NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

Redskins were 'standard' burgundy jerseys, white pants against Green Bay. The NFL uniform rules don't govern how many times a team can wear a certain set of pants, do they? (I assume not, then how else would you explain St. Louis and Tennessee?)

I thought they were keeping the gold for home games, now I'm just guessing that the superstitions of the coach and/or players decided to stick with what won last week in Philly.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time again for this week's "make Dennis Bergan's head explode" post.

Best looking games this week...we have another tie for the top game this week...

1a. Chiefs - Colts: This is what an NFL game is supposed to look like. Classy, professional uniforms.

Chiefs_Colts_Football.sff_72251_game.jpg

1b. Giants - Texans: The Texans home uniforms have really grown on me this season. The more I see them the more I like them. Too bad they're going to ruin it at some point this season by going all navy. The Giants always look great (as long as they never wear that red alt again.)

Giants_Texans_Football.sff_72291_game.jpg

2. Bears - Panthers: Great match up of classic and modern. The Panthers look is proof that a "modern" uniform doesn't need to be a clown suit. The Bears simply have the best "home" uniform in the NFL. Absolute perfection.

Bears_Panthers_Football.sff_72241_game.jpg

3. Packers - Redskins: If Washington would have worn the gold pants this one would have gotten the top spot this week. Is it possible the Redskins went with white simply because the Packers were wearing "gold" pants?

4. Eagles - 49ers: The Eagles are another example of how a "modern" uniform can still look good.

Worst looking games this week...only two truly awful match ups this week.

1. Jaguars - Bills: Speaks for itself...

Jaguars_Bills_Football.sff_72248_game.jpg

2. Broncos - Ravens: If you like fonts for the sake of fonts, weird helmet stripes, and ugly-ass "modern" uniforms then this was the game for you.

BB52Big.jpg

While I couldn't disagree more with your five best (except for one half of each of 3 and 4) I totally agree with your two worst.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, those are pretty boring "best" matchups. In that case, my local high school probably hosts the best uniform matchup every weekend. :)

Not sure where you live, but around here the high schools wear monochrome clown suits. They wouldn't be caught dead in something as nice as the colts / chiefs.

Wow, that Jags/Bills game is like a train wreck of bad uniforms, but unlike an actual train wreck, this one I can look away from.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Not sure where you live, but around here the high schools wear monochrome clown suits. They wouldn't be caught dead in something as nice as the colts / chiefs.

So, dark uniforms worn together are "clown suits"? But light uniforms worn together are "classy"?

Typical CreamerBoard idiocy.

Guess what? Monochrome is cool and is "in". Wearing 1970's, drab looking threads like the Chiefs are not. The Chiefs uniforms look like ass. Especially in those boring all whites. They are as boring looking as their team is on the field. I understand they score points here with the "traditionalists", who think everybody looked better 40 years ago and that "throwbacks" are a fresh idea (which they AREN'T; they are just the typical NFL way of being lazy and un-original with their ideas).

Should every team wear monochromes for 16 games a year? Of course not. But there is ABSOLUTLEY nothing wrong with most of the teams that do wear them during the course of a year. If anything, there are a few teams that SHOULD wear them that either don't or very, very rarely have (Vikings, Ravens-purple with black, Eagles and Rams come to mind). The Eagles in particular, would look kick ass in all green.

And there is nothing wrong with the Jaguars uniforms. Clean. Crisp. Little striping. Very modern and a uniform that most players under the age of 30 in the country would like to wear.

The Bills are a trainwreck though.

So, dark uniforms worn together are "clown suits"? But light uniforms worn together are "classy"?

Guess what? Monochrome is cool and is "in". Wearing 1970's, drab looking threads like the Chiefs are not. The Chiefs uniforms look like ass. Especially in those boring all whites. They are as boring looking as their team is on the field. I understand they score points here with the "traditionalists", who think everybody looked better 40 years ago and that "throwbacks" are a fresh idea (which they AREN'T; they are just the typical NFL way of being lazy and un-original with their ideas).

Should every team wear monochromes for 16 games a year? Of course not. But there is ABSOLUTLEY nothing wrong with most of the teams that do wear them during the course of a year. If anything, there are a few teams that SHOULD wear them that either don't or very, very rarely have (Vikings, Ravens-purple with black, Eagles and Rams come to mind). The Eagles in particular, would look kick ass in all green.

And there is nothing wrong with the Jaguars uniforms. Clean. Crisp. Little striping. Very modern and a uniform that most players under the age of 30 in the country would like to wear.

Do you even read the opinions of the people you claim to disagree with? infrared41 pointed out three modern uniforms he liked, the Texans, Eagles, and Panthers. There are some traditionalists who praise every old uniform blindly, but most of the more vocals one are not those types of traditionalists. We like quite a few modern uniforms. It's the hideous ones, the Bills, Jags, Falcons, Cardinals, Bengals, and Falcons, that we call clown suits. It's not about wanting every team to look like they did 40 years ago, it's about wanting teams to look good.

As for what's "in," well that doesn't mean it looks good. In fact what's "in" almost always looks terrible next to timeless looks.

You do realize that the Bills' uniform set is the logical culmination of all the uniform trends you champion, right?

As I was saying... B)

Dennis Bergan has spoken.

Be sure to tune in again next week for another exciting episode...

BB52Big.jpg

I have to admit that I really get a kick out of how my uniform preferences make some people so angry. Seriously folks, it's just my opinion. It's not like I'm in charge of NFL uniform policies or something. I like classic looks and boring all white uniforms. Sue me.

BB52Big.jpg

I have to admit that I really get a kick out of how my uniform preferences make some people so angry. Seriously folks, it's just my opinion. It's not like I'm in charge of NFL uniform policies or something. I like classic looks and boring all white uniforms. Sue me.

See you in court then, MISTER! :P

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

You will be hearing from my lawyers...

See you in court then, MISTER! :P

You will be hearing from my lawyers...

Bring it on boys. My sister-in-law is a partner in a law firm. She'll represent me for free. :P

BB52Big.jpg

I saw Aqib Talib's pink socks in person. 1, the pink the NFL is using, at the very least the pink that Talib used isn't the soft pink that is normally used for breast cancer. It's more of a fuschia. 2, Talib's socks were annoying to look at. It was a sunny day and they were shining in the sun. They kept flashing when he was on the field and it bugged me. I wonder if he got a fine for that stunt.

Also, yesterday was the first time I've seen the Buccaneers live and their uniforms are beautiful in person. The pewter pants and helmets are really dynamic and the orange and red pop off of them. With the way the sun was shining they looked really good. I wish the game turned out better for me, however. :evil:

PvO6ZWJ.png

Best looking games this week...we have another tie for the top game this week...

1a. Chiefs - Colts: This is what an NFL game is supposed to look like. Classy, professional uniforms.

Chiefs_Colts_Football.sff_72251_game.jpg

1b. Giants - Texans: The Texans home uniforms have really grown on me this season. The more I see them the more I like them. Too bad they're going to ruin it at some point this season by going all navy. The Giants always look great (as long as they never wear that red alt again.)

Giants_Texans_Football.sff_72291_game.jpg

2. Bears - Panthers: Great match up of classic and modern. The Panthers look is proof that a "modern" uniform doesn't need to be a clown suit. The Bears simply have the best "home" uniform in the NFL. Absolute perfection.

Bears_Panthers_Football.sff_72241_game.jpg

3. Packers - Redskins: If Washington would have worn the gold pants this one would have gotten the top spot this week. Is it possible the Redskins went with white simply because the Packers were wearing "gold" pants?

4. Eagles - 49ers: The Eagles are another example of how a "modern" uniform can still look good.

Worst looking games this week...only two truly awful match ups this week.

1. Jaguars - Bills: Speaks for itself...

Jaguars_Bills_Football.sff_72248_game.jpg

2. Broncos - Ravens: If you like fonts for the sake of fonts, weird helmet stripes, and ugly-ass "modern" uniforms then this was the game for you.

I'd switch the Broncos and Ravens from the worst for Chiefs and Colts.

The Jaguars uniform isn't bad.

Here is my best and worst.

Worst

1. Chiefs vs Colts

2. Titans vs Cowboys

3. Saints vs Cardinals

4. Vikings vs Jets

5. Rams vs Lions

Best

1. Bears vs Panthers

2. Chargers vs Raiders

3. Buccaneers vs Bengals