NFL Awards Nike uniform & sideline apparel rights

GottaDeal

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming the NFL will waive it's rule about how often you can change your uniforms? They'd almost have to do it.

Why?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1.) I can't see the NFL giving up all that possible merchandise sales.

2.) I can't see Nike being happy about not being able to put out all new designs for their "grand entrance" into the NFL.

3.) Wouldn't Nike putting all the jerseys onto their jersey style be considered new jerseys anyways?

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Which NFL team do you guys think goes absolutely "Nikefied" out first?

The Rams. I can just see them doing it as a cry for attention.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Don't the teams have the control of their identities? Nike / Reebok can bring all the wacky designs to the table that they want, but it's up to the team to decide if that's the image that they want or not. I can't believe that the league would do anything dumb like give Nike free creative control over the whole process, or put in the contract that each team will wear a wacky Nikefied uniform at least once per season.

Exactly! Nike just helps teams with uniform design. The teams still have to approve it.

I don't know about jerseys, but I think this would be a bad move for the sideline apparel. I absolutely love Reebok's sideline apparel (the quality, comfortableness, etc., not so omuch the designs.) and I would miss that. Besides, Nike charges way too much for their clothing.

Reebok is lazy with their sideline apparel. They can't even use the team's custom fonts. The lettering on every team's gear is exactly the same. It's very generic and bland.

I am all for this!

I like how Adidas is coming along for the NCAA right now, but with all respect, I think Nike started it.

But it was bound to happen sooner or later.

I think Reebok may be slowly going into extinction after the Nike deal goes into affect.

I think the NFL is by far their biggest market with the NHL a close second. I believe the CFL is Reebok as well, am I wrong?

I mean in my opinion Reebok mine as well be Adidas by now.

As for the whole Nike/New Era thing.

I definitely like New Era as the cap supplier. Definitely makes sense. Who doesn't/hasn't wear/worn New Era caps? It would be great for New Era as well, right now it's hard to find new era NFL caps. I think the demand is high for nice quality NFL caps.

As for Nike with the Uniforms... I like change, so I'm always cool with a potential league-wide change.

It just gets me excited. As long as the Browns keep a blank helmet, I really have no complaints.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I believe the CFL is Reebok as well, am I wrong?

Actually i think is Russell :P

Edit: Is Reebok, but this isn´t to reebok for me, only for the logo.

5072132237_9694ef48e3.jpg

I always thought why the leagues in USA deals a contract for all the teams, and don´t let the teams deal by themself like in the NCAA

dragonssignature.gif

Im from Costa Rica...so i dont have a huge english level...understand me

:rolleyes:

Which NFL team do you guys think goes absolutely "Nikefied" out first?

The Rams. I can just see them doing it as a cry for attention.

Seattle.

They're closest to Nike HQ -- and with the neon green, why would Nike NOT go 'Oregon Ducks' on 'em?

6uXNWAo.png

Don't the teams have the control of their identities? Nike / Reebok can bring all the wacky designs to the table that they want, but it's up to the team to decide if that's the image that they want or not. I can't believe that the league would do anything dumb like give Nike free creative control over the whole process, or put in the contract that each team will wear a wacky Nikefied uniform at least once per season.

Exactly. It's not just Nike teams wearing black in spite of their school colors, it's pretty much everybody. It's just a trendy thing to do kind of like white helmets have started to become.

Uniform suppliers today are like political parties: they all basically suck. We've seen what Reebok wrought, with game jerseys that look like TJ Maxx irregulars, and now we get Nike, a company that doesn't even understand that college team names should be placed 2 inches below the collar, not 8. Let's all cheer. :rolleyes:

landry-jones.jpg

At least they got the mascots' jerseys right...

spart-HorsePigs_04-21-2008_9777N46.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Nike has done wonderful things for college football, here come the eyesores of the NFL can you say Miami Dolphins new color scheme black and red with swilrs on every uniform, and the Oregon shoulder bumps.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I mean in my opinion Reebok mine as well be Adidas by now.

They are owned by Adidas anyways.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Seattle.

They're closest to Nike HQ -- and with the neon green, why would Nike NOT go 'Oregon Ducks' on 'em?

I agree. Any team with the balls to play in those radioactive-green traffic cop uniforms, I could totally see them going all out crazy with Nike stuff.

Seattle.

I agree. Any team with the balls to play in those radioactive-green traffic cop uniforms, I could totally see them going all out crazy with Nike stuff.

The only team in the NFL with uglier uniforms than Seattle is the Buffalo Bills.

If any good comes of this, maybe Nike can keep Ralph awake long enough to fix our uniforms back to something resembling an NFL team. Red, white, and blue -- how hard is that? Of course, knowing how tasteless Nike is and how stupid the Bills are, I'm sure they'd just add black to the (already muddled) color scheme and call it a day.

Seattle.

The only team in the NFL with uglier uniforms than Seattle is the Buffalo Bills.

If any good comes of this, maybe Nike can keep Ralph awake long enough to fix our uniforms back to something resembling an NFL team. Red, white, and blue -- how hard is that? Of course, knowing how tasteless Nike is and how stupid the Bills are, I'm sure they'd just add black to the (already muddled) color scheme and call it a day.

I'm thinking black monochrome with nickle helmets. The numbers would be charcoal with the imprint of a charging buffalo on them.

*Eagerly awaits Bergman coming in to say that would be great

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm pretty excited for this, I've always been wondering what Nike would do to the NFL in this day and age. Especially if they decided to introduce a pro combat series, what thier inspirations would be.

If (actually should be WHEN) they redesign some teams, of course there are some I hope they don't drastically change (your usuals like the Colts, Browns, Giants, etc.). But I'm really hoping that for some, they do indeed go crazy. I think teams like the Titans, Jaguars, Bengals, and Seahawks (as someone mentioned earlier, and I like the Oregon route idea) would be perfect for such an experiment.

As for New Era, i'm thrilled. As an avid hat collecter (and HUGE fan of the 5950), I'm hoping they roll out some nice caps. I may be in the minority, but I hope they make them like baseball caps, nice and simple without all this crazy stripes and words everywhere. Just a logo on the front, and that's it. That's what i'm crossin my fingers for at least.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived