MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I am trying to figure out what teams will be changing next year..can someone help complete this list..

Blue Jays

Marlins

Royals

anyone else?

This thread: 2012 MLB Changes

I summarized it in this post there: 2012 MLB Changes (summary)

But to summarize that, it is Toronto, Florida, and POSSIBLY San Diego. The Royals thing seemed to come out of the blue in the last few days without citation. The other 3 have citations scattered throughout the message board from legit sources.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I think Marlins go with "rainbow-like colors" fans will hate it so much that the Marlins will change back to a boring color scheme (like their current one). Then 20 years from now the Marlins rainbow uniforms will be everyone's favorite uniforms and fans will want them back.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

I have a feeling the Royals "change" is simply the ASG patch. They're hosting next year. I think somehow it probably just got blown up as it when through the grapevine.

This is just speculation on my part, but it seems to make sense.

There's more.

Can you at least confirm that the black isn't coming back?

I have a feeling the Royals "change" is simply the ASG patch. They're hosting next year. I think somehow it probably just got blown up as it when through the grapevine.

This is just speculation on my part, but it seems to make sense.

There's more.

Would classify the changes as major or minor?

That looks terrible with the tail being relatively straight while the rest is arched. Maybe lose the tail and it'd be OK.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I disagree. I have three "rules" of sorts that determine a good baseball uniform set.

1. Either use script all the time, or block all the time. A script/block mishmash just looks bad. And the script or block have to match on all uniforms. (Exception: the Yankees and Tigers.)

2. Team name at home, city name on the road. (Again, the Yankees and Tigers are an exception.)

3. If possible, a non-gray road uniform is ideal.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I disagree. I have three "rules" of sorts that determine a good baseball uniform set.

1. Either use script all the time, or block all the time. A script/block mishmash just looks bad. And the script or block have to match on all uniforms. (Exception: the Yankees and Tigers.)

2. Team name at home, city name on the road. (Again, the Yankees and Tigers are an exception.)

if there is anything that is severely outdated it's gray uniforms but i'm not about to open up that can of worms.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I am so glad you do not decide the rules.

1. Script on home with the city in block on the road can look really nice.

2. Agree, but you can add the Cardinals and Phillies to the exception.

3. All the non-gray roads of the 70's and 80's are left where they belong... in the 70's and 80's.

Now, I wouldn't mind teams coming up with grays tinted with particular colors. I've done Rays concepts where I try to make the gray road uniform have a bit of a powder blue tint to it. It looks gray, but you get the blue-ish shade too. I think the Padres could've done more of a sand color than the khaki, much like their inaugural sets. That wouldn't look too bad or outlandish. But other than that, full body head-to-toe color just does not look good on grown men. Thus why monochrome+leotard look is terrible in the NFL.

I am so glad you do not decide the rules.

1. Script on home with the city in block on the road can look really nice.

2. Agree, but you can add the Cardinals and Phillies to the exception.

3. All the non-gray roads of the 70's and 80's are left where they belong... in the 70's and 80's.

Now, I wouldn't mind teams coming up with grays tinted with particular colors. I've done Rays concepts where I try to make the gray road uniform have a bit of a powder blue tint to it. It looks gray, but you get the blue-ish shade too. I think the Padres could've done more of a sand color than the khaki, much like their inaugural sets. That wouldn't look too bad or outlandish. But other than that, full body head-to-toe color just does not look good on grown men. Thus why monochrome+leotard look is terrible in the NFL.

I think the Phillies could be an exception only because as we've seen, Philadelphia just looks terrible on a jersey - it's too long, and just not an aethetically pleasing word.

"St. Louis", on the other hand, looks great in the Cardinals script, and looks great with the birds-on-bat. It should certainly be on the roads.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived