MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

Would Yankee fans be okay with noncolored alternate jerseys? Such as a cream or regular white pinstriped alt with the YANKEES script across the front?

I'm not going to say totally not opposed, but I'm not sure I would support it, either. (It took me 40+ years to get me to the point I am now - see previous page.) Let me mull it over.

As a diehard Yankee fan I wouldn't like that at all. I've had mixed feelings about a Yankee alternate over the years, but I don't think I would ever want to see them wear an alt at home. Perhaps a navy blue road alt of some sort, or even a grey vest alt with the NY over the heart on the road would be better, IMO. I proabbly also wouldn't mind if they changed the road uniforms completely. I understand that they've remained almost the same all these years (except for adding the outline behind the letters and at the end of the sleeves back in the early 70's or whenever it was), but I think I've gotten to the point where I can't stand seeing them play in those plain, bland greys on the road.

I really, really hope lots of Mariner fans let the team know how much the teal-billed cap is missed.

I let them know what I thought, but the reply they sent me felt like a brush off. :cry:

Agreed wholeheartedly. What was the response you got?

As for the KC changes, I really like the Royals' set a lot as it is, so hopefully they don't change it too much. I might be in the minority, but I also liked back in the early 2000's when they had the black.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dodgers wearing Brooklyn caps/helmets tonight (8/9 vs Phillies). Is this because they gave away Duke Snider bobbleheads?

6027997428_28b132d436_z.jpg

Would be nice if the B didn't look like the Red Sox's logo. The old Brooklyn one looks kind of look an old tacky pair of sunglasses tilted on the side.

284401_10150283390582451_5768707450_7603658_2592619_n.jpg

I'm a little disappointed that the Phils didn't wear a throwback today like (I think) all of the other teams the Dodgers played this year while wearing their '44 throwbacks. I thought it would have been awesome if the Phils wore their '44-'45 "Blue Jays" jerseys for this game. Would have looked really good, IMO.

nl_1945_philadelphia.gif

Dodgers wearing Brooklyn caps/helmets tonight (8/9 vs Phillies). Is this because they gave away Duke Snider bobbleheads?

6027997428_28b132d436_z.jpg

Would be nice if the B didn't look like the Red Sox's logo. The old Brooklyn one looks kind of look an old tacky pair of sunglasses tilted on the side.

It'd be nice if they could just actually get the Brooklyn logo RIGHT. The one we see now (and in recent memory) and associate with the Brooklyn Dodgers is just incorrect, and it drives me crazy. I believe the reason is because the logo they use now is what MLB has in the style guide for Brooklyn. It would just be nice that a sport that is so emphatic on preserving and celebrating their history can't get one of the most iconic logos in history correct.

Here it is:

"Thanks for the email. We appreciate hearing from the fans and really do read every email. This season the Mariners brought back the teal jerseys as part of the Go Green nights. As for the hats with the teal brims, there is currently no plans to change the game hats, however they do utilize those hats for batting practice. Those hats can be purchased at any of the Mariners team stores. Again thanks for taking the time to contact us. Go Mariners.

Seattle Mariners Fancare"

Not too encouraging, is it? :wacko:

Here it is:

"Thanks for the email. We appreciate hearing from the fans and really do read every email. This season the Mariners brought back the teal jerseys as part of the Go Green nights. As for the hats with the teal brims, there is currently no plans to change the game hats, however they do utilize those hats for batting practice. Those hats can be purchased at any of the Mariners team stores. Again thanks for taking the time to contact us. Go Mariners.

Seattle Mariners Fancare"

Not too encouraging, is it? :wacko:

Well. We'll see what they are adding in about a month and change.

Haven't seen a thread about this, but the Twins wore their 'M' cap with their cream unis this past weekend against the ChiSox. I can't remember them wearing it in recent memory. I believe this was the first time they have worn that cap since 2009, let alone at home or at Target Field.

Haven't seen a thread about this, but the Twins wore their 'M' cap with their cream unis this past weekend against the ChiSox. I can't remember them wearing it in recent memory. I believe this was the first time they have worn that cap since 2009, let alone at home or at Target Field.

The caps stayed in the set, but the Twins haven't worn those caps since they updated last year. The caps were worn this weekend for the 20th anniversary of the '91 team. Seeing as how they came up with a script wordmark which inexplicably doesn't match the home script (which the M logo does/did), the M cap is probably better off left in the past.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The caps stayed in the set, but the Twins haven't worn those caps since they updated last year. The caps were worn this weekend for the 20th anniversary of the '91 team. Seeing as how they came up with a script wordmark which inexplicably doesn't match the home script (which the M logo does/did), the M cap is probably better off left in the past.

