talk to my friend about this all the time, I agree that the blue crown with red bill looks really really sharp with the red batting practice jersey, I just dont see it looking that well with their all white home jerseys. I just dont think there's enough blue on those jerseys to make it look as nice as the red cap. On the other hand, I think if they would replace all the silver piping on their red jerseys with blue, then I think the blue cap would match perfectly with the alternate jerseys. I've always been a huge fan of their hat though so I'm a little against change, and i've also been clamoring for them to bring back the halo on the top of the hat so take my input with a grain of salt :P

As good as that may look, what you are describing is very, very similar to the braves sunday alternate set.

I really like how the cards wear their home hat with the road unis in spring training.

86005106.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5481DEC2C0EDEE3D8BD5DDB6CF991F9DB702CA20A78A6B877DC

The uniform is more red than blue and the red hat/helmet makes it better imo, thats not to say that I don't like the blue one though.

Anyway this got me thinking about teams that choose to wear their regular uniforms in spring training rather than the bp jersey. I know that the yankees, mets, cards, tigers, and probly some others that I am forgetting right now do it either all the time or some of the time. So does anyone know anything about this? Is it a traditional thing that these clubs have just done throughout the years for no other reason than that they want to do it? Could any team do it if they chose to?

The Yankees wear the pinstripes for their first home game of the Spring Training. Other than that, they wear their BP jerseys in ST games. Not sure what other clubs wear their regular uniforms in ST.

Personally, I like the look of it. I wouldn't mind the Yanks wearing the pinstripes for all or most of their home ST games, and then wearing the BP jersey for away ST games.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

The Tigers seem to wear their regular home/roads throughout the Spring -- although the roads are worn with the white logo cap/helmet (as you can see in the photo gallery section -- new feature! -- of this logo page: http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=g7vkokgfptk0jaipvhqip2obp)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The Orioles generally wear their regular uniforms during Grapefruit League home games and their BP jerseys on the road.

59776244.jpg

59753098.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Angels unveil their Flashback Friday uniforms (60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 02-Present):

183323_311654659983_15425909983_1261310_1997230_n.jpg

Also, based on this picture, and this mock-up the Angels posted on their Facebook, I don't know if the halo is on the "LA" hat.

180549_307418624983_15425909983_1248018_8161369_n.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

When I see the '90s Angels uniform next to the modern Angels uniform, I'm not as sure as I used to be that the latter is an improvement.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived