UnclearInitial

MLB Logo&Uniform changes

Well, if your position is "Businesses should exploit the military to turn a profit" I have no response.

Personlly, I hate that celebs and leagues only donate "awareness" and very little of their own real cash. Or even the cash they raise. Ask the beloved Bono:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/841666-bono-under-fire-over-one-charity-donations-totalling-9-6m

9.6 mil raised. 118 thou donated to good causes. 5.1 mil lining the pockets of "executives."

Be wary of taking "for charity" at their word. When these flag baseball caps first came out MLB wouldn't say how much actually goes to the charity. I'm not sure they've disclosed that percentage yet. I'll leave it at that. If you like it, so be it. I think it's a hollow cash grab.

Any other uni news in MLB? New uni requests have to be in by the end of this month, right?

ap-201105141520552096233.jpg

469721.png

All the Phillies had red socks hiked up. No blue helmets, so the Phillies just wore their regular helmets when batting. Gorgeous back numbers, too.

Atlanta wore road helmets (solid blue) when they were batting. Socks had a Northwestern stripe, may have been the same socks they wore in LA when going throwback against the Dodgers.

Well, if your position is "Businesses should exploit the military to turn a profit" I have no response.

Personlly, I hate that celebs and leagues only donate "awareness" and very little of their own real cash. Or even the cash they raise. Ask the beloved Bono:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/841666-bono-under-fire-over-one-charity-donations-totalling-9-6m

9.6 mil raised. 118 thou donated to good causes. 5.1 mil lining the pockets of "executives."

Be wary of taking "for charity" at their word. When these flag baseball caps first came out MLB wouldn't say how much actually goes to the charity. I'm not sure they've disclosed that percentage yet. I'll leave it at that. If you like it, so be it. I think it's a hollow cash grab.

Any other uni news in MLB? New uni requests have to be in by the end of this month, right?

$1 dollar donated is still better than ZERO.

I think we're getting confused here. "Giving charity" and "celebrities/executives not being transparent about charity" are two different things.

indianshat.png

I wonder how many diapers would be soiled if the Indians busted this out on game-day. New Era has a lot of kahunas for using Chief Wahoo instead of their token "safe" block C in their new design. hahahahaha....love it!!!

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110514&content_id=19061044&notebook_id=19061052&vkey=notebook_min&c_id=min

Twins will wear their 1961 throwback uniforms at home the remainder of the year to honor Harmon Killebrew, who just entered hospice care.

Fitting tribute, and I hope this provides the impetus for them to switch to these uniforms (or something similar) permanently. I personally much prefer them to their current home uniforms (never liked that wordmark).

oh god, woodland-camo Brewers hats, somewhere illwauk is fuming. Rightfully so, too! They're ugly!

Most (if not all) of these special events (i.e. military, breast awareness, and etc) raise profits that go to good causes.

Teehee. I think breast awareness is at an all-time high, sir!

Braves and Phillies in 60' -- 70's uniforms today. for Civil Rights Game

Braves in the Hank Aaron white and blues with the feather and "a"

Phillies in the light blue with the vertical maroon and white piping.

Saw the same two teams play in this combination years ago when I was a kid. Love it. Wish the Braves would make the red alternates road jerseys and wear the throwbacks every Sunday at home.

It's '74 to honor Aaron

Is it me or are the white stripes on the Phils too thick?

Saw the same two teams play in this combination years ago when I was a kid. Love it. Wish the Braves would make the red alternates road jerseys and wear the throwbacks every Sunday at home.

Throwback "Phailure" on the Phils' part today. At least Atlanta busted out the throwback helmets.

So watching the Phillies-Braves Game and i have to say this is like the 1st time in forever that both teams have throwbacks on that on not oversized and baggy

Is the Phillies' maroon (or whatever it was called) the correct shade? It is clearly darker than their helmets and undershirts, but it looks lighter than the pictures and merchandise I have seen from that era.

Is the Phillies' maroon (or whatever it was called) the correct shade? It is clearly darker than their helmets and undershirts, but it looks lighter than the pictures and merchandise I have seen from that era.

They're wearing current helmets and undershirts.

Also, anyone know why Pittsburgh has on camo caps?

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110514&content_id=19061044&notebook_id=19061052&vkey=notebook_min&c_id=min

Twins will wear their 1961 throwback uniforms at home the remainder of the year to honor Harmon Killebrew, who just entered hospice care.

Fitting tribute, and I hope this provides the impetus for them to switch to these uniforms (or something similar) permanently. I personally much prefer them to their current home uniforms (never liked that wordmark).

Nice and unique as a one-year tribute, fine as an occasional throwback alternate, but I definitely disagree about using them full time. That script is awful.

Throwback "Phailure" on the Phils' part today. At least Atlanta busted out the throwback helmets.

Wouldn't it be on the Braves part since the home team supplies the throwbacks to the road team? Or since the civil-rights thing is a MLB project, would it be on them?

I think the maroon shade changed throughout it's tenure. It was quite dark at the end ('87 - '92) but I think it was a little lighter in the earlier days. For a while, they actually mixed red with maroon (home uniform pinstripes were red while trim was maroon.)

The three "phailures" here are the cap logo (it's too thick, probably due to New Era's puffy style which wasn't used back then), the racing stripes appear too thick (minor though), and IIRC the jerseys had zippers up until '87.

http://minnesota.twi...ok_min&c_id=min

Nice and unique as a one-year tribute, fine as an occasional throwback alternate, but I definitely disagree about using them full time. That script is awful.

The current Twins script is just too computerized and "perfect" for my tastes. The throwback one is certainly flawed, but has a certain "organic" quality to it that cannot be underrated.