MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

Just for kicks, they should trot out the unused Disney set:

AnaheimAngels_USG_1995_SOL_SRGB.png

Slightly lighter Navy, horrendous sleeve stripes, and the pinstriped White cap.

Neat.

A blue, pinstriped, sleveless alternate jersey.

Holy. :censored:.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably worse. I don't think it was sleeveless, just plain blue sleeves connected to the pinstriped faux-vest.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Just for kicks, they should trot out the unused Disney set:

AnaheimAngels_USG_1995_SOL_SRGB.png

Slightly lighter Navy, horrendous sleeve stripes, and the pinstriped White cap.

Neat.

It's probably worse. I don't think it was sleeveless, just plain blue sleeves connected to the pinstriped faux-vest.

Oh Lord...

:puke:

Put it away! Put it away!

I guess it's an A+ for effort, right? :D

Like the colors and the font, but the logo seems a bit boring to me. Might need some sort of background for the letters, like the 2008 and 2009 logos did.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Speaking of throwbacks, on Friday July 1st, the Padres travel to Safeco where they and the Mariners will have a turn back the clock day.

The Mariners will sport their 1983 home whites complete with blue and yellow trident and star caps, while the Padres will be decked out in brown and yellow for the decade that was the eighties.

Is this like the year when all teams wear throwback uniforms for half their games? I would like to see the Mariners go with a button down version of the uniform they wore during the early 80's. By the way,I've noticed the Angels 2011 bp jersey on sale at the mlb shop has a silver halo, rather than the gold. Being a halo fan, I'm saving every dollar to buy their new 2011 home jerseys, eventhough they will probably be worn for this season only.

Is this like the year when all teams wear throwback uniforms for half their games? I would like to see the Mariners go with a button down version of the uniform they wore during the early 80's. By the way,I've noticed the Angels 2011 bp jersey on sale at the mlb shop has a silver halo, rather than the gold. Being a halo fan, I'm saving every dollar to buy their new 2011 home jerseys, eventhough they will probably be worn for this season only.

We're getting to the point where what the hell are throwbacks anymore? So many teams are using throwbacks as their current uniforms it's starting to dilute the whole throback idea?

Although as I finish typing that, I'm thinking maybe this isn't the case in baseball as alot of teams haven't done this. Hmm.

2ly2w09.jpg

Speaking of throwbacks, on Friday July 1st, the Padres travel to Safeco where they and the Mariners will have a turn back the clock day.

The Mariners will sport their 1983 home whites complete with blue and yellow trident and star caps, while the Padres will be decked out in brown and yellow for the decade that was the eighties.

Uh...the Padres wore these colors in the '80s:

SanDiegoPadres_FRC_1984_SOL_SRGB.png

SanDiegoPadres_FRC_1986_SOL_SRGB.png

SanDiegoPadres_FRC_1989_SOL_SRGB.png

The Brown and (Yellow) Gold era was from 1969 through 1979.

Archived