MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

I really like it, except for the numbers.

Nice combination of Miller and Brewers logos.

I love how the red looks against the blue and gold. Of course I also loved the Gretzkey-era Blues jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how much it can be read into but I think the Angels gold halo will be one and done. Reasons for this conclusion. First off the 50th Anniversary logo still has the silver halo. The newly revamped website still has the Silver Halo and Lastly, while watching the Angels play the Dodgers yesterday, I noticed their batting helmets still had the silver halo on the logo. Obviously, they could keep them and make the changes later, but as of now I'd say the Gold halo will only be in use this season.

Watchin the Padres on ESPN... I'm diggin the new gray roadies. They look pretty good, yeah?

No, they look like what they are - ripoffs of the Yankees. Completely soulless and personality-free.

I'm somewhere in the middle. They don't look bad but they are a bit lacking in imagination. If I had to make a choice, I'd say the gray works better than the old sand uniforms but the sand look was pretty original. It just looked better with the blue jersey. The all sand look never worked for me. Call it a toss up.

BB52Big.jpg

Seriously.

4103.gif

8jvw8bebev8lc0cprzsy5xg0k.gif

uyde5teneo4lmantw0ogbwfa8.gif

xvg5azlns58rwvrk15gnmnskp.gif

I just don't see the appeal of looking extremely similar to several other teams. The first three are especially bad because they're all in the same freaking division. It isn't the 1920's anymore (no matter how much Bud Selig wishes it was). Get your own identity. There's really no excuse.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm pretty sure the Padres wore their home caps on the road today, meaning the picture from the unveiling was correct. I assume the sand-SD cap will now be used with the alternate navy jersey only.

You're definitely right, I noticed that too. It helped emphasize Lights Out's point that they look like knock-off's of the Yankees. I still liked em tho.

90758391980.gif

You think the Rays road unis should be Powder Blue instead of gray?

Personally, I think a shade of gray with a little blue mixed in wouldn't be so bad. Remember the old Marlins roadies? I remember seeing them in person and noticing the hint of green in them.

Let's just let powder blue uniforms be a chapter in the "Hey! Wha Happen?" chapter of baseball alongside plastic grass and concrete donuts. The Royals can make a decent jersey out of it today, but not with the matching pants.

I agree, however, that the Padres' road uniforms are tremendously uninspiring considering how nice a navy/sky/sand color palette can be. I'm one of the few who doesn't advocate a return to brown and yellow because this scheme is much better, but they owe it to themselves to look more colorful than this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Let's just let powder blue uniforms be a chapter in the "Hey! Wha Happen?" chapter of baseball alongside plastic grass and concrete donuts.

Normally, I'd agree, but in a division where three teams use similar gray-and-navy road uniforms with very little trim, drastic measures should be taken to increase uniqueness. I'm tired of the mindset that every baseball team needs to use monochrome designs that all look the same and all look like they came out of the 1920's, regardless of when the team actually started.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived