National Lacrosse League 25th Anniversary logo

Viper

I'd like this logo more if (1) the league logo itself didn't have such a slapdash look, and (2) it really was the NLL's 25th anniversary, which, strictly speaking, it's not. (The league didn't start calling itself the NLL until 1998.)

CCSLC signature.png

It's been 25 years already? That makes me feel really old.

But seriously, 25 years is kind of a stretch----the NLL began as the Eagle Pro Box League, then the M.I.L.L., then the NLL.

The BUFFALO BANDITS and PHILADELPHIA WINGS are the only MILL teams left. Franchises have failed in lax hotbeds: Baltimore, DC, Long Island, New Jersey, NYC, Syracuse and Albany. As well as Columbus OH, Detroit and Pittsburgh.

Kudos to Buffalo and Philly fans.

But 25 years? 2010-25=1985. 1986 is OK. 1987 is a biiiig stretch.

I agree with the point that the NLL should come up with a new logo for the league, but I have no issue with this logo.

It serves it's purpose and it's not horribly ugly.

I don't love, but I don't hate it. It's just ok.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Franchises have failed in lax hotbeds: Baltimore, DC, Long Island, New Jersey, NYC, Syracuse and Albany

I think this is due to it being during field lax season. I mean NLL teams have to compete against, in the respective cities you ordered, Johns Hopkins, Maryland, Navy, UMBC, Loyola, Towson (that's Baltimore alone), Georgetown, Hofstra, Stony Brook, Princeton, Rutgers, Syracuse, Cornell, Albany, Siena and not to mention a huge amount of high schools in field lacrosse. Not to mention all those schools (save Rutgers) have made the NCAA Tournament fairly consistently. The hotbeds are mainly geared towards field lacrosse, which is why you see other areas have more success with indoor lacrosse.

As for the logo itself, I kinda like how the crest is sorta like a lacrosse head. I think the mesh texture in the background gives it that kind of look. The main league logo looks kinda out of place, however.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

It's been 25 years already? That makes me feel really old.

But seriously, 25 years is kind of a stretch----the NLL began as the Eagle Pro Box League, then the M.I.L.L., then the NLL.

The BUFFALO BANDITS and PHILADELPHIA WINGS are the only MILL teams left. Franchises have failed in lax hotbeds: Baltimore, DC, Long Island, New Jersey, NYC, Syracuse and Albany. As well as Columbus OH, Detroit and Pittsburgh.

Kudos to Buffalo and Philly fans.

But 25 years? 2010-25=1985. 1986 is OK. 1987 is a biiiig stretch.

The Rochester Knighthawks also played in the MILL, and they won the last MILL title in 1997. The franchise which is in Denver started out as the Baltimore Thunder, then went to become the Pittsburgh Crossfire, then the Washington Power before finding a home in Denver as the Colorado Mammoth, so they are also an MILL team, actually a Eagle Pro team.

n0fd1z6xmhigb0eej3323ebwq.gifi40oxcdbo7xtfamqqhqachoyo.gif

Archived