The GAP's new logo

BadSeed84

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a logo for a software company or isp or something. The lowercase letters in the circle "retro" logo they had was best, but yeah that one was pretty recognizeable.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's one of the worst downgrades I've ever seen. I mean...really? this is serious, right?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is easily the best example I've seen of a company ruining their brand.

An absolutely horrific redesign.

My least favorite still goes to when Pizza Hut changed, but this is terrible too.

The new logo looks like it was created in PowerPoint by someone who only had 45 seconds to come up with something. I can't believe someone was paid to come up with this and that it was the winning choice when all was said and done.

It just completes the transformation of Gap from American Classic to American Apparel® Ripoff.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It just completes the transformation of Gap from American Classic to American Apparel® Ripoff.

American Apparel is the first thing I thought of when I saw that. Of course, the Gap caters to a crowd that apparently thinks bland is cool, so maybe they know what they're doing.

The in-store signage is a pretty blatant ripoff of the American Apparel® aesthetic (Helvetica Heavy, colored black, left-aligned).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Downgrade? Really? Okay, first of all you have to have a good logo for it to be a downgrade. GAP's original logo was far from a good logo. Iconic? What, because it's been around for 20 years or so? This is like saying the Clippers logo and the Clippers are iconic and that the new Clippers logo, uniforms, and team are a downgrade from the previous one. Um, sorry. But when you start with crap, and change to crap, it's still crap. That is exactly what the GAP logos are.

Seems like Gap has taken the stance of requesting designs from the community, in other words, a bit of spec work. Twitter is buzzing throughout the design community to take a stand against it...

yea ive also seen the crowd sourcing links. my advice to every designer is NOT to do it! let the GAP lie in the bed they've made, unless they're paying you. i dont think ive ever seen so many people tweeting about one topic before, especially a logo. from David Airey to myself, i just have to laugh about all the wide spread negativity.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived