MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

By way of the Tacoma News Tribune on Twitter:

"The green jerseys will be alternate tops for Mondays and Fridays at home. The navy tops will be the road alternate jerseys. #Mariners"

That's just the best.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I can go ahead and say which teams are NOT making changes for the 2011 season (aside from all teams getting new BP jerseys)...

Arizona Diamondbacks

Atlanta Braves

Baltimore Orioles

Boston Red Sox

Chicago Cubs

Colorado Rockies

Detroit Tigers

Florida Marlins

Houston Astros (only removing 45th Anniversary patch)

Kansas City Royals

Los Angeles Dodgers (only removing '55 Since 55' patch)

Milwaukee Brewers (only removing 40th Anniversary patch)

New York Mets

New York Yankees

Philadelphia Phillies

St. Louis Cardinals

Tampa Bay Rays

Texas Rangers

Surprised there will not be a patch for the Marlins final season at Joe Robbie/Sun Life.

1997 | 2003

Surprised there will not be a patch for the Marlins final season at Joe Robbie/Pro Player Park/Pro Player Stadium/Dolphin Stadium/Dolphins Stadium/Landshark Stadium/Sun Life.

I think I see why. Plus, it's hard to pay tribute to a stadium when only like 80 games had an attendance of over 25,000 the last 18 years.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Felix Hernandez modeled the jersey at a season-ticket holder event today:

IMG_20101020_131544.jpg

The names and numbers on the back are standard MLB block, like they always were. I'm a little disappointed they didn't go with an approach more like the '94 edition which has a white stroke around the silver and the navy.

IMG_20101020_142029.jpg

Sorry about the image sizes... I don't know how to resize them in this non-html format.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

The Mariners' uniforms occupy a place between dated and timeless. They're just mildly stale. I like the novelty of the teal uniforms, but digging back to a retired alternate from 1995 seems, I dunno, Goodwillish?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hope they aren't planning on wearing the solid navy hat with the teal jersey. Come on, guys, teal brims at the very least.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Good move for the Mariners. Glad someone wants to own teal in MLB. Not a huge surprise, since when I went to a game there in August the teal jerseys were all over in the team store. I think it looks fine with the all-navy cap. Small steps... actually, committing to the teal jersey for two nights a week is pretty big.

Agree that they really need the teal-brimmed cap with those jerseys. Also need the white outline to separate the teal from the navy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Padres & Jays both need to ditch their current sets altogether, I hope their changes next season are bigger than they are letting on.

And I have a hunch the Indians may be returning to something like this.

Wrong.

Thank God.

I'm guessing that the Indians will remove the white outlining around their wordmark on both their home and away jersey and add an alternate jersey with a cursive "I" and the cursive "C" logo will replace Chief Wahoo on all hats. Just a guess. Anyone know if the Cardinals and Phillies are "really" adding a red alternate jersey for next season? Yankees adding an alternate as well? :unsure:

If you dig back through the thread you'll find this piece of info...

Chief Wahoo isn't going away, but the script I hat is. Look for some positive changes to the uniform set.

...which led me to believe the redesign might look like the late 80s set. But apparently I'm "wrong" too. Anyone got any better predictions?

The late 80's set was horrifically bad. A western font for the Indians? Yeah, no.

Also, looks like I'll be getting a Mariners teal jersey when they come out. Any idea as to when Felix's contract is up?

6fQjS3M.png

Those Mariners jerseys are beauts. They need the teal brims though. Too much contrast.

Also, I found this on the Angels radio website in an ad for the 50th season

untitled-60.jpg

Gorgeous. This needs to be full time. This needs to stick.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Those Mariners jerseys are beauts. They need the teal brims though. Too much contrast.

untitled-60.jpg

I say take the extra step and have a gold (well, yellow...non-metallic would've worked) halo full-time.

untitled-60.jpg

I say take the extra step and have a gold (well, yellow...non-metallic would've worked) halo full-time.

Which is what I said :P

And yes, I agree. More of a yellow gold, than a metallic gold.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'm a little disappointed they didn't go with an approach more like the '94 edition which has a white stroke around the silver and the navy.

Yeah, I think the white outline makes the jersey better too. But hey, I'll take what I can get. :D

Something I realized is that since Jack Z was brought on board, the M's have been reintroducing teal more and more. It could be a coincidence, but I just think it's interesting.

I actually prefer no white outline on the Mariners teal jersey. It just looks too cluttered, and its too similar to the light gray. The new edition is better, easier to read.

I do agree they should bring back the teal-brimmed caps, but I'd say for ALL home games.

Also, still curious if anyone has an idea of what the Indians changes might be, instead of just beating my guess senseless.

Archived