MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

Well, of course it's never going to look exactly like a halo. The point isn't to look 100% realistic, the point is to evoke the image of a halo. Considering we're all calling it the "halo hat," even people who don't like it, I'd say the cap is doing its job as is.

As would I.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, of course it's never going to look exactly like a halo. The point isn't to look 100% realistic, the point is to evoke the image of a halo. Considering we're all calling it the "halo hat," even people who don't like it, I'd say the cap is doing its job as is.

If we're shifting the discussion from aesthetic to concept I would argue that it's a tad on the gimmicky side for a team representing the country's second largest media market.

You say gimmicky, I say creative, distinctive, and iconic - especially considering that the Angels have largely been seen as the "second team" in the area, and therefore, could use an iconic element. Their regular uniforms are rather dull, especially those horrid red-on-red uniforms.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I think the Red vs Blue LA baseball thing the Angels and Dodgers have going on now helps keep both teams distinct. The current home-road set is the best they've looked, in my opinion. Plus it has a World Series associated with it.

Halo aside there's nothing that distinct about this Angels set. They do look very Red Sox-esque.

I'm not saying the whole uniform is distinct - you're right, it's a ripoff of the Red Sox. I'd like to see them wear red hats with an athletic gold halo, with predominantly-red uniforms. And for a distinctive look, they could replace the navy in their color scheme with the old "periwinkle" color they used to use.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's amazing .... I remember when I initiated this topic back in February regarding the ANGELS wearing throwbacks for Friday home games this season, and posted a photo of the '61-'65 cap, and was puzzled about what I described as 'that unusual circle' on top of the cap.

I got responses like "it's clearly a halo" ... as if it's so obvious, how could anybody not know that, to one poster laughing at me for not knowing it was a halo.

What I find funny is it hasn't been so obvious to a good many after all reading all these posts about them since that time .... as one poster had since said that they looked like they were wearing yarmulkes, to one initiating a fresh thread yesterday that appears to of been deleted by one of the mods.

Love seeing them in the LA logo ... lower case 'a' logo should be upcoming soon.

:grin:

ANGELS to wear throwbacks in '11 (with original LA logo)

It's amazing .... I remember when I initiated this topic back in February regarding the ANGELS wearing throwbacks for Friday home games this season, and posted a photo of the '61-'65 cap, and was puzzled about what I described as 'that unusual circle' on top of the cap.

I got responses like "it's clearly a halo" ... as if it's so obvious, how could anybody not know that, to one poster laughing at me for not knowing it was a halo.

What I find funny is it hasn't been so obvious to a good many after all reading all these posts about them since that time .... as one poster had since said that they looked like they were wearing yarmulkes, to one initiating a fresh thread yesterday that appears to of been deleted by one of the mods.

Love seeing them in the LA logo ... lower case 'a' logo should be upcoming soon.

:grin:

ANGELS to wear throwbacks in '11 (with original LA logo)

There's a difference between knowing what it's INTENDED to be and what it looks like. All of us who are saying it doesn't look much like a halo never had any doubt that it was meant to be a halo. The fact that the team is named the Angels is pretty good giveaway that it was supposed to be a halo.

The Rangers wore their red helmets (as opposed to the normal blue helmets) at home with their white primary jerseys on July 4th. Not sure if this was to match their 4th of July caps, but still probably worth a mention on a site like this.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The Twins are wearing their throwback alts every home game for the remainder of the season in tribute to Harmon Killebrew.

There's no logical reason to like that old Twins script. It's sloppy, wonky, and has a handmade quality that's not particularly professional. But dammit, it somehow looks good on that cream pinstriped jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Blue Jays are having an eighty's night against the Yankees, and the only details they have is you can take your picture with the the Back to the Future Delorean, and get George Bell's autograph. Is there any news on a throwback for the Jays?

The Twins have worn their throwbacks 3 strait days. I'm not a fan.

The white T on the cap (I'd prefer cream) bugs me more than the script.

3227b757ba88d6b740b399b.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Speaking of the Twins, have they ever worn these?

cic4g2g6crbelehcizhuknd7g.gif

After this season, they should ditch those hideous throwbacks and rock the vests at home for a change of pace. They also need to make a Minnesota script that actually matches the Twins script.

They have not worn the new version. Last appearance was at the Metrodome.

Do the Twins still wear this cap or has it been completely replaced by the Twin City one?

63-11433-J.jpg

It is still part of their identity but has not been worn the past two seasons (including this one).

The Twins have worn their throwbacks 3 strait days. I'm not a fan.

This looks uneven and sloppy.

xrcmu7qhl80pmvgfw3f89pha9.gif

Compared to this.

gzv750saeqno8z7le7dnq1fa8.gif

Agreed. It's good for a change of pace, but not for full time look in this day & age. One of those situations where their current unis easily trump the throwbacks. Too bad we won't see the current ones until next year.

The Rangers wore their red helmets (as opposed to the normal blue helmets) at home with their white primary jerseys on July 4th. Not sure if this was to match their 4th of July caps, but still probably worth a mention on a site like this.

They did this a few times last year. The red helmets just don't work with the blue script on the white jersey.

Archived