MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

Not that you would know since only Mark Reynolds wore his pants cuffs above his shoetops, but the Orioles wore the wrong socks last night. Reynolds had black stirrups (couldn't find a picture), but the '71 Orioles wore orange stirrups.

1018_large.jpg

Reynolds

610x.jpg

Pirates wore wrong socks, too.

x610.jpg0802_large.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We gotta get the O's back in orange socks full-time. O-wn the color.

Yes, and tell the Giants to get rid of their orange jerseys and orange billed caps. If they want to wear an alt, it should be black. The problem will only get worse next year when the Marlins come out in what will likely be garish bastardizations of the Orioles uniforms.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Agreed. I love that they have really reemphasized the orange in recent years (orange uniform script, orange-billed caps full time). Orange stirrups would just add to it.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Yes, and tell the Giants to get rid of their orange jerseys and orange billed caps. If they want to wear an alt, it should be black. The problem will only get worse next year when the Marlins come out in what will likely be garish bastardizations of the Orioles uniforms.

Ditch the orange billed Sunday caps. Yes.

Ditch the orange jersey. Big f-ing NO.

I too believe the Orioles to be orange with black and vice versa for the Giants, but their orange alt just looks too damn sweet with the cream pants and the black cap. And I hate the Giants.

I love how it seems so many people are in love with these A's jerseys, bright yellow, but people hate the all orange? And all red? I'm not saying everyone on here, just alot of what I've seen overall, that idiot at uniwatch has a chub for these A's alts but hates anything orange. I like em both, but a bright color is a bright color. Not alot different between the two.

I also noticed that in my opinion the AL West has the best set of alternate jerseys of all the divisions. Red Angels/Rangers, teal Mariners, and yellow/green A's.

If they had one team with a plain jersey, I'd give them a tie with the NL West, but since the NL West has one team without any real alternate, the Dodgers, can't give it to them. Same amount of teams with cool alts. Giants orange is awesome, Padres camo unis are great, Rockies purple/black, and the D-Backs red/black. I'm not counting throwbacks, just strictly alternates.

2ly2w09.jpg

I love how it seems so many people are in love with these A's jerseys, bright yellow, but people hate the all orange? And all red? I'm not saying everyone on here, just alot of what I've seen overall, that idiot at uniwatch has a chub for these A's alts but hates anything orange. I like em both, but a bright color is a bright color. Not alot different between the two.

Who hates the all orange? There's only one team who wears an orange jersey, and for the people who do complain about that, I think it's more about orange being a secondary Giants color (when they don't even have a black alternate) than about the orange itself. And I've heard people say a lot of positive things about those jerseys.

And who complains about red jerseys? I don't hear much of that.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Who hates the all orange? There's only one team who wears an orange jersey, and for the people who do complain about that, I think it's more about orange being a secondary Giants color (when they don't even have a black alternate) than about the orange itself. And I've heard people say a lot of positive things about those jerseys.

And who complains about red jerseys? I don't hear much of that.

Yeah, I think you're a little off-base with this, Legend.

Archived