UnclearInitial

MLB Logo&Uniform changes

I'm watching the Tigers-Astros ST game on MLB Network tonight and another one of the oddities of ST reared its head. Some Tigers (those wearing #'s in the 70-90 range) were wearing nameplates. And the namplaters were all wearing doubleknits. The "regulars" were wearing COOLBASE without nameplates (as the Tigers would normally wear). Additionally, Brad Penny had a game cap on while almost everyone else wore the BP cap. Just another day in ST...

I'm watching the Tigers-Astros ST game on MLB Network tonight and another one of the oddities of ST reared its head. Some Tigers (those wearing #'s in the 70-90 range) were wearing nameplates. And the namplaters were all wearing doubleknits. The "regulars" were wearing COOLBASE without nameplates (as the Tigers would normally wear). Additionally, Brad Penny had a game cap on while almost everyone else wore the BP cap. Just another day in ST...

I noticed something similar, perhaps, in a Mets ST game last week. The guy who made the next-to-last out for the Cardinals was wearing a different style of away uniform (probably the name you mentioned), and his jersey number (something like 97) was the only thing that appeared on the back. No name. Maybe that's common practice for newbies.

I noticed something similar, perhaps, in a Mets ST game last week. The guy who made the next-to-last out for the Cardinals was wearing a different style of away uniform (probably the name you mentioned), and his jersey number (something like 97) was the only thing that appeared on the back. No name. Maybe that's common practice for newbies.

Yeah pretty much anybody who's not essentially guaranteed a MLB spot or hasn't really ever been up there before doesn't have a name, just a number. A high number.

I was at a local Modell's over the weekend. I saw the new BP jerseys. Made this discovery...

The Red Sox script on the red home jersey is fully embroidered, both the white lettering and the blue outline.

The Boston script on the blue road jersey is fake fully embroidered; the red outline is sewn, but the white fill is screened on.

I double checked to make sure I didn't have a replica...it looked like the on-field version.

Has anyone else noticed this discrepancy between the road/home versions of the same team's jerseys?

Not sure if someone mentioned it but I caught a bit of the Twins/Braves game on MLBN and they were using the Braves feed.

It looks like FOX is using a modified version of it's NFL graphics for MLB this season.

Not sure if someone mentioned it but I caught a bit of the Twins/Braves game on MLBN and they were using the Braves feed.

It looks like FOX is using a modified version of it's NFL graphics for MLB this season.

FOX's baseball coverage (at least the music and on-screen graphics) has been going downhill since around 2003 or 2004. They should go back to everything they were using in 2003 and call it a day.

FOX's baseball coverage (at least the music and on-screen graphics) has been going downhill since around 2003 or 2004. They should go back to everything they were using in 2003 and call it a day.

FOX's baseball coverage has been going downhill since they got the exclusive contract for the All-Star Game and the playoffs and no longer had to share rights with NBC. Hell, it's been going downhill, period. :P

However, at least MLB on FOX won't have the complete opposite graphics package from the NFL and NASCAR for once and look like it belongs on FOX instead of FSN

Without looking at the scorebug, that looks like an intrasquad game.

Without looking at the scorebug, that looks like an intrasquad game.

That's the joys of spring training baseball, even though played in the MLB park.

Is this the logo that will be used this year? Does anyone have a high quality version they could post?

kgrhqrlye2ejyybbnk3jp8h.jpg

Is this the logo that will be used this year? Does anyone have a high quality version they could post?

I've got last season's logo...not this season's yet:

JackieRobinsonDay_CML1_2010_SOL_SRGB.png

Love the A's yellow jersey. Reminds me of the 70s but better since it's not a pull over.

I've got last season's logo...not this season's yet:

Thanks! Do you have the version without the year?

That Miller Park logo is pret-ty sharp, though it's perhaps so Millery that it looks more like it's commemorating the tenth anniversary of a beer.

Other than clearly being a Miller Lite ad, and the 0 being a little hard to read, it's pretty well done.

I really like it, except for the numbers.

Nice combination of Miller and Brewers logos.