UnclearInitial

MLB Logo&Uniform changes

I'm ambivalent with the Jays. Powder blue would look nice but they're also one of the few teams who have made gray work.

Dear Blue Jays,

This is how you do 80's night.

Signed,

Me.

By wearing hybrid uniforms that don't represent the year in which you claimed they were from? They had the early-'80s chest logo with the late '80s pinstripes, button placket, and NOBs. An inaccurate cap logo too.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the overall look of the Phillies' 80's throwbacks, but I love the thick pants stripe.

Like the Brewers did with their gold Los Cerveceros jerseys it looks like the Mets are going colored with their Los Mets jerseys this year. From a Q & A on the Mets website: "... this Friday's game against the Braves, when the Mets will debut blue "Los Mets" jerseys for Fiesta Latina night." My first curiosity is whether this will look mostly like the BP jersey with black lettering or if they might go with orange lettering in which case we may see something close to what many fans wish would replace the black alts (minus the "los" obviously). If its the later I'm going to be tempted to get one and see if I can cleanly remove the los.

25f5b59a3f64b662bc93bca008e4bd64-getty-119603801.jpg

How some people seem to think that they Phillies should go back to these is absolutely baffling. I'm not wild on the current home uniforms, but they're definitely an upgrade over these.

These > Modern

How some people seem to think that they Phillies should go back to these is absolutely baffling. I'm not wild on the current home uniforms, but they're definitely an upgrade over these.

These > Modern

Nah, I agree with Shumway on this. There's a fine line between "classic" and "dated." The modern Phillies unis have a "classic" feel to them; those rounded-P maroon uniforms have a "dated" feel to them.

These > Modern

Nah, I agree with Shumway on this. There's a fine line between "classic" and "dated." The modern Phillies unis have a "classic" feel to them; those rounded-P maroon uniforms have a "dated" feel to them.

Agreed, the only thing I can see is maybe the phillies replacing red with maroon. But yea the 70s-80s unis are dated lookin with the p and racing stripe. I think the phillies have one of the best sets of uniforms in the mlb now (especially with the day alt)

Agreed, the only thing I can see is maybe the phillies replacing red with maroon. But yea the 70s-80s unis are dated lookin with the p and racing stripe. I think the phillies have one of the best sets of uniforms in the mlb now (especially with the day alt)

I agree about maroon being the best thing about the old Phillies uniforms. I know the powder blue wasn't an official team color, but I would like to see a concept of maroon and powder blue, probably in the template of the current unis. Maybe someone has made one before. I think the light blue could accent maroon and come out nice, but I'm not sure if the blue outline would work against the pinstripes.

SNY's Kevin Burkhardt tweeted a pic of the Los Mets jerseys:

2wp4kfk.jpg

And not a speck of black in sight!

Like the Brewers did with their gold Los Cerveceros jerseys it looks like the Mets are going colored with their Los Mets jerseys this year. From a Q & A on the Mets website: "... this Friday's game against the Braves, when the Mets will debut blue "Los Mets" jerseys for Fiesta Latina night." My first curiosity is whether this will look mostly like the BP jersey with black lettering or if they might go with orange lettering in which case we may see something close to what many fans wish would replace the black alts (minus the "los" obviously). If its the later I'm going to be tempted to get one and see if I can cleanly remove the los.

If there is any hope for the Mets, it'll be a actual blue alternate jersey. I've long since some to terms with the Mets deciding to be a "black-color" team, but they could throw everyone a bone and go blue on an alt.

EDIT: As I typed my comment, the pic appeared. Sweet baby jesus, that looks nice. Now I am really hoping it has the stupid "Los" added on so I can easily rip it off and have a blue Mets alt!

2wp4kfk.jpg

And no drop shadow either!

I agree about maroon being the best thing about the old Phillies uniforms. I know the powder blue wasn't an official team color, but I would like to see a concept of maroon and powder blue, probably in the template of the current unis. Maybe someone has made one before. I think the light blue could accent maroon and come out nice, but I'm not sure if the blue outline would work against the pinstripes.

Claret and light blue is an excellent color combination:

pa-414082.jpg

2wp4kfk.jpg

Yes! That's it! Keep it!

And courtesy of Mets Police, here's the front:

444E588D-FE78-46CA-AFF7-51D5609A2F4B5.jpg

Well, it's still promising. It's definitely what their alt should look like... minus the "Los" and enlarging "Mets".

Very nice, I like it.

:notworthy::winner:

Shame that it took a silly gimmick like that to get the Mets in a proper alternate.

Step in the right direction, just drop the "Los" and make it an alt and then we're talkin'

Very nice, I like it.

:notworthy::winner:

A possible basis of the new Mets alternate uniforms for the 2012 season? Maybe. But it sure does look nice than the current black alternates.