2010 World Series Preview

NJTank

Lol just keep picking against the rangers bud.

Have you not watching Colby Lewis pitch? At all?

You were saying?

Lol, to be technical, I was right about Colby. ;) I don't get, though, how rubbing my nose in it is productive at all.

Gotta tip my hat to the Giants. They outdid the Rangers in every aspect of the Series.

I will provide a rebuttal to Saintsfan, though. It is kinda hard to say the Rangers are streaky when they exhibited the best hitting in baseball from May to the ALCS. It was more about the Giants shutting them down (Bumgarner surprised me especially) than the down part of Texas' "streaky play".

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

My point vic was that the Rangers line up seems to rely on a few big bats, and the likes of Young, Molina etc didn't bring it during the World Series. Some of that is obviously the Giants pitching. But the best offense of 2010 didn't bring it to the fall classic.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I will provide a rebuttal to Saintsfan, though. It is kinda hard to say the Rangers are streaky when they exhibited the best hitting in baseball from May to the ALCS. It was more about the Giants shutting them down (Bumgarner surprised me especially) than the down part of Texas' "streaky play".

See, this is where I disagree. The bats were off the entire series, as they have tended to be at times throughout the year... this Rangers offense absolutely ran hot and cold throughout the season. It´s the kind of team that would put 7-8 a game for a week up against great teams, and then put 13 over a 5 game span (and go 1-4 in the process). This team never looked settled throughout the series, and they were chasing everything all over the plate. The Giants pitchers were smart enough not to give them anything to hit... Cain kept feeding them fastballs out of the zone knowing they'd go after them, Lincecum was smart enough to keep throwing that split finger down out of the zone last night when everyone in the stadium, save the Rangers hitters, knew it was coming.

The Giants brought it in every way and, although I hate cliches, because they're often insipid, they just seemed to want it more. They absolutely deserved it.

My point vic was that the Rangers line up seems to rely on a few big bats, and the likes of Young, Molina etc didn't bring it during the World Series. Some of that is obviously the Giants pitching. But the best offense of 2010 didn't bring it to the fall classic.

Absolutely true, except nobody really brought it forthe Series, save Mitch Moreland. Rangers fell behind, got desperate, and played poorly.

Again, the Giants straight up beat them. I never denied that. ;-)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Comparing the Giants batting line up to the Rangers though, my point in picking the series is in the Giants line up you kind of think someone will get on and start the offense, with the Rangers, the line up is built a bit differently and seems to hinge on a few guys and how they do. I just think in the heat of a world series, generally, a team of batters will beat a team of hitters, if you get what I mean.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived