NFL Awards Nike uniform & sideline apparel rights

GottaDeal

I'm just happy with the thought of Twins Franchise NFL hats again. Size XXL please!

If this happens i'll be ecstatic. I only wear the twins enterprise franchise hats. I was able to get a steelers one online after they stopped making them but it fit a lot smaller than all my other size L franchise hats, possibly a mislabeled medium.

My question is whether or not Nike will be the exclusive nfl supplier the way Reebok was. Won't Nike want to block other companies from making gear just like reebok?

Update: sorry, just saw the article that was posted earlier. quite happy about it.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I get out of this thread is, everyone hates Oregon's uniforms

much like every other thread on here lol.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

It's still weird to see all the love for Nike. If Nike did not introduce the ProCombat line for the NCAA, I don't know that Reebok would have tried to one-up them with the new NFL cut. Reebok's new cut is ok as long as there are no embellishments. The Colts and Giants uniforms are fairly simple, except for the "shoulder" loops. I don't think there would even be a huge different with teams that just have sleeve stripes, like Pittsburgh or Green Bay.

I still fear the day that everyone starts looking like Oregon. The quote about Nike promising to put their innovative stamp on every team worries me. It's the National Football League, not the Nike Football League.

Of course, if jerseys still had sleeves, none of this would be an issue.

It's like politics. The love may not be for what Nike is, it's for what they aren't: Reebok. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It's ridiculous. How many Nike-bashing threads have there been on these boards? Probably a million, give or take a few. Now everyone hates Reebok and wants to suck Nike off. In six months, everyone will hate Nike again and make threads about how good everything was when Reebok had the contract. Just like people complain about Under Armor's college designs. If they got replaced by someone else, that new company would be the bad guy and everyone would want to blow UA. Bottom line - at least 80% of people on these boards are complete idiots who are incapable of objectively analyzing a situation. Is everything Nike does good? No. Is everything bad? No. Is everything RBK did good? No. Is everything bad? No.

Who knows - maybe quality will improve with Nike... or maybe it will go down (and prices will go up.) We don't know yet. We also don't know if any teams will decide to switch to a Nike-pitched design. If you're a fan of a "classic" team, you have nothing to worry about. The league isn't going to go pro-combat... and if it does, it'll be the individual team's fault.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i am actually really happy about this. i dont want nike to go overboard on classic teams but some little modern touch-ups are ok with me. also with the more modern teams that reebok did terrible with will hopefuly be fixed!

maehl.png

It's still weird to see all the love for Nike. If Nike did not introduce the ProCombat line for the NCAA, I don't know that Reebok would have tried to one-up them with the new NFL cut. Reebok's new cut is ok as long as there are no embellishments. The Colts and Giants uniforms are fairly simple, except for the "shoulder" loops. I don't think there would even be a huge different with teams that just have sleeve stripes, like Pittsburgh or Green Bay.

I still fear the day that everyone starts looking like Oregon. The quote about Nike promising to put their innovative stamp on every team worries me. It's the National Football League, not the Nike Football League.

Of course, if jerseys still had sleeves, none of this would be an issue.

If I remember correctly, the Giants were testing the new Reebok uniform before Pro Combat debuted. Their equipment manager was very 'hands-on' with the development. That might explain why the jersey works fine for the Giants solid blue home jerseys. Maybe figuring out how the other teams would translate wasn't a priority during the prototype stage. Who knows?

I see what you and BBTV are saying. Nike is going to be a breath of fresh air... for a season or two. Then the public opinion will revert to where it is now regarding Reebok. That's just the way it works, I guess. Nike's design team is the group responsible for bringing us the Broncos' monstrosity of a uniform, bringing us the Steelers' italic numerals, completely ruining Michigan State's classic look, etc. Just like with any company, it's going to be hit or miss. Nike is going to do some great things, and they're probably going to put out some duds as well, just like anyone else would.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

For me, the biggest difference is, I prefer Nike's merchandise, from the fits of their replicas, I prefer their shirts in general (my favorite Rangers shirt is a Nike template from a few years ago), so for me, completely ignoring design, I'm in favor of the move. Throwing in New Era is just the icing on the cake.

Regardless of what company is the outiftter of the NFL, all uniform suppliers need to realize that they can't fit every team's design on the same template. It just doesn't work, and that's how you get the weird stripes on the Colts uniforms. In this day and age it shouldn't be that hard to develop multiple templates with different seams and available space for stripes. Trying to fit every team's design onto the same template is like trying to all the different shapes of blocks into a square hole; every now and then you'll get one right but the rest won't fit.

jNTsTyQ.png

Imagine if the league went old-school: the teams decide what their unis will look like and the manufacturer just, well, manufactures them. Seems there's been a power shift to NFL Properties and the uni makers, and I really don't get why teams would hand over that authority.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Throwing in New Era is just the icing on the cake.

New Era can't make two identically-labeled hats the same size and can't embroider a logo on straight or centered but 10% of the time. I don't know why anyone would be excited for this. Their QC is terrible. I feel like there's been many a thread about how terrible their product is, and almost all seemed to agree. Now everyone seems to be ecstatic and optimistic that they are going to save the NFL headwear business from the doldrums of Reebok. Seems like the same thing with Nike. People used to make threads for the sole purpose of bashing them, now they're all excited about how much better the NFL is going to be under Nike! What's going on?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

so does this mean the Cowboys will be getting rid of the green pants finally?

Definitely not (necessarily). If they do, it will be because the Cowboys decided so, not Nike.

Throwing in New Era is just the icing on the cake.

New Era can't make two identically-labeled hats the same size and can't embroider a logo on straight or centered but 10% of the time. I don't know why anyone would be excited for this. Their QC is terrible. I feel like there's been many a thread about how terrible their product is, and almost all seemed to agree. Now everyone seems to be ecstatic and optimistic that they are going to save the NFL headwear business from the doldrums of Reebok. Seems like the same thing with Nike. People used to make threads for the sole purpose of bashing them, now they're all excited about how much better the NFL is going to be under Nike! What's going on?

I have never cared for the way Reebok's hats have fit. New Era has issues, sure, but I'd take them 9/10 when it comes to what I put on my head.

Archived