MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

Do people really think the Mets need a blue alt, and that these look great, or is it more just that they're not black?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Twins were supposed to wear the M hats this weekend in honor of the 20th anniversary of the 1991 World Series champions. I'm at work but I got conformation that they are indeed wearing the M caps, but with the cream throwbacks still. Anyone got pics yet?

It looks janky. I know they're doing the creams to honor Killebrew, but if you're going to do the '91 thing, go all out. No name on the back, old script, old patches, old stirrups. Do it right.

Yeah, the M with the throwbacks is not good. I am so happy to see the M cap again, but could they not at least wear the regular home jersey that is closer to the 91 unis? Not to mention I think that would look good.

nishi.jpg

Do people really think the Mets need a blue alt, and that these look great, or is it more just that they're not black?

I don't think the Mets need an alt. But I recognize that they think they need an alt, and if they're to have one, it might as well be blue with orange piping.

I don't think the Mets need an alt. But I recognize that they think they need an alt, and if they're to have one, it might as well be blue with orange piping.

Thats what I was trying to say. Thanks (**)

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't mind the Mets in black. I think their problem is that they can't commit to a look - they want to be both blue/orange AND blue/orange/black. I'd be happy if they went in either direction but honestly the Mets could reasonably do blue/orange/black if they REALLY committed to it.

330zl3b.png

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't mind the Mets in black. I think their problem is that they can't commit to a look - they want to be both blue/orange AND blue/orange/black. I'd be happy if they went in either direction but honestly the Mets could reasonably do blue/orange/black if they REALLY committed to it.

They REALLY committed to it when they first introduced it. It looked terrible, in my opinion.

Thats what I was trying to say. Thanks (**)

That's exactly it. No, they don't need one, but if they're going to have it no matter what, it may as well be what they wore last night, sans the "LOS" of course.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Well, no MLB team needs an alt. But I think the Mets could benefit from retaining one. I mean that's really the only thing they have going for them in NY. They are the "fashionable but crappy" team and the Yankees are the "boring-looking but excellent" team. I think that when you share a city with the Yankees then you need to do certain things to attract fans; if that means having more colorful or a variety of jerseys and hats, then so be it.

And even other than that, the blue jersey with orange piping looks great, not to mention very unique. I didn't realize how good it would look until I actually saw it.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

That looks amazing!

Mets1.jpg

Mets2.jpg

If the Mets make this the new alternate, drop the black hats & jerseys (but at least keep the accents on the scripts), the Mets will own one of the best uniform sets in baseball. They're SO close.

That looks amazing!

Mets1.jpg

Mets2.jpg

If the Mets make this the new alternate, drop the black hats & jerseys (but at least keep the accents on the scripts), the Mets will own one of the best uniform sets in baseball. They're SO close.

This set looks really really sharp. I didn't think I'd like a blue Mets jersey that much. That being said they shouldn't ditch the black, they should just add a blue set.

Will the Yankees ever have an alternate?

I was a little dissapointed when they took the small bit of red they had on the hat and jersey in the MLB logo out for grey, which is just the de-facto away uniform color. Their main logo has red white and blue in it, yet they now have no red except in that logo.

Before they eliminated the red, and I guess even now, a red alternate would be possible. But that is probably out of consideration, don't see them adding that ever.

What about a navy blue alternate? That seems to be the most likely alternate if they would ever go with one. Something similar to the BP jersey without the stupid stripes or whatever those are.

I would love to see a solid navy with some white, and either the interlocking NY or the Yankees script they have would look cool. Now that George has passed away, is this any more likely?

Or are they stuck in the tradition and no change is in sight?

Just something I was thinking of recently and wanted to throw it out there.

2ly2w09.jpg

And courtesy of Mets Police, here's the front:

444E588D-FE78-46CA-AFF7-51D5609A2F4B5.jpg

Very boring, this looks bland without black.

I couldn't disagree more. These are a thing of beauty and hopefully it was a trial run for next year seeing how it will be their 50th anniversary I can see them make big changes to their uniforms.

3535rx3.jpg

Archived