NFL Awards Nike uniform & sideline apparel rights

GottaDeal

Throwing in New Era is just the icing on the cake.

New Era can't make two identically-labeled hats the same size and can't embroider a logo on straight or centered but 10% of the time. I don't know why anyone would be excited for this. Their QC is terrible. I feel like there's been many a thread about how terrible their product is, and almost all seemed to agree. Now everyone seems to be ecstatic and optimistic that they are going to save the NFL headwear business from the doldrums of Reebok. Seems like the same thing with Nike. People used to make threads for the sole purpose of bashing them, now they're all excited about how much better the NFL is going to be under Nike! What's going on?

I have never cared for the way Reebok's hats have fit. New Era has issues, sure, but I'd take them 9/10 when it comes to what I put on my head.

Fair enough. I've never owned a Reebok hat, so the only thing I really know is New Era and their version of 'quality.'

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Era can't make two identically-labeled hats the same size and can't embroider a logo on straight or centered but 10% of the time. I don't know why anyone would be excited for this. Their QC is terrible. I feel like there's been many a thread about how terrible their product is, and almost all seemed to agree. Now everyone seems to be ecstatic and optimistic that they are going to save the NFL headwear business from the doldrums of Reebok. Seems like the same thing with Nike. People used to make threads for the sole purpose of bashing them, now they're all excited about how much better the NFL is going to be under Nike! What's going on?

I have never cared for the way Reebok's hats have fit. New Era has issues, sure, but I'd take them 9/10 when it comes to what I put on my head.

Agreed. Reebok hats seem to be too tall. They look like a fez with a bill.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Agreed. Reebok hats seem to be too tall. They look like a fez with a bill.

I've had Reebok hats & New Era hats. I prefer New Era's hats by a mile.

The bets hats come from Zephyr.

Bingo.

It's a shame Zephyr hats will never see the sidelines. THE BEST lid that's ever graced my dome.

Weird... it's been probably 10 years or so, but the last time I've had a Zephyr hat, they seemed so shoddy. Maybe they've improved in that time (it's extremely possible).

You want to talk about a good cap look no further than The Game. My baseball team wore them this past summer and I have to say it's the best cap I've ever worn. And since I have bad hair days a lot I've worn my fair share of caps.

I will second The Game as a top notch cap. I am a collector of hats, and I must say The Game is awesome. They are so comfortable and of great quality. Easily my favorite.

I hope Nike can at least standardize their sizes unlike Reebok. Reebok sidlines hats I can fit an L/XL, the rest of their stretch-fits L/XL is to small.

Reebok has also had horrible designs the past few years. I couldn't bring myself to buy the 2010 dual-brim Sidline hat, which means my streak of sidline hats last from 2002-2009.

As for The Game, all of their hats I have tried have been way to small. Most of their hats I have seen were sized as "Fits Most" which apparently does not include my fat head.

I have to say I am really impressed with Under Armor hats. Last year I bought a charcoal gray SHSU hat, wore it all spring, during the summer i switched hats an left it in the back of my car. I pulled it out yesterday to go to Homecoming, after 4 mths in the back window in summer in south texas, it was in near perfect condition. Neither the orange or charcoal had faded, the only problem was part of the elastic in the flex-fit got to hot and became really brittle and broke.

~~the dmr~~

Hey, this is David Gormley (founder and president of zephyr)

email me at zephyrhatz@gmail.com and ill get you some

free hats so you know the quality we offer.

Bingo.

It's a shame Zephyr hats will never see the sidelines. THE BEST lid that's ever graced my dome.

Weird... it's been probably 10 years or so, but the last time I've had a Zephyr hat, they seemed so shoddy. Maybe they've improved in that time (it's extremely possible).

You want to talk about a good cap look no further than The Game. My baseball team wore them this past summer and I have to say it's the best cap I've ever worn. And since I have bad hair days a lot I've worn my fair share of caps.

I have a The Game fitted, a Falmouth Commodores Cape Cod Baseball league hat. I will agree they are very high quality, fit slightly different than 5950s (noticeably different though). I love'em but New Era is still king.

doctorwhozimmermansmall.pngeastdillon.png

walt.png

Bingo.

I'll take some BYU hats if you got some laying around! Only half kidding...

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

David, I am well aware of how great Zephyr hats are. I've been rocking Zs for at least a decade now -- and they are, by far and way, THE BEST lid I have ever donned. I hope that it's just a matter of time before your product is seen on a major sport's sideline. Continue the quality work!

.....Free hats? SCORE! B)

6uXNWAo.png

Archived