Fictional Team Logos

Anubis2051

Mighty Ducks 2 is a wealth of uniforms and logos.

Missed a couple.

Thanks for putting up the rest of those. As to Iceland, I suppose with Mighty Ducks 2 coming out in 1994 there was some confusion on the studio's part trying to find a country that would have been intimidating on the level of the USSR. I don't know that Iceland was the right choice, but it made for some hilarious moments like the team chanting "EESLAND!!!" ferociously after every timeout.

Tag_by_Grungefan.png

|NFL - Colts|MLB - Cubs|NHL - Blackhawks|NBA - Pacers|NCAA - Butler|EPL - Chelsea FC|MLS - Timbers|

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the original Most Valuable Primate today, just so that i could see what jerseys there were.

Nelson Nuggets- Bruins Pooh Bear

Kitimat Tigers- Kings Gretzky era black

Vernon Vikings- Kings Pre-Edge Black

Calgary Polar Bears- Capitals blue

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Another Star Trek baseball team, the London Kings, who will win the World Series twice, in 2032 and 2042.

393px-Buck_bokai.jpg

Apparently there's a little bit of a debate as to where this team plays. London, UK or London, ON, Canada? Who knows.

*pre-orders season tickets*

I see no maple leaf, and since all Canadian teams are required by law to have one prominently displayed at all times, I conclude that this team is in the UK.

Or possibly in West Virginia.

The Seattle Simians of the ZHL (Most Vertical Primate)

Screenshot2011-10-09at115939PM.pngScreenshot2011-10-09at115858PM.pngScreenshot2011-10-09at115846PM.pngScreenshot2011-10-09at115832PM.png

CCMeralls?

Inline hockey pants. They are just really baggy pants. No padding in them at all. You still have to where shin pads under them as well as a light weight hockey pants.

yes not cooperalls they are inline hockey pants.. figured I comment as I was just tossing mine in my bag on my way to my roller hockey game now lol

• 5 years later...

I thought that it might be alright to revive a thread whose last post was five and a half years ago.

There is a great new show on IFC called Brockmire.  It is a comedy starring Hank Azaria as Jim Brockmire, an announcer who used to work for a Major League team in Kansas City, but who had an on-air meltdown and got fired.  He roamed the world, engaging in all manner of depravity; and he is now back in baseball in Morristown, Pennsylvania working for the minor-league Morristown Frackers.  (When Brockmire comments on how bad a name that is, the team's owner explains that the former name had been the Morristown Savages.)

The show is very sharply-written; and the delivery of Azaria, in a Bob Murphy style, is priceless.  (He talks like that all the time, even when he is having sex.)

Here are the Frackers' uniforms:

The coolest motha Frackers on the planet... ? @funnyordie @ifc #brockmire

Image result for frackers brockmire

Image result for frackers brockmire uniforms

So far we've only seen the home uniforms.  The producers have done a good job creating a nice set that is believably cheesy, but is also attractive in its own right.  But, from what I have seen so far, the show has put a lot less effort into the uniforms of the opposing teams.

Also, Azaria's own garb is noteworthy.  He models his delivery as Brockmire on Bob Murphy; but his attire clearly draws its inspiration from Lindsey Nelson.

Image result for brockmire azaria    Image result for "lindsey nelson" mets

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I thought that it might be alright to revive a thread whose last post was five and a half years ago.

There is a great new show on IFC called Brockmire.  It is a comedy starring Hank Azaria as Jim Brockmire, an announcer who used to work for a Major League team in Kansas City, but who had an on-air meltdown and got fired.  He roamed the world, engaging in all manner of depravity; and he is now back in baseball in Morristown, Pennsylvania working for the minor-league Morristown Frackers.  (When Brockmire comments on how bad a name that is, the team's owner explains that the former name had been the Morristown Savages.)

The show is very sharply-written; and the delivery of Azaria, in a Bob Murphy style, is priceless.  (He talks like that all the time, even when he is having sex.)

Here are the Frackers' uniforms:

The coolest motha Frackers on the planet... ? @funnyordie @ifc #brockmire

Image result for frackers brockmire

Image result for frackers brockmire uniforms

So far we've only seen the home uniforms.  The producers have done a good job creating a nice set that is believably cheesy, but is also attractive in its own right.  But, from what I have seen so far, the show has put a lot less effort into the uniforms of the opposing teams.

Also, Azaria's own garb is noteworthy.  He models his delivery as Brockmire on Bob Murphy; but his attire clearly draws its inspiration from Lindsay Nelson.

Image result for brockmire azaria  

Hilarious show! I caught the first two episodes last week.

14 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

Hilarious show! I caught the first two episodes last week.

I DVR'd and hope to catch up this weekend.  No spoilers!!!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I cant wait to watch this series - I love Azaria's work. The brown and gold unis just seal the deal. 

Agreed . . . on both points.

Azaria impresses me more and more all the time.  IMHO opinion, his most underrated character is Claude the diving instructor in "Along Came Polly."

Claude: It's like zee story of zee heeppo.

Reuben Feffer: I'm not familiar with that story.

Claude: Zee heeppopotamoose, he is not born saying, "Cool beans. I am a heeppo." No way, Joesay. So he try to paint zee stripe on him to be like zee zebra, but he fool no one. Then he try to put zee spot on zee skin to be like the leopard, but everyboody know he is a heeppo. So, at certain point, he look himself in zee mirror and he just say, "Hey. I am a heeppopotamoose and zere is nothing I can do about it." As soon as he accepts zis, he live life happy. Happy as a heeppo. You understand zis, Luban?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 10/10/2011 at 2:02 AM, Ice_Cap said:

I still find it funny that Iceland's hockey team was cast as the unstoppable baddies in Mighty Ducks 2.

It still bugs me that they started using Fulton instead of Reed for his jersey. 

Glad somebody revived this. Looking through all the past posts was great. Gotta say my favorite is the Hickory Huskers from Hoosiers. I mean an NBA team has a uniform set based on those fictional jerseys, so they gotta be at least halfway decent.

spacer.png

Archived