Waffle / Huddle House Logos

Radiohead

The Waffle House and Huddle House are popular diners often located near interstates. While WH is national, HH is located more on the east coast, midwest & southwest. The two had almost identical logos for years (albeit with different colors). However, I noticed this week that HH changed their logo, I assume to distinguish themselves from their competitor, as well as update their look. All I can say is what took them so long. I think WH is due for a logo change themselves.

Current WH logo

5073979436_3915202fed_o.jpg

Old and new HH logos

5073383047_1281cfcb37_o.jpg

5073979314_6ef013123e_o.png

I definitely thought they were sister companies as well.

What's more interesting to me is businesses that take over former WH/HH locations and use the same sign. I've seen both "Omelet House" and "Fajita House"...with black-on-orange and white-on-green signs, respectively. Amused me.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

You're from South Carolina- you should have known better, haha!

For one, only the Huddle House had biscuits for the longest time...which meant biscuits and gravy.

I personally prefer Huddle House...usually cleaner and the waitresses have more teeth.

You're from South Carolina- you should have known better, haha!

For one, only the Huddle House had biscuits for the longest time...which meant biscuits and gravy.

I personally prefer Huddle House...usually cleaner and the waitresses have more teeth.

I actually haven't been to a Huddle House in at least 15 years...I certainly have never been there by choice. I always remembered it as quite the opposite, dingier even than Waffle House. I think my experiences are haunted by the Huddle House that used to be in Rock Hill (now closed) which was always gross.

I almost forgot about Waffle House knockoffs - on one of my road trips from Alaska, somewhere in the midwest (likely Illinois, Indiana, or Kentucky) we kept seeing places called Waffle Steak. :wacko: Is that like an upscale Chicken 'n Waffles?

[edit] upon research, apparently Waffle House used to be called "Waffle & Steak" (I guess we neglected to see the "&") in Indiana, because another company had rights to the trademark "Waffle House." Still looks weird.

514226587_2d7f9d9ff1.jpg?v=0

170057708IMIOEf_ph.jpg

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived