MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

Just for kicks, they should trot out the unused Disney set:

AnaheimAngels_USG_1995_SOL_SRGB.png

Slightly lighter Navy, horrendous sleeve stripes, and the pinstriped White cap.

As bad as those modified "UCLA stripes" are, they are less jarring than the sold blue sleeves that were used in the actual jerseys.

I have always felt that a simplified version of the winged Disney Angels wordmark is still superior to the one they currently use.

5534024883_3048c3f802_b.jpg

It would have looked good on a white home jersey with periwinkle (or power blue?) pinstripes, and even better on a solid gray road jersey.

I would have used it in combination with the haloed "LA" hat (although with a navy bill and a gold halo).

5534620032_8130fd804c.jpg

I will concede that this is a minority viewpoint.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the way, does anyone know what's up with this wordmark?

v2jxordr9a9ku4grq0dj3zy2o.gif

I think it's a nice wordmark, but I'm not seeing it used anywhere on their any of their uniforms or logos... why did they create it then? Just for fun?

It's getting some love during Spring Training.

ap6740f3e8fbdb40249b93d.jpg

97bbcd1c1cd3ec9f9664a9f.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

By the way, does anyone know what's up with this wordmark?

v2jxordr9a9ku4grq0dj3zy2o.gif

I think it's a nice wordmark, but I'm not seeing it used anywhere on their any of their uniforms or logos... why did they create it then? Just for fun?

It's getting some love during Spring Training.

ap6740f3e8fbdb40249b93d.jpg

97bbcd1c1cd3ec9f9664a9f.jpg

To show how bad this organization is at making a cohesive identity compare this to the Washington script and how some of the letters don't match, like the s and o.

No, because it's already known that they will be black and orange with little or even no teal when the name is changed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No, because it's already known that they will be black and orange with little or even no teal when the name is changed.

So basically they will look like the San Francisco Giants of the east...

The Orioles kind of already are that, but I know what you mean.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

So basically they will look like the San Francisco Giants of the east...

The Orioles kind of already are that, but I know what you mean.

ok ok, south east, happy :P

Already known?

Yes... for quite a while.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And how do you know that? Are you Doc Brown? Have you seen the Future, Ms. Cleo?

According to Samson, a team exec- the Marlins will have a whole new idenity.

Also, in response to an email telling him most Marlins fans HATE the Orange, he said that they are changing Idenity's and hope that we would love the new colors.

If someone says we hate Orange, WTF would he tell us well love the next scheme if it includes it again,

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

And how do you know that? Are you Doc Brown? Have you seen the Future, Ms. Cleo?

Also, in response to an email telling him most Marlins fans HATE the Orange, he said that they are changing Idenity's and hope that we would love the new colors.

If someone says we hate Orange, WTF would he tell us well love the next scheme if it includes it again,

He said he "hopes" you like the new scheme, as in "well, it IS black and orange, but hopefully once you see the uniforms you will like them." What else do you expect him to say? Then again, with the way Sampson and Loria have handled everything else, I am surprised he didn't just tell you to :censored: off.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

He said he "hopes" you like the new scheme, as in "well, it IS black and orange, but hopefully once you see the uniforms you will like them." What else do you expect him to say? Then again, with the way Sampson and Loria have handled everything else, I am surprised he didn't just tell you to :censored: off.

They haven't mentioned anything other then this being a whole new idenity. I'm sure a whole new idenity means a move away from the old colors of teal, black, silver and orange.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Have you been reading these forums for the past year or two? There's been countless posts quoting team execs or other people associated with the club stating that they're going to go black and orange, with little or no teal (don't know about silver.) Could that change? Of course. But that's been the story since talk about the stadium came up.

Also, if I'm a team exec, and some fan e-mails me and tells me that most team fans HATE something, I'm just going to laugh. Am I going so sit there and say "wow, I had no idea what our customers liked?" Or am I going to say one of the following - "Well, I've spoken to more customers in our focus groups and marketing surveys and polls than this kid even knows, so he can piss off" or "Most fans don't like it? You mean we have fans?"

How ironic that the Marlins are now dumping teal because it doesn't sell enough merchandise.

Which, even if true, I think is ridiculous. All merchandise sales in MLB are shared among the teams (other than what is sold at the ballparks). If I'm an owner, I wouldn't be motivated to trot out another bland or "kewl" navy/black look just because focus groups said they would rather wear a dark colored team t-shirt with khakis. 1/30 share? I would focus on a distinctive, iconic look (like the original Marlins look could have been) and know that the notoreity of the look would benefit the team far more than 1/30 of the extra money I would make by changing identities.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived