MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The road hat would have looked a little better, but those Mets jerseys looked fine, considering they were BP jerseys. It's always nice to see the Mets move towards blue.
This is how it would have looked with the Road Hat. Resampled_2011-08-31_20-11-26_141.jpg

Same reason the guy in the camo vest is making his identical twin brothers sit in different rows.

LOL just noticed basketball boy has a twin brother as well.

Did you guys not even notice the sweet mullet on the left of the player?

on shop.mlb the Mets Home, Home Alt and Away are on Sale. but not the Black Alt. I know they said they are going to keep it around since they went to the World Series in them

What a terrible reason to keep a terrible jersey...

Welll, this is interesting. Apparently the Brewers' gold Cerveceros jerseys were so popular, the team has decided to make an English-language version, and will wear it next Saturday against the Phillies:

http://brewers.mlblogs.com/2011/09/01/on-september-10th-brewers-fans-have-gotta-go-gold/

Could this foreshadow a switch to a gold home alt for 2012?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

on shop.mlb the Mets Home, Home Alt and Away are on Sale. but not the Black Alt. I know they said they are going to keep it around since they went to the World Series in them

...especially since the Mets have been a punchline more recently in them.

Blue alternate at home, orange alternate on the road, script New York on the regular roads, no black. Replace the two black hats with a blue crown/orange brim one. It shouldn't be so hard, Mets.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Yeah, they actually WON a world series in racing stripes, and those weren't kept around (luckily). From what I read, I got the impression the black jerseys will be eliminated after 2012. Or at least, kept around as official jerseys but not worn.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

...especially since the Mets have been a punchline more recently in them.

Blue alternate at home, orange alternate on the road, script New York on the regular roads, no black. Replace the two black hats with a blue crown/orange brim one. It shouldn't be so hard, Mets.

That's the first time I've heard of a darker jersey proposed for home and a lighter jersey proposed for the road. Doesn't really make much sense for them to have an orange jersey. They're thought of primarily as a blue team with some orange trim, not really an "orange and blue" team (IMO).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They're thought of primarily as a blue team with some orange trim, not really an "orange and blue" team (IMO).

Well, the lyric in "Meet the Mets" says that the fans are true to the orange and blue, but that's just because nothing rhymes with orange.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They're thought of primarily as a blue team with some orange trim, not really an "orange and blue" team (IMO).

Well, the lyric in "Meet the Mets" says that the fans are true to the orange and blue, but that's just because nothing rhymes with orange.

Syringe and (door) hinge are two words that rhyme with orange. Of course those aren't words that are easy to get into a baseball song!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived