MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

Yuck. But the fact that they're going out there in blue is a good sign for next season being a blue and orange alt (right? right? :grin: )

I has been stated that the Mets will be using a blue alt on a limited basis next season, so you are in luck, however there were no announcements of an orange jersey.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved those blue jerseys when they first came out (2005 IIRC), if they have to use black then that's how to do it. Pair them with the proper hat and you have a winner. (Of course the "Los Mets" jerseys sans "Los" are preferable though.)

This is the first time the Mets have worn these in a game, right?

Is Lukas in the hospital after this one? Someone should check on the guy and make sure he's okay.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Mets made the correct cap decision for this jersey and I think it looked pretty good. Not as good as a totally blue/orange alternate with the blue cap would look, but for what they were working with they looked pretty good. The all-blue cap would have looked out of place with as much black as there is on the BP jersey. It may not be ideal, but I think this shows that a blue Mets alt jersey will look good.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Mets made the correct cap decision for this jersey and I think it looked pretty good. Not as good as a totally blue/orange alternate with the blue cap would look, but for what they were working with they looked pretty good. The all-blue cap would have looked out of place with as much black as there is on the BP jersey. It may not be ideal, but I think this shows that a blue Mets alt jersey will look good.

I would have had the road hat on. I think the blue brim would have made it look a lil better

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Is Lukas in the hospital after this one? Someone should check on the guy and make sure he's okay.

Unbelievably, Lukas was actually at the game. He wrote about it yesterday. Needless to say, he didn't like it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

It should be in the rotation next year. It can't be a regular alternate, but they could call a game "NY heritage night" or something dumb like that and wear it a handful of times next year, they just can't wear it as much as other teams wear alts, which is unlimited. Either way, it is great to finally see the Mets returning. All that remains of the black will be alt caps and jerseys next year, and those might be gone by 2013.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It should be in the rotation next year. It can't be a regular alternate, but they could call a game "NY heritage night" or something dumb like that and wear it a handful of times next year, they just can't wear it as much as other teams wear alts, which is unlimited. Either way, it is great to finally see the Mets returning. All that remains of the black will be alt caps and jerseys next year, and those might be gone by 2013.

I heard/read they are going to change the home jerseys a lil next year because of the 50th anniversary

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Archived