MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it doesn't look like a halo?

Precisely. I never had a problem with it but didn't really think it should be brought back full time. Then I watched some of the game last night and found the "halo" too be very distracting. It doesn't look like anything other than a white ring around the top of the hat. They're better off without them on there.

Please share with the rest of the class what a "real" halo looks like. I assume you saw it when you spoke to a real angel?

He didn't say it didn't look like a "real" halo, just a halo. And people have seen halos in many different mediums, such as the Angels logos. And I agree, I don't see a halo when I look at it, just an obligatory white ring around the top of the cap.

Please share with the rest of the class what a "real" halo looks like. I assume you saw it when you spoke to a real angel?

He didn't say it didn't look like a "real" halo, just a halo. And people have seen halos in many different mediums, such as the Angels logos. And I agree, I don't see a halo when I look at it, just an obligatory white ring around the top of the cap.

So if it was gold you'd be okay with it? Sorry, I just don't see how it could be any clearer what it is unless it was a flat gold disk sticking out of the top of the cap, and even then, I think a glittery silver ring works just as well. Just IMO, of course.

So if it was gold you'd be okay with it? Sorry, I just don't see how it could be any clearer what it is unless it was a flat gold disk sticking out of the top of the cap, and even then, I think a glittery silver ring works just as well. Just IMO, of course.

Now you're just putting words in peoples mouths. Whatever color it is, it just looks like a random circle on top of their heads.

Now onto your next sarcastic "so you're saying".

A halo floats above the head, it doesn't rest on it. Conceptually it's good, but there's just no way to really execute it. It clearly IMO looks more like a yarmulke than a halo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now you're just putting words in peoples mouths. Whatever color it is, it just looks like a random circle on top of their heads.

You used the Angels logo as an example, which this year and for most years has been gold. I should have used "would you" instead of "you'd" in my question. But you answered it clearly with a no. Fine. I still don't see where you've offered your solution to how to make it look like a halo, which was the topic at hand when you stepped in for Ice Cap, so forgive me for guessing at what you're referencing. I just threw a couple out there, but you're right, I have no idea what you're thinking and won't guess again because it apparently offended you, but I'm glad you know what Ice Cap was so we could have this chat. :)

You used the Angels logo as an example, which this year and for most years has been gold. I should have used "would you" instead of "you'd" in my question. But you answered it clearly with a no. Fine. I still don't see where you've offered your solution to how to make it look like a halo, which was the topic at hand when you stepped in for Ice Cap, so forgive me for guessing at what you're referencing. I just threw a couple out there, but you're right, I have no idea what you're thinking and won't guess again because it apparently offended you, but I'm glad you know what Ice Cap was so we could have this chat. :)

I was never intending to offer a solution. My point was that it just simply does not look like a halo period. No matter what you do to it it just looks like a random white (or any color) ring on the top of a cap.

I was never intending to offer a solution. My point was that it just simply does not look like a halo period. No matter what you do to it it just looks like a random white (or any color) ring on the top of a cap.

Fair enough. For the record, I think they ultimately found the right place to put the halo -- on the A.

Fair enough. For the record, I think they ultimately found the right place to put the halo -- on the A.

Best spot and only spot they need. It's become iconic. Not quite Yankees pinstripes, Cardinals birds on the bat, Tigers old english D or Dodgers red front numbers untouchable yet, but it should definately never go away... again.

Okay, well, change it to athletic gold then. Simple fix and people can then stop bitching.

It's not a colour thing, it's a thickness thing. It just looks like a random thin circle atop the caps.

For :censored: 's sake. Your little sarcastic "well you MUST have seen a real angel to know what a halo looks like!" remark was silly, at best. McCall did a fine job explaining why, and since he was doing just fine on his own I didn't feel the need to interject. Since you seem so desperate to make this about my personal opinion though, I'll repeat what's already been said. Halos are a common device found throughout western and middle eastern art, and as such we all have a good idea of what a halo is "supposed" to look like. The popular image of a halo does not jive with the thin white outline the Angels use for these throwbacks, in my opinion. A halo should be thicker. I just had to scan a few pieces of religious artwork and maybe recall a Loony Toons episode or two to determine what a halo should look like. What the Angels went with for this cap isn't close enough.

I'm sorry I took so long to get you my official no kidding for reals answer on the matter.

Okay, well, change it to athletic gold then. Simple fix and people can then stop bitching.

It's not a colour thing, it's a thickness thing. It just looks like a random thin circle atop the caps.

I honestly don't know if it would look right even in gold and thicker.

I honestly don't know if it would look right even in gold and thicker.

Yeah, it would still look off. As BBTV said, a halo is supposed to be flat, above your head, not something that confirms to the curvature of your head. Thicker, though, would be more halo-like then the thin stripe they went with. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would be conceptually closer, in my opinion.

I think the halo looks stupid on the hats. For a throwback it's fine but otherwise it just looks awkward and out of place to me and at first glance I don't think I would even think halo at first. I like their current sets a lot.

niagaraq.png

Archived