MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

I'm watching the Tigers-Astros ST game on MLB Network tonight and another one of the oddities of ST reared its head. Some Tigers (those wearing #'s in the 70-90 range) were wearing nameplates. And the namplaters were all wearing doubleknits. The "regulars" were wearing COOLBASE without nameplates (as the Tigers would normally wear). Additionally, Brad Penny had a game cap on while almost everyone else wore the BP cap. Just another day in ST...

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching the Tigers-Astros ST game on MLB Network tonight and another one of the oddities of ST reared its head. Some Tigers (those wearing #'s in the 70-90 range) were wearing nameplates. And the namplaters were all wearing doubleknits. The "regulars" were wearing COOLBASE without nameplates (as the Tigers would normally wear). Additionally, Brad Penny had a game cap on while almost everyone else wore the BP cap. Just another day in ST...

I noticed something similar, perhaps, in a Mets ST game last week. The guy who made the next-to-last out for the Cardinals was wearing a different style of away uniform (probably the name you mentioned), and his jersey number (something like 97) was the only thing that appeared on the back. No name. Maybe that's common practice for newbies.

I noticed something similar, perhaps, in a Mets ST game last week. The guy who made the next-to-last out for the Cardinals was wearing a different style of away uniform (probably the name you mentioned), and his jersey number (something like 97) was the only thing that appeared on the back. No name. Maybe that's common practice for newbies.

Yeah pretty much anybody who's not essentially guaranteed a MLB spot or hasn't really ever been up there before doesn't have a name, just a number. A high number.

I was at a local Modell's over the weekend. I saw the new BP jerseys. Made this discovery...

The Red Sox script on the red home jersey is fully embroidered, both the white lettering and the blue outline.

The Boston script on the blue road jersey is fake fully embroidered; the red outline is sewn, but the white fill is screened on.

I double checked to make sure I didn't have a replica...it looked like the on-field version.

Has anyone else noticed this discrepancy between the road/home versions of the same team's jerseys?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Not sure if someone mentioned it but I caught a bit of the Twins/Braves game on MLBN and they were using the Braves feed.

It looks like FOX is using a modified version of it's NFL graphics for MLB this season.

FOX's baseball coverage (at least the music and on-screen graphics) has been going downhill since around 2003 or 2004. They should go back to everything they were using in 2003 and call it a day.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Not sure if someone mentioned it but I caught a bit of the Twins/Braves game on MLBN and they were using the Braves feed.

It looks like FOX is using a modified version of it's NFL graphics for MLB this season.

FOX's baseball coverage (at least the music and on-screen graphics) has been going downhill since around 2003 or 2004. They should go back to everything they were using in 2003 and call it a day.

FOX's baseball coverage has been going downhill since they got the exclusive contract for the All-Star Game and the playoffs and no longer had to share rights with NBC. Hell, it's been going downhill, period. :P

However, at least MLB on FOX won't have the complete opposite graphics package from the NFL and NASCAR for once and look like it belongs on FOX instead of FSN

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Is this the logo that will be used this year? Does anyone have a high quality version they could post?

kgrhqrlye2ejyybbnk3jp8h.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Is this the logo that will be used this year? Does anyone have a high quality version they could post?

I've got last season's logo...not this season's yet:

Thanks! Do you have the version without the year?

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

That Miller Park logo is pret-ty sharp, though it's perhaps so Millery that it looks more like it's commemorating the tenth anniversary of a beer.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Other than clearly being a Miller Lite ad, and the 0 being a little hard to read, it's pretty well done.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived