MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am legitimately shocked that this hasn't devolved into a white front / blue back / red bill / flag logoed hat. But there's always next year...

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Cubs went with red?! Ok, I know that's their color and navy isn't, but that hasn't stopped them from using two different shades of blue on the field when they wear their alt. This idea has been terrible from the start, but leave it to the Cubs and their new management to make it even worse. I think I might actually have to watch them in this crap. Do teams wear these for Memorial Day?

EDIT: Fixed typos.

I will never pay for one of these. They look terrible on gameday, and I don't need to prove myself to be a good american by paying an outrageous price for a crappy looking hat. I wish they'd bury these ideas and get on with the business of making good hats. If possible.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Why are two teams with black caps, Pirates and Rockies, wearing red when navy would at least somewhat look better with their uniform sets? The Red Sox can get a pass if their worn at home, but on the road they'll look ridiculously out of place with all that navy on the away uniform.

Hats Brewers and Pirates are wearing this sunday for armed forces day...pretty cool!

http://colinscapcorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/armed-forces-day-pirates-and-brewers.html

Pirates one isn't terrible, but the brewers one...wow!! that's dreadful.

Here's my question though - why do teams keep using outdated camouflage? It's been at least 4-5 years since the woodland pattern was phased out by the army. The Padres finally updated theirs, but why are they using the woodland camo instead of a digi pattern? the ACU, ABU, or MARPAT patters would all be better, and at least represent our current soldiers.

Anubis.png

This is out of control. Someone needs to smack MLB and tell them to stop abusing the flag and military for financial gain. Overreaction? Perhaps. But these tributes are so hollow and it just makes it worse when they are inaccurate or in violation of a code they are supposed to be honoring.

Hats Brewers and Pirates are wearing this sunday for armed forces day...pretty cool!

http://colinscapcorner.blogspot.com/2011/05/armed-forces-day-pirates-and-brewers.html

Pirates one isn't terrible, but the brewers one...wow!! that's dreadful.

Here's my question though - why do teams keep using outdated camouflage? It's been at least 4-5 years since the woodland pattern was phased out by the army. The Padres finally updated theirs, but why are they using the woodland camo instead of a digi pattern? the ACU, ABU, or MARPAT patters would all be better, and at least represent our current soldiers.

Technically the Brewers weren't out of date. Even though the USAF has switched to ABU's, the woodland BDU's are still authorized to wear. I see people on base wearing them all the time.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

This is out of control. Someone needs to smack MLB and tell them to stop abusing the flag and military for financial gain. Overreaction? Perhaps. But these tributes are so hollow and it just makes it worse when they are inaccurate or in violation of a code they are supposed to be honoring.

Whatever....myself and thousands of other veterans are honored by these tribute. Of course, I'm sure there are thousands of us that don't like it. But as long as one military personal feels honored by it, then it was all worth it by MLB and every other organization that does it.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Whatever....myself and thousands of other veterans are honored by these tribute. Of course, I'm sure there are thousands of us that don't like it. But as long as one military personal feels honored by it, then it was all worth it by MLB and every other organization that does it.

Nonsense. You may like it, good for you.

But not all servicemembers do, and your one vote doesn't invalidate theirs.

Nor does this silly "vote" get limited to vets.

Nonsense. You may like it, good for you.

But not all servicemembers do, and your one vote doesn't invalidate theirs.

Nor does this silly "vote" get limited to vets.

Didn't I already state that above?

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

You said "as long as one military personal (sic) feels honored by it", then it was worth it.

To which I say, I good for that one, but his opinion doesn't warrant desecrating the flag for profit.

Most (if not all) of these special events (i.e. military, breast awareness, and etc) raise profits that go to good causes. That fact alone makes it 100% ok. Do the companies make money too? Of course they do and should. Business is business.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

You said "as long as one military personal (sic) feels honored by it", then it was worth it.

To which I say, I good for that one, but his opinion doesn't warrant desecrating the flag for profit.

Most (if not all) of these special events (i.e. military, breast awareness, and etc) raise profits that go to good causes. That fact alone makes it 100% ok. Do the companies make money too? Of course they do and should. Business is business.

People around here don't care if they money goes to a good cause. They have to see pink wristbands and stars and stripes caps. It ruins their lives!

People around here don't care if they money goes to a good cause. They have to see pink wristbands and stars and stripes caps. It ruins their lives!

No doubt. If teams didn't do anything to their uni's, this site probably wouldn't even exist. Gotta love the irony.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Archived