Yeah, it doesn't really look like it belongs with the current unis at all. But it was kind of fun to see them wear it!

If the yankees were to add a alternate jersey that is tasteful, along with an alternate hat, they could get away with it. But it would have to be rarely used, like Wednesday Night on ESPN games, or somethign like that. AND NEVER IN YANKEE STADIUM. Only Worn on the road, but listed as a home/road alt.

Okay ... Forget having an 'alternate' uniform set for the Yanks (like a navy jersey)... and I can't believe that it hasn't been taken into consideration before, but ............ why not the late 20s away throwback??

If the Montreal Canadiens wore various throwbacks a few seasons ago in place of their 'holy pajama', I don't think the Yankees are above doing the same.

I would absolutely love to see the Yankees wear their 1927 away uniforms, and could possibly agree with your 'NEVER IN YANKEE STADIUM' plead, although I don't see the crime if they wore their 1919-1921 Polo Grounds home set at Yankee Stadium with the pinstriped cap and navy lid, it still the same logo since the late Highlanders days ...

The '27 NYY are regarded by baseball purists as the greatest team ever, so why not honor them and wear their away throwback?

The Yankees have undergone the least amount of uniform changes or tweaks than probably any MLB team. Yet from 1927 through 1930 they had 'YANKEES' on their away uniforms. Their 1920's teams are legendary, especially 1927, and those read 'YANKEES' away ...

They could wear them occasionally, but ONLY against AL clubs that existed pre WWII (or in interleague) .... just no expansion teams like Toronto, Angels, NYM, etc.

As I mentioned in the football thread, it was such a treat in 2009 when both teams were wearing throwbacks against one another, rather than just the home team.

How cool would it be to see the Yankees play the Athletics in Oakland wearing their 20s style caps with the lower front shield and curved visor, and the A's wearing their 1927 uniforms with the elephant logo and their 1927 or 1929 cap? I think it'd be awesome!! The A's have a storied history too, not to the extent of the Yanks, but I found it a downright impressive gesture from Oakland management when they wore the '29 Philly throwbacks at home against the Chisox a few seasons ago.

This would be great to see at selected away games .... Chisox, Baltimore (in St L Browns gear), Minnesota (in Senators 'W' gear), Detroit, Boston, and the Tribe.

new-york-yankees-1927-chronicle-franchise-cap-gallery.jpg5627125459_20932e9a7a.jpg

I'm pretty sure the Athletics didn't have a cap logo until their WS season in '29. I couldn't find a home white photo, only the gray away in the Ty Cobb photo, but it wouldn't be a crime to cheat and wear their 1927 uni's with the 1929 cap. Either cap would work.

I say '27 because I think Philly only wore the elephant logo in place of the 'A' for one season in 1927??

AAAAC0kJVsoAAAAAABm0jA.jpg?v=1229263700000p-53586-ty-cobb-philadelphia-athletics-8x10-photo-sepia-posed-with-bat-hf-9243.jpg

Mets are making several small changes. Doesn't look like blue alts are involved.

With the very positive response and the owner's cash flow problems, the blue jersey will happen. Remember, they have the Commissioner's people running the team now. There will be some back-channel discussions to make the blue jersey an alt for 2012.

Frankly, this is not a bad thing. The black jerseys, while a nice change 13 years ago, are getting on most people's nerves and their time is up. Besides, the Wilpons are broke, and the Commissioner's office will literally let them do anything to bring money and give an appearance of solvency. We as Mets fans can only be thankful that they seemingly have skipped the era when powder blue was the cool color.

They even put the accent over the "e." Nice.

18ea45007f06fe789013e90e5365c87a-getty-121152135.jpg

If you're going to do a Latin night, Oakland, San Francisco, and Milwaukee have it right. There's nothing more patronizing that just slapping "los" on and calling it a day. The NBA is especially bad with that.

VmWIn6B.png

The NBA is especially bad with that.

I'm not of any latin decent at all and even I feel offended at those "el heat" and "los bulls" jerseys. Talk about pandering.

And those 9/11 caps are perfect. I think that's a much better choice than the stars and stripes set they wear on July 4th.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Archived